PDA

View Full Version : street stick

heyitsmepugsley
10-19-2011, 11:47 PM
im planning on trying out the street stick class in the umtr this coming 2012 season. this is my first year in the umtr. any tips or pointers would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

jlt2006
10-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Show up and have fun. That is all that is required.

If you are doing the points, have a good r/t and consistant car. You could easily get some rounds.
Both Rick and Steve on here have been Street Stick Champ.

I have had fun doing it for a few years now. Met my fiance at a UMTR race.

I am going to have my new coupe ready for next years races.

Great group of people race with the UMTR.

Looking forward to next season.

Jrcmutang
10-20-2011, 08:27 AM
is there anywhere on what the rules are? Sounds like a great time!

jlt2006
10-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Here is a link to the UMTR south site.

Rules and regulations is in link across the top
http://umtrdragrace.com/

And here is a link to the forums. This located on the UMTR North website
http://www.umtrnorth.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=11

UMTR is also on FB.

heyitsmepugsley
10-20-2011, 08:47 AM
yeah im pretty excited to have fun and meet alot of new people. should be a fun season.

RIXXX93GT
10-20-2011, 12:25 PM
You wont regret it, great bunch of people to race with and hang out.

Maximus
10-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Just so you all know.....when I get my Blue Coupe together, its GAME ON in the Street Stick class!!:cool1:

Stangman
10-20-2011, 12:49 PM
UMTR is a great time. I love going. I need to get off my ass and finish my hatchback so i can play too

Steves LX
10-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Just so you all know.....when I get my Blue Coupe together, its GAME ON in the Street Stick class!!:cool1:

Better make sure its 11.99 or slower or you will be running QS. That's not been confirmed yet but it's rumor right now. Probably will find out for sure Dec.12th at the banquet.

Maximus
10-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Better make sure its 11.99 or slower or you will be running QS. That's not been confirmed yet but it's rumor right now. Probably will find out for sure Dec.12th at the banquet.

Thats BS!!! Unless both classes have the same entry fee.

Steves LX
10-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Thats BS!!! Unless both classes have the same entry fee.

No QS will still cost more to run in than SS. I agree with you to a certain extent. I guess people have been bitching both up north and south about race cars and faster cars running in SS. The ET break was 12.99 for QS and any ET for SS. However 98% of the guys that run in QS are low 10 second - 8 second cars. Safety was also another issue that has been brought up. I plan to run QS next year either way. However whether 11.99 or 12.99 is the ET break for QS. I dont think 1 second is that big of a difference as far as safety goes when you have a 8 second car coming up behind you at 150-160 MPH. If he or she loses control and hits a car without all the proper safety equipment. It's going to be ugly. I personaly think from a safety stand point it should be 11.49 for the ET break for QS. Thats when you get into all the proper safety equipment as far as cages, harness, scattersheilds etc.... If you jump on the UMTR board and go into the North forum and read about the gear jammers race for the North up at Thompson park you will see where this is going. Jeremy Murray(who I dont care for) brought up an interesting point about his 16 second or 18 second(depending on who he has to race) neon. He's not aloud to run in QS and guys over there have bitched when he has tried to. But yet the QS guys are allowed to run in SS if they want, due to the no ET break other than you cant be slower than 18.99.

Steves LX
10-20-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm not a big fan of having some of them guys barreling down on me at that speed either. But as far as I am concern. I dial my car tight and I plan to cut a light and they come catch my ass. But they better plan on running out the back door. Cause I have nothing to hide and thats my plan.

MFIELD
10-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Cant get with a better group of people. I cant wait till next year.

RIXXX93GT
10-23-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of having some of them guys barreling down on me at that speed either. But as far as I am concern. I dial my car tight and I plan to cut a light and they come catch my ass. But they better plan on running out the back door. Cause I have nothing to hide and thats my plan.

I ran a few events in QS and yes I heard the comments about my low 11 second car running in SS. It is not very comforting to get passed by a car running 150 mph. My problem with stepping up to QS is that its almost necessary to have a $4000-5500 dollar trans and a $2000 clutch. Yes you can have success Im sure without these things but I dont see anyone challenging for the championship in QS without them.

NXcoupe
10-25-2011, 07:45 PM
If I can get mine to be consistent I will run in QS on the sauce. If not, then it will be ss all motor, but I will be out there next year for sure.

Steves LX
10-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I ran a few events in QS and yes I heard the comments about my low 11 second car running in SS. It is not very comforting to get passed by a car running 150 mph. My problem with stepping up to QS is that its almost necessary to have a $4000-5500 dollar trans and a $2000 clutch. Yes you can have success Im sure without these things but I dont see anyone challenging for the championship in QS without them.

Well I wont lie and sy that I will feel comfortable getting passed by a car doing 150 or so. But I will take my 2000.00 trans and 600.00 clutch and give it a shot. I dont plan to run for points next year in QS. With all the motor changes I am doing right now I am going to use next year as a learning curve. However with that being said. I also plan to be that little turd that you just cant seem to get flushed down the toliet. I know talk is cheap but if I can run within a few hundreths next year like I did this year. As long as I can cut a light.... Game on!!!!

gt4tb
10-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks to everyone who thinks UMTR is a great group of racers. UMTR is all about trying to keep the rules simple while keeping everyone safe. As we head into our 10th Season of racing, we are considering putting a floor on how fast you can run in Street Stick. Street Stick has been open to any ET because we wanted to give consideration to new racers and those just plain didn't feel comfortable racing Quick Stick. We have been talking about establishing new, fixed ET breaks for QS and SS. The actual breaks have not yet been decided but 11.99 is not going to be the the low end break for SS. I have analyzed all of the 2011 ET data for QS and SS, we are looking at a 1 to 1 1/2 second overlap. Please stay turned to www.umtrdragrace.com for news releases on the home page or the forum.

Tina
Assistant Director

heyitsmepugsley
10-27-2011, 11:05 PM
i know its probly not anytime soon but when will the 2012 schedule be up?

Steves LX
10-27-2011, 11:14 PM
i know its probly not anytime soon but when will the 2012 schedule be up?

Its usually posted around the end of February or beginning of March.

Maximus
10-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Q/S....0-9.99
S/S....10.00-13.99
Jr/S....14.00-Up

JUNIOR Stick FTW!!:eek::bigthumb

Jacob
11-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I plan on running with UMTR next year. I ran the last race at Edgewater and had a great time. It seems to be a good group to race with. I ran with the NMRA this past season and had a good time,but just can't afford to travel again next season.

Jacob

Stangman
11-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Damn... Id be stuck in Jr stick... that's embarassing... lol

jlt2006
12-20-2011, 12:40 PM
They made three rule changes for the upcoming year.

1. Everyone, no matter what ET you run, must wear a helment. For safety.

2. ET for street stick will be 10.50 to 17.99 and quick stick is 7.50 to 11.99.

3. Courtesy staging, you pull in and double bulb your opponent and your DQ. No questions asked.

Almost have the coupe running and can not wait til next season.

Jacob
12-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Has the schedule been released?

jlt2006
12-20-2011, 01:22 PM
It usually gets released around Feb. The rule changes were announced at the UMTR banquet.