PDA

View Full Version : Smog pump????????

90fastgt
11-30-2011, 01:37 AM
I ran into a little problem I got my car all put together an got my supercharger on an realized I have to run a smog pump to get the belt to work for where the alternator is I pulled out my old smog pump out of the garage an it is locked up I can't get it to spin at all does any one know where I can get one or does ne one have one on here they would want to sell it won't be hooked up I just need it to spin freely this is the only thing holding me up from getting the new setup running if anyone knows how to get the belt to work without the smog pump would even be better thanks

Gearhead
11-30-2011, 07:48 AM
I ran into a little problem I got my car all put together an got my supercharger on an realized I have to run a smog pump to get the belt to work for where the alternator is I pulled out my old smog pump out of the garage an it is locked up I can't get it to spin at all does any one know where I can get one or does ne one have one on here they would want to sell it won't be hooked up I just need it to spin freely this is the only thing holding me up from getting the new setup running if anyone knows how to get the belt to work without the smog pump would even be better thanks

You can use a smog pump delete pulley kit if you can't find a smog pump from anybody. Don't use the Ford Racing kit though, it's missing the correct hole in the side of it for the Alternator bracket. I think UPR or ASP sells them for around 40-50 bucks.

Are you still using the A/C compressor ?? You can run into issues also if you ditch your A/C and move your P/S pump up in place of it.

adragon72
11-30-2011, 08:17 AM
i have the smog pump delete with the correct hole lol it was on my car with a blower. i ended up moving my alt and dont use it any more.

90fastgt
11-30-2011, 11:01 AM
I dont use the AC compressor but what I could tell it looks like it should still work hopefully if not I will have to put the compressor back on thanks for that info

90fastgt
11-30-2011, 11:09 AM
i have the smog pump delete with the correct hole lol it was on my car with a blower. i ended up moving my alt and dont use it any more.

Would you be interested in selling it if so I will definitely buy it I need one asap I will pm you with my number

mrstang-gt-46
11-30-2011, 11:21 AM
i have one to,i think

adragon72
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Would you be interested in selling it if so I will definitely buy it I need one asap I will pm you with my number

yes i will sell it

2Fast4You
11-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Are you not just able to get a shorter belt, that would be the ultimate fix and alot less expensive?

mwaller5672
11-30-2011, 12:27 PM
That's what I plan on doing. I put on an AC delete and removed the smog pump. A lot of people do this so someone you have the correct belt length. I need it also.

adragon72
11-30-2011, 12:31 PM
on my blower the alt mounts below the smog pump and uses it for bracing, you cold make a bracket and remove the smog pump or get the smog delete.

i ended up moving my alt to the driver side in place of a/c and power steering. the easyiest way is to use a smog delete pully.

90fastgt
11-30-2011, 01:00 PM
on my blower the alt mounts below the smog pump and uses it for bracing, you cold make a bracket and remove the smog pump or get the smog delete.

i ended up moving my alt to the driver side in place of a/c and power steering. the easyiest way is to use a smog delete pully.that is how mine is an if you don't use the smog pump pulley the belt rubs on each other on the water pumping sent you a pm with my number I'm not for sure of it sent let me know if you get it or just give me a call an let me know a price so I can come get it thanks

adragon72
11-30-2011, 01:04 PM
I pm you to

adragon72
11-30-2011, 01:05 PM
513-418-1898

Gearhead
11-30-2011, 06:10 PM
I dont use the AC compressor but what I could tell it looks like it should still work hopefully if not I will have to put the compressor back on thanks for that info

You may need a bigger diameter P/S pulley if you moved it up in place of your A/C compressor. I used a 94-98 V6 pulley.
Also, may need the 93 Cobra Water pump pulley. The belt is going to possibly rub on the water pump pulley if you don't use the V6 P/S pulley and the 93 Cobra W/P pulley.

Just my experience.....others could be different though.....

mwaller5672
11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
The person I work with works with foxes all the time. He gave me the size I would need. I think it was 78 and a quarter but I would have to ask him again. I'm sure everything on here would work just depends on how you want to do it.

jktruckin06
11-30-2011, 09:28 PM
tie a string in the place of the belt... it's fail proof

90fastgt
12-01-2011, 12:55 AM
I sure hope it doesn't rub its already got me frustrated if that's the case I mite have a supercharger cheap lol