Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Looking for a New Laptop [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a New Laptop

Blackout
11-12-2011, 04:35 PM
I have an HP 17.3 that I have used continuously for the last 3 years and it's now starting to give out on me. So before I go and spend the money for another one at a store, I figured I would check on here and see if anyone is selling one. Let me know...

Thanks

Dirtyd0g
11-12-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't have anything worth using all the time, I have a couple of xp version dells. they work ok but I wouldn't trust them for daily use.
Micro center has great prices on Toshiba's The wife and I both bought one and they have both been very good.
Alan

Blackout
11-12-2011, 06:23 PM
yeah, I have never had any luck buying stuff from them. Everytime I get something there it doesn't work. I am still on the hunt though.

Mista Bone
11-12-2011, 06:26 PM
What do you need the Laptop for?

6 year old IBM T42p still going here. Built like a tank, but not as bright of screen as new units, sucks sitting in a car during the daytime.

New $40 battery made a huge difference while not plugged in.

redfirepearlgt
11-12-2011, 06:28 PM

6 year old IBM T42p still going here. Built like a tank, but not as bright of screen as new units, sucks sitting in a car during the daytime.

You can't kill those thinkpads! The new Lenovo's are pretty close in build though. Of course Lenovo is the old IBM Thinkpad.

Lenovo B570 on sale at Best Buy but likely ends this evning. $349. Same processor and memory and screen size at Microcenter on the G570 model $479.00 which is unusual for BB to beat MC on a price from my experience. Don't know why G is different from B model. Good luck.

Dirtyd0g
11-12-2011, 06:28 PM
If you buy their warranty which isn't much they replace or fix stuff right away. otherwise they pawn it off on the manufacturer. The thing that makes me mad about dealing with them is all the stupid rebates. Rebates to me are like saying "prove to us you have more money that you are willing to spend" then half the time you don't get your money back. It allows them to advertise a price that is lower than the actual price.
Alan

Mista Bone
11-12-2011, 06:30 PM
The rebates = hope you forget to mail it in......

Blackout
11-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Yeah I hate Rebates! And what I also hate is sites like Bestbuy.com. You get on there to see if they have any good deals but you have no idea if they have it in stock. And then when you get there the price is not the same as it is online.

Walmart is the same way.... they will not price match there own site and other Walmart's prices. Lots of BS if you ask me!

Blackout
11-12-2011, 06:58 PM

Mine is dying. The sound no longer works, the mouse pad doen't work, the screen has to be in a certain spot before the screen will show a picture, and it also likes to go into thermal shutdown. It's aggrivating to say the least.

mad max
11-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Ive had the best buy in beavercreek price match their website. I think it was on a camcorder. I had the printout from the website and they matched it. You might try it.