PDA

View Full Version : My fellow gym rats...

Markcore
12-13-2011, 04:51 PM
A little motivation for your Tuesday workout!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKOv4B93JNk

I'm back full swing in the gym these days. Love watching this chit before I walk out the door!

zippy94
12-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Good video, Been back at it 5 days a week myself.

Jake
12-13-2011, 08:03 PM
this was demotivational to me. lol. I've been in the gym 3-4 days a week, and thought I was doing pretty good. I didn't even know shit like this existed....:flipoff:

I see you're in fairborn Markcore, what gym are you going to?

Markcore
12-13-2011, 08:17 PM
this was demotivational to me. lol. I've been in the gym 3-4 days a week, and thought I was doing pretty good. I didn't even know shit like this existed....:flipoff:

I see you're in fairborn Markcore, what gym are you going to?

I used to workout on base, but we just joined the Huber YMCA. Joined there so we can go as a family. What about you?

mustang_gt88
12-13-2011, 08:23 PM
back in the gym, benched 255 for the first time, im 180lbs

Jake
12-13-2011, 08:53 PM
I used to workout on base, but we just joined the Huber YMCA. Joined there so we can go as a family. What about you?

I alternate between the gym on base and premier fitness, which just opened up by five points not too long ago.

90fastgt
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
I just started back an the soreness still hasn't gone away but its a good sore lol

Markcore
12-14-2011, 09:07 AM
I alternate between the gym on base and premier fitness, which just opened up by five points not too long ago.

Yeah I used to workout there years ago when it was Total Body? What gym on base? I usually go to the main gym on area B at 3pm. Huber Y is ok, but crowded. I HATE crowded gyms! We go there so my kids can play and my wife can do her thing.

beefcake
12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
been trying to hit it at home a little bit again.

4-6 days a week, one body part a day

zippy94
12-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey Beef, Your where a pretty big dude back a couple years ago. How many calories, protein and supplements did you take in to stay big?

beefcake
12-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey Beef, Your where a pretty big dude back a couple years ago. How many calories, protein and supplements did you take in to stay big?

Always took at least 300 grams of protein a day. 5-10 gms of glutamine. When andro was big, i always stacked that.

Vitamins, flax oil, amino's, liver tabs, etc..

I'm still a distributor for beverly, so I pick stuff up there, and can still give decent deals as well

Markcore
12-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Always took at least 300 grams of protein a day. 5-10 gms of glutamine. When andro was big, i always stacked that.

Vitamins, flax oil, amino's, liver tabs, etc..

I'm still a distributor for beverly, so I pick stuff up there, and can still give decent deals as well

Can you get deals on Monster Milk? Looking for a good multi vitamin and a B complex too. :bigthumb

beefcake
12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Can you get deals on Monster Milk? Looking for a good multi vitamin and a B complex too. :bigthumb

bout the only line i still mess with is beverly

mad max
12-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Theres some big dudes in that video.

Jake
12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Yeah I used to workout there years ago when it was Total Body? What gym on base? I usually go to the main gym on area B at 3pm. Huber Y is ok, but crowded. I HATE crowded gyms! We go there so my kids can play and my wife can do her thing.

I understand. the Y is definitely the place to join if you have a family! I go to the "hanger" not sure which area it is, but the entrance is by WSU. it's the only one I know of on base. and the name was "better bodies" :bigthumb

beef- what kind of deal can you get on a 5 lb whey protein from beverly?

mustang_gt88 thats a pretty good power to weight ratio :bigthumb

mustang_gt88
12-14-2011, 11:15 PM
I understand. the Y is definitely the place to join if you have a family! I go to the "hanger" not sure which area it is, but the entrance is by WSU. it's the only one I know of on base. and the name was "better bodies" :bigthumb

beef- what kind of deal can you get on a 5 lb whey protein from beverly?

mustang_gt88 thats a pretty good power to weight ratio :bigthumb

thanks jake

Markcore
12-15-2011, 08:55 AM

Ahh yes! Wasn't bad back then, how is it now?

Black92LX
12-16-2011, 11:56 AM
To each their own. That gives me motivation in no form or fashion.
I like to be in shape and strong but have no desire to focus on one aspect ie strength/size.

I want to be able to lift weights when needed, then go out, hop on a road bike, run, swim, whatever I hate being couped up in the gym.

On top of that I have no desire to fill my body with a bunch of supplements or other enhancement products. Not everyone uses the latter but many do. Just not worth the risk in my book.
Only things I take are:
One a Day MultiVitamin
Vitamin B Complex
Vitamin D
Fish Oil
Tart Cherry

It's a great daily regiment for a rounded day full of energy and they Tart Cherry's natural melatonin helps aid a comfortable sleep with no drowsiness over tiring.

If that's your good luck to you my friend as it's no easy task and I commend folks for their diligence in getting to that level.
That form of fitness is just by no means an aspiration of mine.

Markcore
12-16-2011, 01:31 PM
To each their own. That gives me motivation in no form or fashion.
I like to be in shape and strong but have no desire to focus on one aspect ie strength/size.

I want to be able to lift weights when needed, then go out, hop on a road bike, run, swim, whatever I hate being couped up in the gym.

On top of that I have no desire to fill my body with a bunch of supplements or other enhancement products. Not everyone uses the latter but many do. Just not worth the risk in my book.
Only things I take are:
One a Day MultiVitamin
Vitamin B Complex
Vitamin D
Fish Oil
Tart Cherry

It's a great daily regiment for a rounded day full of energy and they Tart Cherry's natural melatonin helps aid a comfortable sleep with no drowsiness over tiring.

If that's your good luck to you my friend as it's no easy task and I commend folks for their diligence in getting to that level.
That form of fitness is just by no means an aspiration of mine.

With all due respect, then why post in here? Be like me posting in a "how awesome NO2 is" thread about how I don't like nitrous. :o

Arnold said it best in Pumping Iron, "Train to be the best. You don't approach a tennis player and say teach me to play tennis but not be good." :lol:

I don't have a 10th of the self discipline these dudes have, but it sure is rewarding to try! :bigthumb

beefcake
12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
With all due respect, then why post in here? Be like me posting in a "how awesome NO2 is" thread about how I don't like nitrous. :o

Arnold said it best in Pumping Iron, "Train to be the best. You don't approach a tennis player and say teach me to play tennis but not be good." :lol:

I don't have a 10th of the self discipline these dudes have, but it sure is rewarding to try! :bigthumb

"yeah, but if the wolf wants the food, it's there"

love that shit!

NXcoupe
12-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I have been working out three times a week now. Trying to slowly get back into it. Overseas it was an every day deal, an hour to two hours a day. I want to get back to that level of fitness again.

Markcore
12-16-2011, 01:53 PM
"Franco is a child." HA

...and poor Mike Katz. Dude always looks so sad and gets picked on.

zippy94
12-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Sounds like Black92lx likes to do step aerobics and zumba with the ladies. LOL

Black92LX
12-16-2011, 08:04 PM

Because it's a discussion forum. Kind of like when someone mentions nitrous another may prefer a turbo for their powder adder and they discuss from there.
You may have missed the part where I commented that sort of workout is not for me but wished you luck in your aspirations and commented how I do realize the time and effort it takes to get to that level. It's just not for me.

Actually zippy I prefer water aerobics as it's much easier on the joints, though I have been known to hit the weight racks on occasion ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/Random/Jeremy-1.jpg

Markcore
12-16-2011, 09:41 PM
^ HAHA!! Nice photo, but the rubber weights don't count dude!

Trade those out with some true steel 45's and I'd be impressed.

Black92LX
12-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Steel vs bumper plates who cares, they way the same. 2-45s, 2-25s, and 2-15s.
Being that I don't do much powerlifting and only weigh 225 lbs. a 385 lb back squat isn't too shabby.

And if I remember correctly that day the warm up was a 500 meter row, pull ups, 400 meter mobility lap, and an 800 meter run.

Like I said our styles are different. I prefer a more rounded and complete workout instead of focusing purely on strength or size.

Jake
12-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Ahh yes! Wasn't bad back then, how is it now?

the equipment is alright (I think a lot of it is from when it was still "Better Bodies", :lol: ). but the price was right, free nutritionist and personal trainers if you want them, and they will be a 24 hour gym starting in January, which is what sold me on it.

I'm closer to black92lx on workout styles (I run there and back, and I'm not looking to get much bigger, just build some strength), so I'm not sure what you'd think of it. you definitely can't beat the location if you're in fairborn though!

bkstang95
12-22-2011, 03:27 PM
What kind of supplements are some of you guys taking to achieve your goals? legal or not? haha

Black92LX
12-22-2011, 03:43 PM
What kind of supplements are some of you guys taking to achieve your goals? legal or not? haha

I like to keep it simple.

With breakfast:
Multi-vitamin geared towards the male athlete
Vitamin D3 1000 I/U (though may give 5000 a try when this bottle is out)
Vitamin B 100 Complex
Fish Oil

Before bed
Tart Cherry 10:1 Extract

A 30 gram protein shake after a workout.

Walter
12-22-2011, 04:34 PM

All is Optimum Nutrition:
Opti-men
Fish oil
Hydro-whey through the day
Hydro-builder post workout

Daily nutrition goals:
2500-2700 cal
150-160g protien
180-200g carbs
~40g fat

bkstang95
12-22-2011, 05:29 PM
All is Optimum Nutrition:
Opti-men
Fish oil
Hydro-whey through the day
Hydro-builder post workout

Daily nutrition goals:
2500-2700 cal
150-160g protien
180-200g carbs
~40g fat

I pretty much use all of their products as well. I do use a pre-workout (purple drank :lol:).

After looking at your macro's though, it looks like your calories may be coming up a little short (I was using the high end of your goals and only came up with ~1800 cals...just a thought).

Walter
12-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Coming up short?

bkstang95
12-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Coming up short?

Of your goal of 2500-2700.

91boost
12-23-2011, 02:31 PM

Animal pak vitamins
fish oil
muscle pharm assault pre workout
muscle tech intravol as a during workout
dymatize whey protein after and dring through the day
Then you could always get some illegal steroids to really grow:lol: