PDA

View Full Version : Hot Wheels Drag Strip

4EYED85GT
11-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I wanted to share pics of the drag strip I built for my son last year. Saw the instructions on a hot wheels website and figured I would build one. It is hinged and folds up. Can also change the angle for steepness. The starting gate was pretty simple and is more reliable than a push button type starting sytem thats on some hotwheels play sets you can buy. Let me know what you think! My wife said I built it for myself....

We had a drag racing bracket for the kids at his birthday party last year. They drew numbers and picked their car and then the racing begun. It was fun!

GREAZY
11-06-2011, 09:14 PM
That is sweet..I bet he has fun with it.

SJSlots
11-06-2011, 11:44 PM
That is sweet..I bet he has fun with it.

Hell.. I'd probably have fun with it!

adragon72
11-07-2011, 08:29 AM
looks cool!! reminds me of the pine wood derby me and my son do for scouts

Pitbull1052
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
you know Tim has fun with it almost every day! That's pretty sweet how's the car coming havent heard any updates?

bestracing
11-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Where's the photocell timing system?????

LoL Just kidding, that's really a nice set-up!

pegasus
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM
come on how is he going to lean to cut a light? you need to take 2 door lock solenoids mount them under the track get 2 steering wheels and 2 push buttons (like trans brake buttons) then go to jegs and buy a tree then have both cars go into a small pipe that goes ovee each lane, in the pipe under the track have a nitous nozzle hooked up to an air compresser with about 250psi in activate the compressed air via another push button on the steering wheel and a nitrous solenoid....wow this red bull im drinking is BadA$$

sweet track man

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-07-2011, 02:32 PM
So are you gonna take apart one of your son's favorite cars and add a little lead weight to it? That's the same as bolt ons right?

bestracing
11-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Back when my son was in cub scouts they had a pine wood derby and that track is set up just like this and they had a timing system. When the cars were released they would hit a photocell and start the timer. Down the track they had a speed trap with the finish line just like a drag strip and they would display the scale MPH. It was quite fun working on the cars!