PDA

View Full Version : So Iran has one of our downed drones?

Rick93coupe
12-09-2011, 01:36 AM
I don't know how secretive that technology is anymore but you would think that there would be some sort of fail safe / self destruct type mechanism for situations like that.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/iran-releases-images-downed-u-spy-drone-171144210.html

TurboNG
12-09-2011, 02:09 AM
No not really anyway to self pop other than to hit it with another drone to destroy it. Hell all the parts are made in china prob so....

Black92LX
12-09-2011, 11:29 AM
My thoughts on this are but pure speculation.
We let them have it.

What better recon??? We realized they/someone was attempting to hack the drone. We download then purged all meaningful data from the drone and upload bogus info in with noncrucial info on the drone.
We still maintain control of what's being downloaded and now have an inside spy to the facility of whoever has it.

May be wishful thinking, but I would like to think our techies are a little more savvies than theirs to allow one of our most useful weapons in today's current battle to be taken.

Iran flew and landed it safely. I would like to think we have some sort of sensor stating we have lost command of one. Then another drone would be launched to destroy it if we had truly lost it.

cstreu1026
12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
I am not sure that letting them have it or not really matters much unless we are prepared to invade a sovereign country after viloating their air space with a piece of equipment designed to spy on them.

duststang
12-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Looks to be in fairly decent shape almost like it was flown and landed for them?

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Let them have it, comes with the little surprise inside.

RIXXX93GT
12-09-2011, 04:31 PM
I say give them a free bonus cruise missile to go with that drone. Free delivery of course.

cstreu1026
12-09-2011, 05:34 PM
What if the roles were reversed? What if a Chinese or Russian drone was shot down or captured over LA? There would be a huge uproar about how they have no right to send their planes in to US airspace without permission. Why shouldn't Iran respond in the same fashion?

Black92LX
12-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Story is still fuzzy.
Did we violate their airspace if it was hacked like they are claiming they did?

Hasn't been much uproar about the cartels or Mexican Army entering U.S. Territory along the southern border.

cstreu1026
12-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Either way if we spent half as much time worrying about what going on here at home as we do worrying about what Iran and North Korea are doing we would be a lot better off.

Rick93coupe
12-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I hadn't heard it was hacked and taken, that's interesting. Seems unlikely though.

Black92LX
12-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Either way if we spent half as much time worrying about what going on here at home as we do worrying about what Iran and North Korea are doing we would be a lot better off.

Two nuclear powers with crazed dictators one of which whose sole goal is to completely destroy one of our greatest allies is something to keep an eye on in my book.

The pictures show no damage and the Iranians claim they hacked it. Our government confirms the Iranians have it.
I find it highly unlikely to be hacked as well.
Hence the reason I speculat we realized someone was attempting to hack it and we took the opportunity to use the drone for some recon we would not get otherwise.

cstreu1026
12-10-2011, 12:32 AM
And what has our alliance with Israel gotten us besides terrorist attacks on our own soil, wars and armed conflicts in multiple nations, and trillions of dollars in debt? We give money (our tax dollars) to Israel so they can by weapons from our defense companies and who wins really?

Maximus
12-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Fuck it. Let Israel un-leash hell on those Turbin wearing freaks.:bigthumb

orangeconv
12-10-2011, 09:04 AM
My sec. Son controls one of them but he cant say weather it was his or not. Preaty bad ass that you contol something like that just like a video game.

Black92LX
12-10-2011, 11:34 AM
And what has our alliance with Israel gotten us besides terrorist attacks on our own soil, wars and armed conflicts in multiple nations, and trillions of dollars in debt? We give money (our tax dollars) to Israel so they can by weapons from our defense companies and who wins really?

May I suggest you do a little research into how involved Israel is when it comes to medical research, not to mention the how much intelligence they provide us in regards to what goes on in the Middle East.

Israel is unequivocally our greatest ally and as things get worse over there even more so.

I won't even get into the Biblical Standpoint of things the wealth of information we draw from them, that would be gathered by no one else is invaluable.

And as Maximus has pointed out when the time comes they will do what needs to be done because the Lord knows none of our politicians will have the spine to do it.

cstreu1026
12-10-2011, 11:49 AM
We have been traveling on this path of world domination I mean policing for more or less the last 100 years and where has it gotten us? Our involvement with Israel and interference with the way other countries operate brings us an awful lot of grief. I have no doubt that when they feel threatened enough Israel will indeed pull the trigger and the entire planet will likely erupt in to total chaos and the US will be front and center.

WARMACHINE
12-10-2011, 12:34 PM
It has GPS all over it, they will take us straight to their most secret lab!

Black92LX
12-10-2011, 11:30 PM
World Domination, really?

cstreu1026
12-11-2011, 09:13 AM
What else would call hundreds of military installations In foreign countries around the world?

Black92LX
12-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Being prepared.
Far from world domination

cstreu1026
12-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Prepared for a never ending streams of wars and military conflicts in countries we have no business being involved in?

SJSlots
12-12-2011, 10:19 AM
"A few hundred satellites are currently operational, whereas thousands of unused satellites and satellite fragments orbit the Earth as space debris"

And no one thinks that satellites from Iran, Russia, China and others aren't looking down on us from high above? You're a fool if you think otherwise!

duststang
12-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Congress freezes $700 million in Pakistan aid.