PDA

View Full Version : Computer guru's, I need some help!

Markcore
11-25-2011, 02:56 PM
My computer doesn't seem to release the DNS info from a previous network I was on. I've tried ipconfig /release, it will release it BUT the next time I log off then back on, it's there again. If my wife is online on her profile, I cannot logon under my profile. I have to logout of hers, /release /renew mine then I can gain access to my wireless. Rebooted a few times too.

Help meh! :( :bigthumb

Attachment shows the Crestron.crestron.com network I can get rid of.

Blackout
11-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Sounds like there is software that is in use. Some viruses do that and there can be just a program trying to update and not letting the connection end. Might take a little digging to figure it out.

FMGT1999
11-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Can you give me some more details: what os are you using, how is/was it connecting before and any other details/changes that have been done before the problem started.

Kyle

Markcore
11-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Sounds like there is software that is in use. Some viruses do that and there can be just a program trying to update and not letting the connection end. Might take a little digging to figure it out.

I did install a very large Crestron program, one that is a "Master Installer" that checks for updates once opened.

Can you give me some more details: what os are you using, how is/was it connecting before and any other details/changes that have been done before the problem started.

Kyle

Windows 7, Cat5 into their LAN, just installed their software.

Thanks fellas!

Markcore
11-26-2011, 09:15 AM
FYI

Tried /flushdns also.