PDA

View Full Version : Automatic trans question

setty2706
10-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I have thought about running a automatic with my 306 when i build my street/strip car...

my question is .. what is a good general setup.. what trans to use. what stall..what gear beyond an automatic etc etc..

Dirtyd0g
10-19-2011, 12:03 AM
An AOD can be done, but to make it last it will get expensive mostly because a good valvebody is so darn expensive. The hard parts inside the transmission the easiest solution to make that strong is to use a late 4r70w guts. The worst part about the aod is the critical tv cable that can be worked out with fixed line pressure.
Alan

setty2706
10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
An AOD can be done, but to make it last it will get expensive mostly because a good valvebody is so darn expensive. The hard parts inside the transmission the easiest solution to make that strong is to use a late 4r70w guts. The worst part about the aod is the critical tv cable that can be worked out with fixed line pressure.
Alan

Thanks man... the old saying cheap and realible dont go hand and hand when it comes to building these toys... Almost all my cars have been 5spd i just been thinking about going auto ... curious what its like to put it in gear and relax ahahhahah.... street/strip goal in the future plans just trying to get some ideas... I have made enough money mistakes so i want to plan first buy second

by the way did that boy ever get that TurboGT together