PDA

View Full Version : ATT Smartphone Data Plan ??

Katmandu
11-13-2011, 12:08 AM
My wife isn't a techie and rarely uses her Data plan.

I'm curious as to if her phone would still access the Net using my home Wi-Fi with NO ATT Data plan.

:confused:

chris91
11-13-2011, 12:14 AM
We recently switched to At&t. As long as you have a signal from your modem you will use your wifi.

Katmandu
11-13-2011, 12:17 AM
We recently switched to At&t. As long as you have a signal from your modem you will use your wifi.:cool2: So I can save $15 more/month then ! :bigthumb

chris91
11-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Pretty sure with any smart phone you MUST carry a data plan with it though. Not 100% positive but Im pretty sure.

blown96cobra
11-13-2011, 01:42 AM
Yep I'm a store mgr for AT&T. U have to have a data plan on a smartphone or corporate will add one for you when your imei registers on the server

Katmandu
11-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Yep I'm a store mgr for AT&T. U have to have a data plan on a smartphone or corporate will add one for you when your imei registers on the serverHow does it get it if it's running off a private Wi-Fi Network ? It's not going thru an ATT server.

blown96cobra
11-13-2011, 04:29 PM
When you power the phone on with our sim card in it. It registers with our network and logs the Imei # of the handset your using. If u have wifi your not using our data but the phone is still registering on our network. I switched from an iPhone to an htc inspire for two days and the next morning after I changed the sim I got an email from customer service telling me I needed to call 611 and update my data plan since I changed phones. Trust me they catch everything.

Katmandu
11-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Trust me they catch everything.Dang! :(

I have the Inspire as well and love it. :bigthumb

My wife just upgraded to the HTC Status about a month ago. She's not happy with it. The screen is WAY too small. What's it worth without the receipt and original box ?

2-8-1
11-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Yep I'm a store mgr for AT&T. U have to have a data plan on a smartphone or corporate will add one for you when your imei registers on the server

I work for AT&T as well, and I can verify everything he said.

Trust me they catch everything.

Truth.

Katmandu
11-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I work for AT&T as well, and I can verify everything he said.Cool.

Hey, since you both work for ATT (and have some pull), tell the Progammers w/ATT to get their crap together and reorganize that website.

I downloaded the ATT Messaging App and Address Book App. Talk about a cluster F**K ! Not an easy task. I'm not expert but I have a lot of experience with setting up and modding computers.

The link for logging in the ATT Messaging App is buried deep with in the confines of the complicated lay out of ATT's website.

There are multiple links for the App that do NOT correlate and have different Password credential requirements ! Yea! NO JOKE! Seriously! I could not believe what a cluster f**k the coordination (or lack there of) is with this Application!

The link shown on the Messaging App (on the mobile device) is a DEAD LINK!

The link for the ATT Messaging App needs to be on the Top off ATT's main page!

Also, the Address Book App is NOT integrated with the Messaging App at all.

Google Voice has you guys wipped on this Technology so far.

Does listen to Customer's complaints and/or Suggestions ?

blown96cobra
11-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Dang! :(

I have the Inspire as well and love it. :bigthumb

My wife just upgraded to the HTC Status about a month ago. She's not happy with it. The screen is WAY too small. What's it worth without the receipt and original box ?

I'm pretty sure you can trade that In at the store for something different if u have an upgrade available. I have yet to talk to anyone who likes the status it was a great idea just a piss poor design. I ended up goin back to the iPhone and just picked up a 4s it's hands down the best phone I've ever used. If your inside 30 days return the status and you can get something else

Rick93coupe
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Does the 4S work on the 4G network? For some reason I think it does not.

blown96cobra
11-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Nope it does not but I doubt I'll ever get. 4g where I live.