PDA

View Full Version : Dipstick reading wrong?

INSANEBA
10-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Well this is like my 6th stang, and never have I ran into this one. Well not until the short bus that is lol. Anyways, when I first got this car, I did an oil change. I've done a few since then as well, and everytime I noticed my dipstick didnt read right at all. So after the first time, I filled it with 5 quartas, fresh filter, and starrted it up. Let it settle for a lil while, and then checked the stick. I marked it where it showed oil, to make my new "full" mark. So after the other day, this was bugging me. I thought, I winder if some asshat threw an F-150 stick in this thing? So I searched the part # on the dip stick, and found out a new lesson. Ford put these in the 5.0 cars by mistake, and left them in there with a tsb on how to re-mark them. Talk about janky lol. I found it funny I learned something new about a fox after all these years.

Stangman
10-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Ive always wondered why the dipsticks had the marks in different spots.... heck i dont even care anymore, i throw 5 qts in it and roll... course the dipstick on my 94 is correct lol

chris91
10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
My 92 had that problem.

cstreu1026
10-28-2011, 07:45 PM
We had a Cadillac SRX with the northstar V8 and the dispstick in that thing was awful. The only time I knew I had the right amount of oil in it was when I changed the oil.

INSANEBA
10-28-2011, 11:02 PM
I didnt know this til I noticed mine wasnt right. I searched it, and turns out it's a pretty common problem on these thngs.

331lx
11-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Mine is same way. Dam Ford engineers lol