PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 tax!!! WTF

zippy94
09-21-2011, 06:52 PM
I got this emailed to me and it didn't sit right with me. I thought I would share. Let's here some opinions
ON JANUARY 1 ST 2012, THE GOVERNMENT IS REQUIRING EVERYONE TO HAVE DIRECT DEPOSIT FOR SS CHECKS.

WONDER WHY?

Â*

Â*1% tax on all bank transactions HR4646

Watch for this AFTER November elections; remember this BEFORE you VOTE in case you think Obama's looking out for your best interest.

1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646

This government just cannot think of enough ways to hurt the American people! I sure hope this dies!!!!!

FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646 - ANOTHER NEW OBAMA TAX SLIPPED IN WHILE WE WERE ASLEEP. Checked this on snopes, it's true! Check out HR 4646.

President Obama's finance team is recommending a one percent (1%) transaction fee (TAX). Obama's plan is to sneak it in after the November elections to keep it under the radar.

This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution - banks, credit unions, savings and loans, etc. Any deposit you make, or even a transfer within your account, will have a 1% tax charged. ~If your paycheck or your social security or whatever is direct deposit, it will get a 1% tax charged for the transaction. ~If your paycheck is $1000, then you will pay Obama $10 just for the privilege of depositing your paycheck in your bank. Even if you hand carry your paycheck or any check into your bank for a deposit, 1% tax will be charged. ~You receive a $5,000 stock dividend from your broker, Obama takes $50 just to allow you to deposit that check in the bank.. ~If you take $1,000 cash to deposit at your bank, 1% tax will be charged.

Mind you, this is from the man who promised that, if you make under $250,000 per year, you will not see one penny of new tax. Keep your eyes and ears open, you will be amazed at what you learn about this guy's under-the-table moves to increase the number of ways you are taxed.

Oh, and by the way, if you receive a refund from the IRS next year and you have it direct deposited or you walk in to deposit that check, you guessed it. You will pay a 1% charge of that money just for putting it in your bank. Remember, any money, cash, check or whatever, no matter where it came from, you will pay a 1% fee if you put it in the bank.

Some will say, oh well, it's just 1%. Are you kidding me? It's a 1% tax increase across the board. Remember, once the tax is there, they can also raise it at will. And if anyone protests, they will just say, "Oh,that's not really a tax, it's a user fee"! Think this is no big deal? Go back and look at the transactions you made from on year's banking statements. Then add the total of all those transactions and deduct 1%. Still think it's no big deal?

Â*

k062693w
09-21-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm wondering why the Direct Deposit if they are going to take 1% if it's direct deposit or a walk in transaction ???

Doesn't make sense to me ... they will get it one way or another, so why require DD ...

Blackout
09-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Man, don't get me started on how fucked up the IRS is. I filed an Adoption credit back on April 5th and still haven't seen my money. The Government signed a new tax break in 2010 that allowed adopting parents of special need kids to receive a tax refund of $13,175. This was supposed to be sent out after their basically 3 month processing time.

Well, It's been 7 months and I have now found out that they are having to pay me interest on the full amount after the 5th month at 4% interest.

With the government having so many financial issues, what in the world are they thinking when they are having to pay out so much money for dragging their feet? Just don't make sense.

orangeconv
09-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I call bs, never happen

mad max
09-21-2011, 08:43 PM
^ I hope you are right , but as fucked up as the govt is right now , i can see them trying to do this.

orangeconv
09-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I have a business, we average 500k you think any I'm giving the gov 1%? Just think if you were ford there not going too give 1% of 400 million to the gov on a check cashing tax

mad max
09-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I see your point , but you dont think they would exempt big buisness or lobbyists ? You know its all about screwing the little guy .

Blackout
09-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah I was looking into starting my own buisness, but with all the new taxes and all, it's making me check twice on all the extra expenses.

orangeconv
09-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Yea but this is why it won't work. Buisness cash checks as do "little guy" it would constitute billions,even trillions of dollars per year.

mad max
09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Have you checked our debt lately ?

adragon72
09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
This wouldn't surprise me one bit, but I just can't see this ever happening almost instantly I would close my accounts. They may get 1% when I cash the check but that would be it.

beefcake
09-21-2011, 10:13 PM
sounds like bs, but you never know with the govt

Mista Bone
09-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Why my side job, I mean hobby, I get paid in cash, paypal, or USPS money orders.

If customer prefers to pay via paypal, he gets to pay the extra 3% fees.

Gearhead
09-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Threads like this always crack me up when they start with "I got this in an email".

H.R. 4646 was introduced by a nut job congressman from Pennsylvania. It was called the "Debt Free America" bill or something like that.

It essentially was a proposal for the elimination of the Federal Income tax and to be replaced by this 1% transaction fee "tax". Proposed almost 2 years ago and has -0- supporters in Congress other than the ding dong Pennsylvania congressmen that submitted it. No way in hell it would pass. Obama had nothing to do with it. I'm not an Obama supporter by the way.

You think the Fed Govt would eliminate the Federal Income taxes that we pay each year ???!! Which is what H.R. 4646 was calling for.

05yellowgt
09-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Hell a 1% transaction tax as a replacement of income tax sounds like a great idea lmao.

RIXXX93GT
09-22-2011, 11:20 AM
I dont think anyone mentioned "replacement" John....LOL