PDA

View Full Version : Evil8s interview with Kilkares new owner

evil8
01-28-2012, 01:53 AM
The following interview comes from an interview held with Dave, the new owner of Kilkare Speedway and Dragway. It seems as though there were more than enough rumors and speculation flying around out there, that it would be beneficial to Kilkare to clear the air. Lets get started on a killer 2012.

Evil8: Hey Dave, lets get the biggest rumors out in the open right away. Is the track going to be torn up and concrete laid out to the 1000 foot mark?

Dave:That is the goal, however, that goal will not be met, at the earliest, until the conclusion of the 2012 racing season. Assuming all goes well, 2013 will start out with an entirely new racing surface to the 1000 foot mark.

Evil8:Will the armco barriers be replaced with concrete walls.

Dave:The walls will be completed along with the concrete surface in late 2012 to early 2013. We have already made contact with the NHRA approved wall contractor which happens to be located in Ohio.

Evil8: Will there be a bridge built over the Little Miami River to increase the shutdown area?

Dave:That is a vision I have had for some time. It will be a momentous task, with a large capital investment. With the other improvements to the facility, we will have to see how far they carry us, and if its financially feasible, considering the large engineering task, to complete "The Bridge".

Evil8:Any changes to the hours of operation?

Dave:All hours will remain the same with the exception of Thursdays popular Test and Tune. The new hours will be from 6pm until 10pm. With the work schedules most have to work, the new TnT hours will get more track time for the working man.

Evil8:What is Kilkare doing with track prep for 2012?

Dave: The track chemicals will be VHT. Every time the track opens for business, a strict procedure will be followed to insure the same track surface , whether it be for the bracket program, the Xtreme Outlaw Series, or the Test and Tune racers. We want Kilkare to have the best surface possible and will strive to maintain a high level for our racers.

Evil8:Lets talk timing systems? Any changes?

Dave:Kilkare will have an entirely new system for the start of the 2012 season. The three current systems we are considering are:Compulink, Accu-time, and TSI. The decision on which system we go with will be made within the next two weeks. Additionally, the entire wiring system will be upgraded once the track is torn up for the new surface and walls. We are also considering installing new L.E.D. boards for improved clarity.

Evil8:What else do you want to see for the track?

Dave:Photo finish.

Evil8: What?

Dave: Photo finish can be setup to help supplement the new timing system. Cameras can be set up for the 660, 1000, and 1320.

Evil8: That would definately help settle any disputes regarding winning or losing a race. Will that happen before the 2012 season starts?

Dave:That is most likely going to be a 2013 season modification.

Evil8:Shaved, landing strip, or 70's bush?

Dave:Landing strip, lol.

Evil8: Can we have a big wheel race?

Dave:Sure. Golf carts and pit bikes also.

Evil8:Save everyone some money.

Dave: We are going to do that.
For the 2012 Season:
Test and Tune Spectators........$ 5.00 previously $ 7.00
Saturday Bracket and XOS.......$ 10.00 previously $ 12.00
Bonus Savings, bring your stub from Thursday Test and Tune and we
will give you another $ 2.00 off of your Saturday spectator admission.

Evil8:Can I get in for free?

Dave: ...........

Evil8: In all seriousness, why the price drops on admissions?

Dave: We want to make Kilkare the family attraction it has been in the past. Lowering admissions is the right thing to do.

Evil8:Any chance in fixing the entry gate issues on Thursday Test and Tunes?

Dave: Absolutely, we are working on having the spectators come in the entrance near Kilkare Auto Wrecking and the racers come in the main gate. That should help alleviate the issue of backing up Dayton-Xenia road.

Evil8:Well Dave, I think that should just about clear up most of the Dragway questions, let me toss you a Speedway question. It was previously stated that Kilkare had ended its long standing relationship with NASCAR. Is that the still the case?

Dave: That was initially the case, however, in a meeting held with NASCAR representatives earlier this week, we have re-upped our relationship with NASCAR. We will be taking full advantage of all of the programs offered by NASCAR and will be working on improving the speedway program as well.

Evil8: Is Terryoke gonna be the flagman?

Dave: Yes.

Evil8: Are you gonna have him sing the National Anthem as well?

Dave: If I can get enough beers in him, yes.

Evil8: Allright brother, that should about cover it for me. I am sure I will have more for you in the near future, now lets burn some rubber.

Dave:No Problem.

draggin50
01-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Sounds like he has good plans laid out for the future!

Mista Bone
01-28-2012, 03:58 AM
Seems a few trips in support is needed!!!

I got to hit up Cbus Speedway this summer, quite rednecky, but good roundy round racing.

flyin2jz
01-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Nice evil. U shoulda asked if I was going to be kicked out every week. Lol

Gene
01-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Very cool. It's great to see a local track having owners who seem to have the desire and means to improve the experience.

evil8
01-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Nice evil. U shoulda asked if I was going to be kicked out every week. Lol

I don't think they are going to let you in the gate.

2007ShelbyCobra
01-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Sounds awesome, I'll have to make sure the Taurus stays running long enough to make at least one pass

lost cause
01-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Glad to hear the good news, I was starting to think that Kil kare was slowly going the way of the 1/8 mile track for all.... I was going to be really disappointed, considering I live 20 minutes away from there, and about an hour from the next closest track.

MFIELD
01-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Sounds like some much needed improvements are on the way. I hope all works out for them.