Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
This makes me very sad [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This makes me very sad

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Bought a new Ford Racing Water pump from LRS for the car and the box was plain white with a FRPP sticker on it. Opened it up to find this, I threw up a little.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/IMG00106-20111207-2022.jpg

mrstang-gt-46
12-15-2011, 10:23 AM
this is why we cant get jobs !!!!!! freekn bullshit!!!!!!

mustang_gt88
12-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Thats crap

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Thats crap

Even the new Ford throw out bearing and pilot bearing I got came in the same style white box, I am afriad to use any of it right now.

331lx
12-15-2011, 10:49 AM
That's some bull

mustang_gt88
12-15-2011, 10:50 AM
I would not want that china stuff on my car either.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I would not want that china stuff on my car either.

Me either, looking for a good non electric water pump for the car and not an Edelbrock

duststang
12-16-2011, 07:18 AM
tell them you dont want the crap because it is made in china! If I need to purchase something I try to buy American first (searching internet)and I know some things you just cant but it is the only way jobs will come back. I cannot stand when people are complaining about losing their job and stuff but they drive foreign cars and always buy cheap china junk. I hate china made junk! sorry to go off on a tangent but I hate this crap all of it is junk quality! I just read where china is 21% taxing American cars imported. we need to cut them off the nip anyways.

5.0calypso93lx
12-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Me either, looking for a good non electric water pump for the car and not an Edelbrock

I have an almost brand new FRPP pump that I bought years ago, $20. Have an ad on here.

jktruckin06
12-16-2011, 09:29 AM
I hate to tell you this dustang but we are so in debt, china would be taking us off the nip. I wish there were more reasonable opportunities to buy made in the USA but for example I went to Duluth trading companies site to check out some jeans. 40 a pair for made wherever and nearly 80 to buy made in Kentucky. I just don't have that kind of scratch.

I'm actually kind of curious now... Where were all the mustangs everyone on this site drives made? All the parts may be made here or there, but where is final assembly?

Byrd Man
12-16-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm actually kind of curious now... Where were all the mustangs everyone on this site drives made? All the parts may be made here or there, but where is final assembly?

A friend that I've raced with and is a Ford tech told me the trans in the new stangs are made in China. He also told me, the transmissions are rated for 5hp less than the engine's produce. I don't see how that can be approve by Mngr's of Ford, but stranger things have happened.

NXcoupe
12-16-2011, 12:45 PM
I look at a more local aspect. The product you ordered from Texas showed up on your doorstep. There are probably 20 local shops in Ohio that could have gotten you that part, and helped keep your money local. I know, I know, you beat sales tax. Well, if everyone buys out of state, then what's that leave in state? My point is, if you are going to complain about stuff being made in China, maybe start concentrating on keeping your money in your state as well.
jmho. I deal with folks that mail order all their shit, then call me when it doesn't work right or they can't figure out how to make it work. Even tho it make me absolutely no money to pay my bills, I actually take time to help them out. Is it fair? Heck no.
Sorry, I'm off my soap box now.....

mad max
12-16-2011, 12:47 PM
^ i was worried there for a minute , i know we have had this discussion many times.

jktruckin06
12-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Nx you are right. They were talking about that on the radio. The loss of sales tax due to internet shopping. If I can save myself a good bit of money by going online or used I will, but lately for ten bucks more it seems the piece of mind picking up the part and having a place to take it back to if defective is worth it.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
I look at a more local aspect. The product you ordered from Texas showed up on your doorstep. There are probably 20 local shops in Ohio that could have gotten you that part, and helped keep your money local. I know, I know, you beat sales tax. Well, if everyone buys out of state, then what's that leave in state? My point is, if you are going to complain about stuff being made in China, maybe start concentrating on keeping your money in your state as well.
jmho. I deal with folks that mail order all their shit, then call me when it doesn't work right or they can't figure out how to make it work. Even tho it make me absolutely no money to pay my bills, I actually take time to help them out. Is it fair? Heck no.
Sorry, I'm off my soap box now.....

I own a food company and we make more money out of state than in state. We have saturated this market and have to broaden out to make money or grow the company. We try and source locally but anymore its more of a national mindset than local.

NXcoupe
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
I own a food company and we make more money out of state than in state. We have saturated this market and have to broaden out to make money or grow the company. We try and source locally but anymore its more of a national mindset than local.

Please don't think I was targeting you, I was not. This is just a subject that a lot of business owners have discussed at length. I, unfortunately, am not in a business where I can go out of state to sell my wares. I do work in my shop, and have tried the mail order website business and it's just not worth it in the hassles you have to deal with.
I am afraid that future generations will never know the pleasure of walking into a speedshop and leaning on the counter to discuss plans, benchrace, and take parts home with them. I hate seeing my profession dwindle and waste away due to all the huge, impersonal corporations taking away all the local business.
But I refuse to give up, so no matter what it takes I'll still be here.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Please don't think I was targeting you, I was not. This is just a subject that a lot of business owners have discussed at length. I, unfortunately, am not in a business where I can go out of state to sell my wares. I do work in my shop, and have tried the mail order website business and it's just not worth it in the hassles you have to deal with.
I am afraid that future generations will never know the pleasure of walking into a speedshop and leaning on the counter to discuss plans, benchrace, and take parts home with them. I hate seeing my profession dwindle and waste away due to all the huge, impersonal corporations taking away all the local business.
But I refuse to give up, so no matter what it takes I'll still be here.

Oh I know you were not targeting me, this is a third generation family owned company and we are all about local buying and selling. I understand its two different worlds owning a speed shop and making breaded cheese sticks but as a larger scale business we have to think nationally to just survive. We refuse to do anything overseas but the option is out there and it makes our costs SO much less than buying American.

duststang
12-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I agree that we are soooooooooo in debt to them which is BS. The fair tade is also BS and they are starting to tax the little goods we sell to China. Anyways I know sometimes American made is more expensive which stinks but people deserve to make a decent wage (china cheap labor). People want to complain about jobs leaving and not being able to afford this and that. Well if the country has no income and there is nothing made here then their will not be jobs and will be bankrupt soon. Unless American are willing to work for equal or less than Chinese, etc. I work for a global company with global suppliers and I see American companies closing all the time because they cannot compete with China. so I say if you cannot support your country move to a different one unless there is absolute no other option. just my thoughts and I will spend more to support American's. my friends, family and neighbors. :D