PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted....

Jrcmutang
10-31-2011, 07:52 AM
I have tow cars that I am wanting to do some mods to, I am wanting some opinions on which to go with:

First is a 95 with a turbo kit, car s a five spped now that made 541/523. Second is a 86 coupe with a 357w and its going to be carbed. motor with different heads meade 420/420 at the crank, now it has a set of larger heads so should make more power. Question is which should I put in each car. I just bought a PA automatic off of here with a foot brake converter and no trans brake. Or i have a tko600 with a two step. What do you guys think should go in each car? Keep in mind that they are both going to be street cars and a little time at the track.

Rick93coupe
10-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Turbo car needs the automatic.

Jrcmutang
10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Thats what i was thinking, but i think it might get tricky to build boost without a trans brake? first time ever dealing with an auto here. lots to learn

2Fast4You
10-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Thats what i was thinking, but i think it might get tricky to build boost without a trans brake? first time ever dealing with an auto here. lots to learn

That would depend on the stall of the converter to start.
If it's primary intent is to be a street car I would put a 5-speed behind it. It's going to ultimately be your preferrence, you are going to get a bunch of opinions concerning this.

Dirtyd0g
10-31-2011, 11:36 AM
A turbo can build boost without a brake you just need more stall to do it. Turbo cars are hard to nail the perfect stall but once you do it is amazing. Too much is worse than not enough.
Alan

Jrcmutang
10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
WELL THAT AUTO IS THE TRANS THAT WAS SOLD ON HERE, ITS A 3800 STALL