PDA

View Full Version : out of state inspection

pegasus
10-24-2011, 05:10 PM
hey guys i bought a truck in ky a few months back and i want to get the title put into my name but i need a inspection but heres the kicker its in a few differnt parts is there anyone on here that does inspections??

setty2706
10-24-2011, 06:13 PM
hey guys i bought a truck in ky a few months back and i want to get the title put into my name but i need a inspection but heres the kicker its in a few differnt parts is there anyone on here that does inspections??

I know it would be a pain but the inspection in ohio doesnt care what it is or what kinda of shape its in... All the lady did at the BMV with my last vert was check the title to the vin and signed off... so i guess if you just threw it on a trailer ,.... they would do it ..

Blackout
10-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I bought a couple different cars from kentucky and indiana and drove the car to the DMV and they came out and verified the VIN and that was it. They didn't care about anything else.

svtmofo
10-24-2011, 09:49 PM
If you know anyone at a car dealer new or used most of the time they can do inspections too. but yea like they said above all they look at is the vin...

pegasus
10-24-2011, 09:55 PM
the cab isnt sitting on the frame I wonder if I could take the vin tag off and take that in i was going to take it off anyway when I painted the cab

94tchikinv8
10-25-2011, 10:02 PM
the cab isnt sitting on the frame I wonder if I could take the vin tag off and take that in i was going to take it off anyway when I painted the cab

Definitely don't do that Jake! That would be VIN tampering.

Stangman
10-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Just get the majority of it on a trailer, haul it up to the dmv, say you bought it outta state, and its a project truck. Theyll look at the dash vin and say ok all done. They pretty much dont care