PDA

View Full Version : E2O 11/5

MFIELD
11-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Whos going tomorrow? I got a new gear and dropped the exhaust, lets see what it will do now.

kennebellcobra
11-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I will be there and praying my shutting off is fixed! I think it was the clutch....

MFIELD
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
What? how was the clutch causing it?

Jeff88coupe
11-04-2011, 06:32 PM
I'll be there with the 28's on the car looking for some 8's.

MFIELD
11-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Cant wait to see that Jeff

redfirepearlgt
11-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Would love to come down but I'm in the DOGHOUSE with the wifey. Good luck Kennebell. Hope you break into that 10 group!

kennebellcobra
11-04-2011, 08:00 PM
What? how was the clutch causing it?

My theory is that when I power shift its flaring up to much and the slow fox processor cant keep up and freaks out.

A lot of people have to do the crystal upgrade when they get around 7000ish rpm's. My shift light is set at 5800 but think its flaring to much cause the clutch cant hold it.

Last Friday I made tons of passes lifting on the shift, never acted up one time, as soon as I power shifted it, it would shut off.

adragon72
11-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm coming down to watch. Good luck jeff and Shannon I hope you both put down all new best

adragon72
11-04-2011, 09:03 PM
And MFIELD sorry I missed you

flyin2jz
11-04-2011, 09:17 PM
My theory is that when I power shift its flaring up to much and the slow fox processor cant keep up and freaks out.

A lot of people have to do the crystal upgrade when they get around 7000ish rpm's. My shift light is set at 5800 but think its flaring to much cause the clutch cant hold it.

Last Friday I made tons of passes lifting on the shift, never acted up one time, as soon as I power shifted it, it would shut off.

the stock processor is good to about 7200 if i tried to shift any higher than 7200 it would hicup a little. It wouldnt do it every time. I had this exact same issue. MY car would shut off like i turned the key off until i lifted off the throttle then it would run just fine. The issue was the fuel pump in the tank. It was a 255 but we noticed it was goofy acting and slow on a occilloscope or whatever you call it. The mechanic at precision autosports put it on there and boom we found the issue. I replaced everything from the dizzy to meter and injectors. I have since went to the anderson pms after the processor wouldnt even think of shifting at 8k. THe chip is a waste of time when it comes to high rpms.

capri306rs
11-04-2011, 11:29 PM
You guy's get to play with metcalf and the gang tommorow. I wish everyone good luck on your run's and don't brake anything.LOL I think there will be some high 8 passes.

kennebellcobra
11-05-2011, 09:19 AM
the stock processor is good to about 7200 if i tried to shift any higher than 7200 it would hicup a little. It wouldnt do it every time. I had this exact same issue. MY car would shut off like i turned the key off until i lifted off the throttle then it would run just fine. The issue was the fuel pump in the tank. It was a 255 but we noticed it was goofy acting and slow on a occilloscope or whatever you call it. The mechanic at precision autosports put it on there and boom we found the issue. I replaced everything from the dizzy to meter and injectors. I have since went to the anderson pms after the processor wouldnt even think of shifting at 8k. THe chip is a waste of time when it comes to high rpms.

I did try a different fuel pump with no luck....

After it shuts off then comes back on the af goes in the 10's and when I push the clutch in the idle hangs and it surges. Have to restart it before it clears up.

From what I had read these are the symptoms that the processor cant keep up.

We will find out today if this is the case....

redfirepearlgt
11-05-2011, 10:47 AM

So how did "granny shifting" effect your time? Just curious if you saw any loss on the ET.

kennebellcobra
11-05-2011, 09:44 PM
So how did "granny shifting" effect your time? Just curious if you saw any loss on the ET.

I was going 11.20-11.30's but was just hot lapping it.