PDA

View Full Version : Carrying in bars?

dedpedal
10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Any of you northern gearheads excercised this new govt granted right?

Pitbull1052
10-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Just curious what u guys think about the fact that it's up to the bar owner to allow cc or not

dedpedal
10-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Just curious what u guys think about the fact that it's up to the bar owner to allow cc or not

I didnt know that was part of the new law but I guess as with any bussiness, its up to the owner. Too bad they cant decide the same way about smoking.

Pitbull1052
10-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Preach on brother but yea that's what I read if it's posted no guns then no guns no matter what ccp or not

jktruckin06
10-02-2011, 03:51 PM

It's a good thing. Just like any other business now. The only part of the bill that seems weird is they are going to allow people with misdemeanor drug convictions to purchase firearms now, but still not get their CC.

dedpedal
10-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Like thats going to stop criminals from doing it anyways.

Heinlin (sp) once said " a well armed society is a polite society" or something close. I fully agree.

jktruckin06
10-02-2011, 04:10 PM
+1 it makes everyone who as one equal

djom1cincy
10-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Friday night I hit up lone star steakhouse while cc. It was nice being able to carry and not worry about the law. Lone star didn't have any gun buster signs as of Friday.

ffmueller81
10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
I go to bars to drink... ergo, no new carrying places for me.. :)

04 Venom
10-03-2011, 07:47 PM
I think it is a dumb idea. If I owned a bar, it would be posted.

Dirtyd0g
10-03-2011, 08:40 PM
I am all for gun rights but there is a time and place for everything. I think only non drinking employees and owner-operators should be allowed to carry in a bar. Then it should have to be conceled unless somehow completely out of reach of the patrons. Gun's and drunk people who want to fight go together like alcohol and racing.
Alan

5.0calypso93lx
10-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Who goes to a bar to NOT drink, is my question?

Black92LX
10-03-2011, 09:14 PM
I am all for gun rights but there is a time and place for everything. I think only non drinking employees and owner-operators should be allowed to carry in a bar. Then it should have to be conceled unless somehow completely out of reach of the patrons. Gun's and drunk people who want to fight go together like alcohol and racing.
Alan

Hence the reason it is illegal to drink while carrying.
I see no problems with people carrying in bars if they aren't drinking.

I don't have a problem with law abiding citizens carrying anywhere.
Though at the same time I believe it should be the prerogative of the individual business owner to place restrictions on who patronizes their business upon any grounds that they choose.
And yes I frequent bars yet I don't drink.

jktruckin06
10-03-2011, 09:27 PM
the law is really meant for restaurants that serve alcohol. so you can protect your family and/or friends from someone deciding to go postal in the middle of your dinner. ohio's liquor license laws do not distinguish between bars and restaurants, so they had to lump it all together in the carry law.

dedpedal
10-04-2011, 07:56 AM
I just read in a gun magazine that Ohio already has a law which makes the bussiness owner responsible for injuries caused by someone with a gun if they choose to keep guns out.
Again, responsible people wont be carrying if they are drinking. Criminals are already carrying concealed in places they shouldnt.

Black92LX
10-04-2011, 08:33 AM
I just read in a gun magazine that Ohio already has a law which makes the bussiness owner responsible for injuries caused by someone with a gun if they choose to keep guns out.
Again, responsible people wont be carrying if they are drinking. Criminals are already carrying concealed in places they shouldnt.

What magazine?? Did they happen to cite the specific revised code??

dedpedal
10-04-2011, 08:44 AM
It didnt specify any ORS but but did list Az. A.R.S. §13-3119 And I misread. Ohio has only introduced the bill according to the article by Alan Korwin.
Gun Free Zone Liability Act is the wording.

cstreu1026
10-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Like all gun control laws this one only has an impact on those that actually follow the law. Criminals don't care its if illegal to drink and carry a concealed weapon or if the bar owner puts up one of those rediculous signs because his or her insurance company says so.

IWRBB
10-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Who goes to a bar to NOT drink, is my question?

I was in a bar last Friday for 3 hours and drank nothing. The woman wanted to meet some of her friends there and I wanted to pick up some tools from a house nearby later that night. I was driving the truck to haul the tools so I drank nothing, in a bar. Yes, it happens. If I had a CCW, I'd have carryed it into the bar. I can only think of a few other places besides a bar where you are as likely to run into dumb fucks trying to kick someone's head in.

facemelter71
10-04-2011, 10:55 AM
I am at a bar every tuesday after trap league and dont drink.

dedpedal
10-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I would be very comfortable with people carrying while in a bar as long as they indeed do not drink. Bars have their own persons to deal with drunken fistfights. I would like to think that having armed citizens there would reduce making bars and eateries into "soft targets" which give criminals a free reign for robbery or other violence.

mustang8998
10-04-2011, 09:00 PM
No one thinks about the fact that a person may want to carry, just to get to a bar/restaurant, from where they park. Think about places downtown. Going to and from would be much safer.

The people who think that illegal carrying doesn't happen, are naive. I've seen it many times and nothing ever happened, but it was not something I was comfortable with.

BIGRED Z
10-07-2011, 06:01 AM
I'm kind of digging the irony of the situation. Apparently second hand smoke that will kill you in 30+ years simply cannot be tolerated, but hey...bring on a bullet wound!!! :lol:

Ok I know that's an oversimplification based on a smokers bias, I'm just adding some levity to the thread. :tongue2:

Of course, had I been carrying the night Pedro came to Dickmanns, well lets just say I would have shown amazing restraint not to have shot his ass!

Pitbull1052
10-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Here's why carrying in bars is bad...... I know I know this guy is most likely an idiot and granted he wasnt drinking at the bar when he pulled his glock but he'd been drinking before he came into this bar......

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111012/NEWS0108/110130304/Case-tests-Ohio-s-guns-bars-law?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

bangingears
10-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Here's why carrying in bars is bad...... I know I know this guy is most likely an idiot and granted he wasnt drinking at the bar when he pulled his glock but he'd been drinking before he came into this bar......

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111012/NEWS0108/110130304/Case-tests-Ohio-s-guns-bars-law?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

you missed this part............................."He also is charged with possession of a controlled substance because injectable testosterone was found in his bag", police said

cstreu1026
10-12-2011, 12:24 PM
He knew it was illegal to carry and drink at the bar so I have my doubts that he would have chosen not to carry even if the law had not been changed.

Pitbull1052
10-12-2011, 01:09 PM
you missed this part............................."He also is charged with possession of a controlled substance because injectable testosterone was found in his bag", police said

no i saw that part i just didnt think that part pertained to carrying and being in a bar....... that part is just the boys reaching for other things to charge this dumb ass with......

Pitbull1052
10-12-2011, 01:15 PM
He knew it was illegal to carry and drink at the bar so I have my doubts that he would have chosen not to carry even if the law had not been changed.

I totally agree with you..... it's not the law abiding citizen who goes into a bar and doesnt drink and wasnt drinking at home or the other 5 bars before they end up at their final destination........ there are more dumassess out there with a CCW than one would think and bet that someone gets shot by a CCW holder who's been drinking in a bar before the year is over........ again my point is drinking + bars + guns = recipe for someone getting hurt...... and even if you arent drinking and you carry you can't tell me just like dude said if he'd been carrying he'd considered popping Pedros pinata...

cstreu1026
10-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I totally agree with you..... it's not the law abiding citizen who goes into a bar and doesnt drink and wasnt drinking at home or the other 5 bars before they end up at their final destination........ there are more dumassess out there with a CCW than one would think and bet that someone gets shot by a CCW holder who's been drinking in a bar before the year is over........ again my point is drinking + guns = recipe for someone getting hurt...... and even if you arent drinking and you carry you can't tell me just like dude said if he'd been carrying he'd considered popping Pedros pinata...

There I fixed it for you. It doesn't matter whether its in a bar, your home, or at Decker's farm party alcohol and firearms only go together at government agencies.

Pitbull1052
10-12-2011, 03:01 PM
There I fixed it for you. It doesn't matter whether its in a bar, your home, or at Decker's farm party alcohol and firearms only go together at government agencies.

Lol thanks for fixing what didnt need fixed as the topic was drinking and carrying in a bar...... I guess the difference is I don't allow people to carry in my home drinking or not..... if you fear for you life at my house then you shouldnt be there, Decker's farm party is whole other topic lol

cstreu1026
10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
but my point was that it doesn't matter where it is drunk people and firearms don't mix. You could get in an argument in the parking lot of Krogers with some drunk idiot on a beer run who's got a permit and a gun.

facemelter71
10-12-2011, 03:17 PM
42 other states allow CCW in alcohol establishments. One guy,CAUGHT WITH DRUGS, regaurdless if he had a permit or not still would have been carrying any ways.

Black92LX
10-12-2011, 05:36 PM
no i saw that part i just didnt think that part pertained to carrying and being in a bar....... that part is just the boys reaching for other things to charge this dumb ass with......

Could make quite a difference. Not sure on Ohio's classifications for drug charges but Possession of a Controlled Substance can be a felony. Makes a huge difference in regards to firearm ownership.

The bar and drinking had nothing do with his cognitive choice to break a few laws already. If it were illegal to carry in the bar I don't see much changing.

I remember the original there will be blood in the streets cry when Ohio first passed CCW. Just like the statistics show More legally owned guns equal less crime.

mad max
10-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Theres always a few idiots who ruin things for others. Sounds like he had no buisness with a ccw in the first place.

IWRBB
10-13-2011, 09:52 AM
but my point was that it doesn't matter where it is drunk people and firearms don't mix.

You are right, I tried to mix my guns with some drunk people and they just would not mix! I'm wondering if they'd blend though? I'm thinking if I got a bad ass blender.. maybe.

Seriously though, there's no point in going on and on about intoxicated people and CCWs. The law has passed already. Unless you plan to petition to put it on the ballot, or run for office to change the law- you are wasting your time.

jktruckin06
10-13-2011, 04:51 PM
damn... I just wish I had the money to go out and drink. I have to stay in and drink to afford car parts:cool2:

dedpedal
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
"They say O’Reilly, 25, walked out of the bar and returned a short time later with a .40-caliber semiautomatic Glock pistol in his hand."

Did this mean he got pissed and retrieved the gun from his car and returned to the bar? As I read this, he wasnt concealing it or carrying it. The new law wouldnt pertain to this incident, in my mind. He should be charged with the correct offence. Im curious as to how this is going to pan out.

cstreu1026
10-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Interesting...they changed the article quite a lot since yesterday. If thats the case then its a non-issue whether or not he had a permit to carry.

djom1cincy
10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Who's ever heard of a lawyer getting a dui? What about a judge getting drunk and beating his wife? What about a senator soliciting from a underage boy? Now one ccw holder goes a grabs a gun after drinking. My point is ever apple tree has bad apples.

cstreu1026
10-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Who's ever heard of a lawyer getting a dui? What about a judge getting drunk and beating his wife? What about a senator soliciting from a underage boy? Now one ccw holder goes a grabs a gun after drinking. My point is ever apple tree has bad apples.

We need a like button on here because that hits the nail on the head.

Pops Fun
10-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Last weekend I carried into Nick's in Xenia bar/restaurant with the wife and friends, they serve alcohol. No one was shot... imagine that. I drank iced tea.

You are missing what to me is the main point of the law.... it allows a ccw holder to have protection in a restaurant that serves alcohol, while yes you can carry into a bar I don't think most people will change there personalities ..... if you go to a bar to drink regularly and you didn't take a weapon then that probably won't change.

With that said there are always idiots.. a bar about 2 blocks from the house, never been in it, it known to be rough.

Oh the good ole H
http://www.wlwt.com/news/29459865/detail.html#.TpWprbRVOUs.facebook

dedpedal
10-13-2011, 11:49 PM
well said Steve. I just got home from a few beers and didnt carry my piece. Not because its ilegal, but because its irresponsible.

Mista Bone
10-14-2011, 03:38 AM
I can see carrying daily and if you happen to stop in a place like BW3's for lunch, no big deal, just keep it hid.

But to be packing and going into a BAR like Dickmann's say after 10 pm, you are looking for trouble.

BIGRED Z
11-03-2011, 12:23 AM
and even if you arent drinking and you carry you can't tell me just like dude said if he'd been carrying he'd considered popping Pedros pinata...

Umm, that was a joke. I'd never fire on anyone unless I felt my life was in danger.

Lori <------NOT a dude.

Moody
11-03-2011, 12:39 AM
I carry everywhere I go. I look at it as better to have and not need then need and not have.