PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV dropping Fox, FX, Speed and other channels as of Nov 1

Pitbull1052
10-26-2011, 02:36 PM
I looked and didnt see any posts but any who direct tv users should take a moment to voice their opinion regarding direct tv dropping Fox line ups. I know that Fox wants to increase their rates and Direct tv isnt having it but they only want to raise it to what they are charging the other providers.

I know i don't want to lose speed, FX (Sons Of Anarchy) some Fox sports etc......... and I don't really feel like changing providers...... again.

http://www.keepmynets.com/

chris91
10-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Damnnnn, glad I use Time Warner. I wouldnt want to miss SOA, The League, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, American Horror Story(Not a bad show at all) and a couple others. Keeps me busy once the kids hit the sack.

furiouslyfaster
10-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't want to loose speed I will go crazy

Stangman
10-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Makes me regret bundling tv/phone/internet now..... im pissed

Pitbull1052
10-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Makes me regret bundling tv/phone/internet now..... im pissed

Same here...... i'm not sure but it can't hurt if you all go voice your opinion on the site...... I know if they get rid of FX speed and the Fox sports i'll be cancelling mine..... that's about all i watch next they'll be getting rid of the history channel and the travel channel and I won't even need a tv

jlt2006
10-26-2011, 04:46 PM
They pulled that same shit on Dish last year. Was off maybe a month before they settled on a contract.

superstangOH
10-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Im so pissed about this... I got on the same website and fox said they are not trying to raise the rate.

sean
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
they do this all the time. Rival companies said time warner was going to lose a bunch of channels too. I wouldnt worry to much about it. Your going to be fine

1baddlx
10-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Makes me regret bundling tv/phone/internet now..... im pissedwhen did you move outta mom and dads house?:lol::lol::lol::lol:dont they pay the cable bill lol

Goldenpony
10-26-2011, 05:46 PM
I've tried both Direct TV & Dish. I will be staying with Time Warner. Hard to beat.

sean
10-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I've tried both Direct TV & Dish. I will be staying with Time Warner. Hard to beat.

for sure. That and I have a buddy that works for time warner.

cstreu1026
10-26-2011, 08:06 PM
They pulled that same shit on Dish last year. Was off maybe a month before they settled on a contract.

Yup, and it was around this time too because I missed a few episodes of SOA and was pissed.

Carl
10-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Hmmm, god forbid I try to break my contract. There really are no good providers anymore.

SMOKE
10-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Switched to Direct TV about a year ago and just waiting for my contract to expire so I can go back to Time Warner. Direct TV sucks in my opinion and I never get service with the weather is bad. The DVR service is slow and the receiver locks up all the time, Ive call several times and they won't do anything about it. When I had issues with a receiver at Time Warner, I stopped in the store and the gave me an upgraded receiver for free!

IWRBB
10-27-2011, 09:54 AM
I've had all of them- TWC, Dish and DirectTV in the last 5 years. If you have HDTVs and want a good HD DVR, Dish is the only good option. TWC's DVRs are a joke- they feel like a little kid programmed the menus and graphics. Their monthly prices are off the hook too. Direct's DVR is even worse- browing through the guide or list of recordings is *so* painful. Push button- wait wait, wait, wait a bit more- oh there it goes. Dish's DVR is awesome- fast, responsive, nice graphics and menus plus it has the best thing ever invented for TV watching. An instant 30-sec skip button. Dish's prices are below Direct's and TWC as well.

The only complaint I've ever had about Dish is when they came out to upgrade my equipment- they tried to bill me $100 for the visit. I said BS- I was never told about that. There was no fee on the paperwork I signed and the lady on the phone never mentioned any fee. They kept saying I had to pay it and I kept telling them that is not an acceptable answer and I flat out refused to pay it. They finally caved and cancelled the fee.

furiouslyfaster
10-27-2011, 10:07 AM
they do this all the time. Rival companies said time warner was going to lose a bunch of channels too. I wouldnt worry to much about it. Your going to be fine

Thanks sean you should do therapy I know were to go if I have a panic attack, but no seriously what if i lose speed. I upgraded my programming just so I could have speed, now that i have it i can't.....won't live without it.

bangingears
10-27-2011, 10:14 AM
i switched from direct tv to warner cable. I also saved $100 a month, no contract, and no headaches

Walter
10-27-2011, 10:26 AM
I went from time warner to cincy bell fiber optics and saved 90/month. And my internet went from 2mb to 10mb.

05yellowgt
10-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Time Warner rates would only save $8/month on the introductory offer vs what I pay now with Directv for equivalent service. After the 12 month offer I'm sure it would cost quite a bit more.

bestracing
10-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I switch from DirectTV to no cable or dish services and haven't missed the outragous bills they charge. I just pay for NetFlix and watch what I want when I want.

Buyer Beware!! If you get a Blu-ray player that is WiFi ready it doesn't mean that the equipment has WiFi. Sony sticks it to you by making their Blu-ray players to only accept their $75 USB WiFi dongle or hard wire it. To get around it I just bought a Netgear Eithernet wireless remote hub for much less and it works just fine.

ps. they don't tell you that either.......