PDA

View Full Version : Eastwood Engine Bay Paint?

CNTLOSE
01-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Well selling my '88 project car has not worked out. So I have decided to just keep working on her. Since I am going to be doing a stock factory restoration on my SSP I have decided to scrap the whole idea of stock appearing car with this one. I have decided I am going to paint it colors other than white, so I am just going to paint the engine bay black.

Eastwood makes a matte and semi gloss black engine bay paint in a rattle can. I am curious if anyone has used Eastwood products before or could recommend another black engine bay paint. Eastwood says that both formulas resist chipping, scratches and light impacts. I figured if I was just to use some Rustoleum it would scratch easily.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-underhood-black-paint.html

TONYT
01-25-2012, 09:16 AM
i'm wanting to paint my short block,and i want the ford blue,so i'm needing to know,who makes the best and long lasting color,and if you know the paint code or #

CNTLOSE
01-25-2012, 09:46 AM
i'm wanting to paint my short block,and i want the ford blue,so i'm needing to know,who makes the best and long lasting color,and if you know the paint code or #

I have painted several engine blocks with the Dupli-Color engine paint. Has held up well and last several years each time. Not sure the paint code number, but you should be able to find it on the D-C website I would think.

Jrcmutang
01-25-2012, 10:17 AM
matt I have used that POR-15 and it works great, its not xheap though. has a nice shinny serface and it sohws no streaks with a paint brush. lol just buy throw away paint brushes. also dont get it on your skin bc takes forever to get off.

CNTLOSE
01-25-2012, 12:19 PM
matt I have used that POR-15 and it works great, its not xheap though. has a nice shinny serface and it sohws no streaks with a paint brush. lol just buy throw away paint brushes. also dont get it on your skin bc takes forever to get off.

Thanks for the info, I will look into that. I have also had a couple other people mention it on the corral.