PDA

View Full Version : Any 6.0 Powerstroke owners? If so read this

89notch
01-16-2012, 09:27 PM
This question came up on another forum I'm on so I figured I would share with the power stroke 6.0 people on here.

Buddy of mine heard about this stuff and they rec. it for the 6.0 PSD's... he doesn't believe in anything but tried it... said within 15 min the cold start issues and everything else were almost eliminated.... Looked on their site and have stuff in the marine field as well.... Called "Rev X". THought bout trying it?

http://revxoil.com/applications.asp?A=Marine&B=Gas

I thought it was snake oil until I tried it.

I have a 6.0 power stroke that had an injector problem and recently had a turbo stick and melt down a piston. The dealer replaced my motor under warranty but reused my injectors. I got my truck back and at idle I had a little white smoke issue that I couldn't get to go away. I had ford replace the bad injector on the cylinder that melted down when they did the motor swap. I hooked my autoenginuity to my truck and it passed the injector tests. The injector was just barely sticking and causing the smoke conditions. Every forum and the ford tech said this is a common problem and it gets time consuming and expensive to swap injectors around to find the bad one. I was also having some cold start issues in the morning and read that this "snake oil" was supposed to correct both problems. After wasting time trying to trouble shoot it I decided to give it a shot. I ordered it and decided to give it a try.

Rev-X shows up in the mail and I walk out to my truck and start it up. Truck is barely smoking just like it always does at idle. I dump in the Rev-X and before I walked around the side of the truck to look the smoking had already stopped. To this day it has never returned. I would have never believed this if it had not happened to me. So the next morning I go out to start my truck and it starts almost instantly.

A few months later my step-fathers truck starts smoking at idle and has cold start issues. I tell him about Rev-X and he doesn't think it will fix it and doesn't want to waste the money. I had some rev-x at my house so I take some over to him. I made him watch his exhaust as I added the rev x. Within 10 seconds the smoking is gone and he is a believer in the snake oil. Fast forward 6 months later and my brother in law shows up asking me about rev x for his 05 6.0 power stroke. I tell him the story and he orders it and like previous it fixed his cold start issue although he didn't have the injector smoke problems. All 3 of us add rev x every couple of oil changes just to keep the injectors cleaned out.

I don't know what is in this stuff but for a 6.0 power stroke it works like a champ. I tell everyone I know about the stuff and it cures the problem for everyone. I have yet to have a powerstroke person have no or bad results.

Sorry for the long response but this stuff works exactly like they say it does. Ford could probably save a fortune using this stuff in their warranty claims.

Rick93coupe
01-16-2012, 10:09 PM
So this a fuel additive or an oil additive? The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to make the connection between the oil and the injectors. Although I know nearly nothing about diesels.

89notch
01-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Its an oil addictive. 6.0 powerstroke injectors are fired from the high pressure oil side of the motor.

The Powerstroke 6.0L injector is a HEUI Injector originally made by Siemens. HEUI stands for hydraulic electronic unit injection. A high pressure oil pump located at the back of the engine's valley area produces as much as 3,770 PSI. This pressure is used by the injector to generate the actual force which injects the fuel. Because the injector multiplies oil pressure by a ratio of 7:1, injection pressure can be over 26,000 pounds per square inch. Two 48-Volt 20-Amp solenoids control the position of a spool valve in the injector which routes high pressure oil into and out of the injector and ultimately controls when injection occurs. These injectors have a very fast response time and will actually perform several separate injection events for each power stroke for improved power and reduced engine noise. The injectors receive high pressure oil from a heavy duty rail located above the injectors, and receive fuel through cast passages in the cylinder heads.

Rick93coupe
01-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Wow, thanks for the explanation. Very cool stuff.

Jake
01-16-2012, 11:52 PM
The injectors receive high pressure oil from a heavy duty rail located above the injectors, and receive fuel through cast passages in the cylinder heads.

is this a typo? I know next to nothing about diesel, but this seems backwards to me.
thanks.
-Jake.

89notch
01-16-2012, 11:58 PM
is this a typo? I know next to nothing about diesel, but this seems backwards to me.
thanks.
-Jake.

No thats correct.

331lx
01-17-2012, 12:06 AM
A (hpop) high pressure oil pump builds the oil pressure for the injectors

Jake
01-17-2012, 10:10 PM
ok, thanks. I've got some reading to do!