PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Did it!!!!!!!!! OMG

KYGTP
10-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Went to E20 last night, and well it finally happened, on my FIRST pass out I got my best 60' EVER, of a 1.68!! AND ran a 11.57 @ 118.46. When I went to get my ticket, Mike, who works at the track, gave me a BIG thumbs up and when I got my ticket, I asked him if the lights were screwed up:lol: I could not believe it. I have been after a 11.5x pass all year, and I got it.

And get this, my next pass was a 11.59, then a 11.61, and then the BEST pass of the night, 11.565 @ 118.51:eek: That was even with a 1.73 60', if I could have pulled the 1.68 or better on THAT pass, I think I MAY have gotten a 11.4x.

I must say, it was a great night for me, and to think I am going to pull the motor tomorrow morning to put all of my other goodies on. If I was able to pull this off with my current set up, I would LOVE to see a 11.4x pass or better with my new cam and block. If not, I can always go back.

I know, it’s a FWD car, and a V6, but I was damn excited tonight.

adragon72
10-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Good job!!! I saw you tonight/yesterday lol I can't get over how fast that thing is.

mad max
10-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Nice job man , its always exciting when you meet a goal you were trying for.

draggin50
10-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Congrats!!! For a v6 front wheel drive that's awesome!

smytty
10-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Yeah good runs, def was some cool air..

Mr.Moontang
10-08-2011, 06:41 AM
That's great guy!!!

setty2706
10-08-2011, 07:02 AM
:bigthumb.. good work

redfirepearlgt
10-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Well done Sean. Just curious however. Have you ever run the car only on street tires at teh track to see the difference the slicks are making for you? Trying to justify saving for a pair of M/T ET Drags this winter for the spring and begin playing a little more seriously.

firestang70
10-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Nice work brother!

KYGTP
10-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Good job!!! I saw you tonight/yesterday lol I can't get over how fast that thing is.

I think that is why I keep modding this car, for the shock factor for what it is.

Nice job man , its always exciting when you meet a goal you were trying for.

Yes, yes it is. All year long I been trying to meet this goal, and last night I ran 3 11.5x runs. I could not believe it.

Congrats!!! For a v6 front wheel drive that's awesome!

Thanks, being FWD drive it makes it a little bit of a challenge to get good 60', even with slicks on.

Yeah good runs, def was some cool air..

That's great guy!!!

:bigthumb.. good work

Nice work brother!

Thanks for words guys!!!

Well done Sean. Just curious however. Have you ever run the car only on street tires at teh track to see the difference the slicks are making for you? Trying to justify saving for a pair of M/T ET Drags this winter for the spring and begin playing a little more seriously.

Chad, if I ran street tires at the track I would NEVER hook up, and I would be pulling 2.0 60' on a good launch. If you are wanting good time and going to race a little more, then yes, save your money and get a set of slicks. I know they are pricey, but if you want good times, you need a sticky tire.

Well, headed out to get some doughnuts with my son and to the garage to start tearing the car down. If anyone is bored today...........:rolleyes:

Rich
10-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Way to go Sean! That's an awesome ride!

Well, headed out to get some doughnuts with my son and to the garage to start tearing the car down. If anyone is bored today...........:rolleyes:

After following your garage build on garage forum, if I come over...I may never leave!

heyitsmepugsley
10-08-2011, 08:20 AM
thats great man. that car is very impressive. we are always glad to watch when we see you running.

Stangman
10-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Sweet! That thing hauls the mail for an fwd!

KYGTP
10-08-2011, 10:06 AM
After following your garage build on garage forum, if I come over...I may never leave!

Nice :lol:

thats great man. that car is very impressive. we are always glad to watch when we see you running.

I think the funnest thing for me is the big smokey burnout, coming out from under the front of the car. Its kinda like watch dollar bills float though the air.

These slick are toward the end of their life, so when I know it will be the last race of the year, I am going to give one heck of a smoke show.

Sweet! That thing hauls the mail for an fwd!

And being 3200lbs with me in it.

INSANEBA
10-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Congrats Sean! I now that feeling you got when you read that time slip! You earned it the hard way though buddy, and I will always be impressed with that car!

kennebellcobra
10-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Congrats!!!! Just think... it wasn't even -da either;)

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-08-2011, 11:18 AM
That's badass, have you done anything special to help with weight transfer? I read about a turbo Caravan years ago and the guy talked about moving the battery as far forward as it would go and even his fuel cell was in the nose to put weight before the engine and tires.

plated
10-08-2011, 11:26 AM
thats badd ass!! keep chipping away at it,or just slap a 76mm turbo on it this winter and next yr you will have to race in adult diapers:lol:

KYGTP
10-08-2011, 11:40 AM
That's badass, have you done anything special to help with weight transfer? I read about a turbo Caravan years ago and the guy talked about moving the battery as far forward as it would go and even his fuel cell was in the nose to put weight before the engine and tires.

There is a "Cable Mod" that I have done in the past. You take a couple small peices of aircraft cable and hook it to the rear suspension and the subframe with the car jacked up, BUT then you have NO rear suspension. So when the car comes off the line, there is NO squat in the rear end, but makes for a very bump ride. At the time I did not see any improvements on the 60ft. But then again, I was only running low 12s, so maybe I need to try it again and see what happens.

KYGTP
10-08-2011, 11:44 AM
thats badd ass!! keep chipping away at it,or just slap a 76mm turbo on it this winter and next yr you will have to race in adult diapers:lol:

Thanks

You know it is funny you say that, because before I bought this new cam, I went back and forth with the idea of building a turbo setup this winter, that would get me into the 10s for sure.:D

BUT, I want to see how far I can get with the S/C setup, once I do that, THEN it will be turbo time, so maybe next winter, that will happen. Do one setup for a season and change it up. Isn't that how it works??

beefcake
10-08-2011, 11:45 AM
congrats,

nothing better than getting that number you have been shooting after all year

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-08-2011, 11:56 AM
How much power are you making? Shit i HOPE my car runs that fast, but i really doubt i have the traction and suspension to make it happen. If it ever hooks the rear end is gonna fly apart.

KYGTP
10-08-2011, 12:01 PM
How much power are you making? Shit i HOPE my car runs that fast, but i really doubt i have the traction and suspension to make it happen. If it ever hooks the rear end is gonna fly apart.

I went to the dyno on Weds and pulled 380 WHP and 365 TQ

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Damn man...that's all in the 60 and driving it like you stole it. I have a lot of work to do on the drivetrain before my heap is that fast.

Mista Bone
10-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Sean, cable mod the FRONT suspension, the rear needs to squat just a little.

And yes, FWD without slicks IMHO is pointless.