PDA

View Full Version : Good luck with Jegs Fans?

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Need two ten inch fans for the fox to fit my nice new shiny metal shroud and saw the Jegs units flow some decent CFM but I have never used one.

IWRBB
12-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Option 1 is go to the junkyard an pick up a OEM fan that fits. Option 2 is get something from SPAL, Tripac or Derale. Everything "Mr-Sumitt-flex-a-Magic-Jegs" is crap.

Dirtyd0g
12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
MarkVIII fans are the preference.
Alan

Pitbull1052
12-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Coutour fans flow more than just about any fan made. There's a huge article in 5.0 and I think we've talked about it several times on here as well. I'm not sure what the CFM is all I know is I have a 347 3 row rad and countour fans and in the middle of summer 90 + degrees out sitting in traffic for over an hour and my car never gets hot.....

IWRBB
12-07-2011, 03:48 PM
And for the record there was a Mark VIII at U-Pull-N-Pay two weeks ago with the fan intact.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Well I am using the sheet metal shroud I made, the plastic look is so 1990s LOL. I have some stupid fan on the car now that came with the car, built in thermostat like an old black magic and it sucks ass.

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Coutour fans flow more than just about any fan made. There's a huge article in 5.0 and I think we've talked about it several times on here as well. I'm not sure what the CFM is all I know is I have a 347 3 row rad and countour fans and in the middle of summer 90 + degrees out sitting in traffic for over an hour and my car never gets hot.....

If you wanna talk about all out CFM, the fans Dodge used on the Vipers are the kings. I don't recall the exact numbers but i know they're higher than the Mark VIII which flows in the neighborhood of 4500cfm when running on high.

I don't recall the Contour fan being much of a brute when it comes to all out air flow..the main thing it has going for it is being very low profile and running on very little juice, you can use like a 20 amp fuse on them and be just fine, whereas the Mark spikes to something like 90 amps on start up so you need a bigass fuse to run them.

I can't see the Contour fans moving 4500cfm even combined, but they're still no slouch and plenty enough to cool a modded Fox. If it were me, i'd figure out a way to get the Contour fans into this shiny new fan shroud before i bought Jeggs fans.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-08-2011, 10:41 AM
If you wanna talk about all out CFM, the fans Dodge used on the Vipers are the kings. I don't recall the exact numbers but i know they're higher than the Mark VIII which flows in the neighborhood of 4500cfm when running on high.

I don't recall the Contour fan being much of a brute when it comes to all out air flow..the main thing it has going for it is being very low profile and running on very little juice, you can use like a 20 amp fuse on them and be just fine, whereas the Mark spikes to something like 90 amps on start up so you need a bigass fuse to run them.

I can't see the Contour fans moving 4500cfm even combined, but they're still no slouch and plenty enough to cool a modded Fox. If it were me, i'd figure out a way to get the Contour fans into this shiny new fan shroud before i bought Jeggs fans.

Hence why I asked, Derale makes a 10 in but the CFM seems a bit on the low side. Push comes to shove i will just use the Countour fans like everyone else and buy a controller for them.

What makes me giggle is the alu two row on the car that has worked perfect is a Jegs LOL

IWRBB
12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Radiators tend not to have electrical components in them ya see.... A radiator can't just "stop working" like a cheap fan could at the worst time.

I wouldn't sweat the "low" CFM ratings on the Derale. It's a real rating, unlike the inflated fantasy numbers you'll get from Mr-Sumitt-flex-a-jeg-a-Magic's marketing departments.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Radiators tend not to have electrical components in them ya see.... A radiator can't just "stop working" like a cheap fan could at the worst time.

I wouldn't sweat the "low" CFM ratings on the Derale. It's a real rating, unlike the inflated fantasy numbers you'll get from Mr-Sumitt-flex-a-jeg-a-Magic's marketing departments.

So a Jegs waterpump is a good idea LOL

I will keep the Derale in mind