Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Chevy Super Bowl commercial disses Ford... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Super Bowl commercial disses Ford...

NaomiDstangLvr
02-03-2012, 10:35 PM
For Chevy Silverado. Will be played during Super Bowl...

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/chevy-apocalyptic-super-bowl-ad-silverado-disses-ford-145134091.html

Xowner
02-03-2012, 11:55 PM
For Chevy Silverado. Will be played during Super Bowl...

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/chevy-apocalyptic-super-bowl-ad-silverado-disses-ford-145134091.html

Think they could have used that bail out money better then spending 7million of it on commercials

Gearhead
02-04-2012, 10:13 AM
GM spent $7 million for that commercial and air time ??!! :eek::eek::eek: I want some of my money back that Obama gave them....

ridiculous

mustang_gt88
02-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I love my ford trucks, damn chevy

2Fast4You
02-04-2012, 10:23 AM
What a joke...

cstreu1026
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
...and what is the best selling truck (and vehicle)? :D

WCKDGT
02-04-2012, 11:17 AM
that was stupid

and yea what is the best selling truck?

03cobra
02-04-2012, 12:49 PM
That was really a bad commercial.

96GTAnthony
02-04-2012, 09:53 PM
see no women cause dave (or whatever the guys name is it that didnt make)drove the ford and got them all LOL

Bman
02-05-2012, 12:58 AM
I liked it! But I'm sure if Ford had thought it up all of you would have loved it too. Let the bail out stuff go GM paid it back early with interest. Get over it! I have owned Ford's Chevy's and Dodge's they are all garbage and wont last as long as one built 40 year's ago. Show me a 2012 Ford Chevy or Dodge truck in 40 years and it will be a rusted out piece of shit! Let the pissing match began.

Rich
02-05-2012, 08:19 AM
I liked it! But I'm sure if Ford had thought it up all of you would have loved it too. Let the bail out stuff go GM paid it back early with interest. Get over it! I have owned Ford's Chevy's and Dodge's they are all garbage and wont last as long as one built 40 year's ago. Show me a 2012 Ford Chevy or Dodge truck in 40 years and it will be a rusted out piece of shit! Let the pissing match began.

Not really....

http://newworldorderreport.com/News/tabid/266/ID/3383/GMs-Phony-Bailout-Payback.aspx

http://townhall.com/video/how-did-gm-pay-back-its-bailout-in-full-and-ahead-of-schedule-well-it-didnt

04 Venom
02-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Not really....

http://newworldorderreport.com/News/tabid/266/ID/3383/GMs-Phony-Bailout-Payback.aspx

http://townhall.com/video/how-did-gm-pay-back-its-bailout-in-full-and-ahead-of-schedule-well-it-didnt

I wouldn't worry. GM is profitable and has over $31 billion in cash. If the Treasury waits to sell its stock, the taxpayers will make a profit.

mustang8998
02-05-2012, 10:34 AM
And I'll disagree with this statement....

I believe cars and trucks are built far better today, than even thirty years ago. I don't see a lot of 1972 cars, or trucks running around. Engine technology and corrosion protection is far more advanced.

inferno50
02-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Corrosion protection sucks on new cars. I have done plenty of rust repair on cars only 5 to 10 years old. All of the plastic clips and otther plastic parts will be so dry rotted and deteriorated in 40 years. I agree with b man. You let an old car sit forever and it still starts right up. You let a new car sit for a year and holy shit good luck starting it. Almost every honda or toyota that sits for more than 2 weeks at the shop has a hell of a time starting and when it does it shoots out a huge cloud of smoke. And I'm talking 2010 and 2011 cars.

COOP
02-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Not really....

Wow. I had never looked into that before. That is incredibly sad.

fastone
02-05-2012, 11:24 AM
This is seven months old, so think again, GM still owes money and tax payers are out over a billion dollars thanks to GM and Obama.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jun/2/watchdog-questions-gm-bailout-repayment/?page=all

NaomiDstangLvr
02-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Everything is made out of plastic now a days, so I agree, cars and trucks were made better back in the day...

mustang8998
02-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Okay, so where are all these 40 year old cars then? I see some every now and then, but they are not drivers. They also rusted out bad, after just a few years.

I also was talking about the drive train. I still think they are better made now.

inferno50
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
You come work on new cars every day taking out clips and front ends and you will agree. Nothing like a new car getting in a wreck and breaking the plastic intake manifold. Just saying I think old cars were built better. Toyota has rust problems and very low quality trim like door handles and interior pieces. Honda has serious rust probs. Gm can't make a motor the intake doesn't leak in. Dodge has trans problems . Ford had all the windstars recalled for the frame and rear axle rotting out. Im not picking sides with any new car company I'm just saying they all suck. I have a 2008 hhr a 2005 escape and a 1995 wrangler. 3 different brands. I bet they will all be in a junk yard by 2025.

L

Bman
02-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Okay, so where are all these 40 year old cars then? I see some every now and then, but they are not drivers. They also rusted out bad, after just a few years.

I also was talking about the drive train. I still think they are better made now.

They are out there. Hell its hard to find a fox that's not rusted out. A guy at work has a 08 F-150 with rust on the inside bottom or the door. Ford said it's not covered till it rust's through. My 06 chevy truck is the same way.

Bman
02-05-2012, 11:02 PM
As far as drive train goes the old dodge slant 6 has um all beat.

Project91LX
02-05-2012, 11:32 PM
i got a good chuckle out of this

duststang
02-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Weak & Comical,

04 Venom
02-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Hard to fathom people actually believe cars from 40 years ago are better than those built today. :lol:

Project91LX
02-06-2012, 10:10 AM
They were built better then ones from today

04 Venom
02-06-2012, 11:06 AM
They were built better then ones from today

Really. Engines from the 50s and 60s were designed to go 100,000 miles before a major overhaul. Engines today are far more durable. Rusted wheel arches, rocker panels amd trunk floors were much more prevalent. I am old enough to remember and my uncle worked in a body shop.

NC89GT
02-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Just my .02 but if car companies built cars that lasted 25 years with no issues (not rusting, engines going bad, interior wearing out etc) then all of them would be out of business. As far as the rust issues 40 years ago did the city and county spread salt and spray deicer all over the road non stop? (both contributing factor to rust!) If you go south where they dont use chemicals on the road or even north where they again dont use salt the amount of rust on cars drops severly.

How many of you have bought a tv 10 years ago and still use that tv? Cell phone are you all still using a cell phone from 5 years ago? (they are made to self destruct after 2 years so you have to renew your contract!).. If companies made products to last forever then companies would not be in business.

furiouslyfaster
02-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Just my .02 but if car companies built cars that lasted 25 years with no issues (not rusting, engines going bad, interior wearing out etc) then all of them would be out of business. As far as the rust issues 40 years ago did the city and county spread salt and spray deicer all over the road non stop? (both contributing factor to rust!) If you go south where they dont use chemicals on the road or even north where they again dont use salt the amount of rust on cars drops severly.

How many of you have bought a tv 10 years ago and still use that tv? Cell phone are you all still using a cell phone from 5 years ago? (they are made to self destruct after 2 years so you have to renew your contract!).. If companies made products to last forever then companies would not be in business.

Agreed Very Well said. :bigthumb they have to do something to keep you coming back.

redfirepearlgt
02-07-2012, 11:20 AM
And I'll disagree with this statement....

I believe cars and trucks are built far better today, than even thirty years ago. I don't see a lot of 1972 cars, or trucks running around. Engine technology and corrosion protection is far more advanced.

Vehicles are better built today than they were in the 70's mostly because of the Japanese and their adoption of the Dr. Wiliam Deming concepts. No one old enough to remember ever thought the Japanese would make anything but cheap cupie dolls and smelly souvenir pencil holders with FLORIDA printed on the case. Yes youngins' there was a time that Japan made crap, total crap. However a man by the last name of Deming after being laughed out of Europe and the USA for his quality improvement processes, took his ideas to Japan and turned their industry around by the early 80's. This newfound quality people were being attracted to was the shot in the arm that woke up the Big Three and forced them to begin producing a better product that we now have. Ford Quality Job 1 was never mentioned or heard of until the latter 80's or there abouts. In fact Ford was a classic example of this evolutionary process. Ford was using a transmission in a model of car that was both built in Japan and here in the US. Once word got out about this and how much better the japanese built trannys were holding up, people were willing to wait for the models with transmissions built in Japan. Ford took the two identical trannys apart and discovered that while the US trannys all met specification tolerances, the japanese engine were virtually indentical in their builds from tranny to tranny barely deviating from the demension regardless of a tolerance spec. In short, if you can do better, good isn't enough.

I know that this is a hard pill to swallow. I am a proud american and only wish to own US product. I hate to admit it, but in my opinion had it not been for the "japanese invasion" of quality cars in the 80's we would likely still be driving crap cars that would compare not much better to that of those undesirable, low HP,smog control infested, big-boat, crappy MPG, abortions from the mid seventies. This is why competition built on a free market is so vital to private industry and needs no government intervention IMO.

bestracing
02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Really. Engines from the 50s and 60s were designed to go 100,000 miles before a major overhaul. Engines today are far more durable. Rusted wheel arches, rocker panels amd trunk floors were much more prevalent. I am old enough to remember and my uncle worked in a body shop.

I've owned cars and seen my parents cars from 1960's to now and the newer cars do not rust or have internal engine problems as quickly as the older cars did.

Hell my dads 94 GMC truck went 250,000 miles before the oil pump by-pass spring broke loosing pressure in 2005. Never seen a 60's or 70's motor last that long with out smoking or have something go wrong within the long block. Those 250K miles were hard ones to, pulling a trailer and 3K pound car to the track every weekend from 94 through 2001.

5.0calypso93lx
02-08-2012, 08:28 AM
...and what is the best selling truck (and vehicle)? :D

If I'm not mistaken, the only reason Ford is the number 1 selling truck is because Chevy and GMC are seperated out as far as numbers go.

SMOKE
02-08-2012, 09:01 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the only reason Ford is the number 1 selling truck is because Chevy and GMC are seperated out as far as numbers go.

That is something GM guys came up with to make themselves feel better!

Here are the numbers from last month... There are SOME months where the combined total sales of Chevy and GMC beat Ford by a NARROW margin but overall Ford wins over both brands together each year.

Rank Best-Selling SUV January 2012 % Change

#1 Ford F-Series 38,493 + 7.5%
#2 Chevrolet Silverado 26,850 - 4.7%
#3 Dodge Ram 17,909 + 46.8%
#4 GMC Sierra 9517 - 10.4%
#5 Toyota Tacoma 8898 + 24.6%

Those #s are the total UNITS for each manufacturer for just the month of January. Ford beat Chevy AND GMC by 2126 units.

And yes, I am partial to Ford trucks!

My Truck
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21850&d=1316442199

5.0calypso93lx
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm talking about all time, not just last month lol.

06V6Andrew
02-08-2012, 07:56 PM
who cares? i laughed at the commercial and thought wow i can't believe the said ford. let them say what they say buy what you like. i think ford as sold more trucks then chevy but then someone will find some website that says different and another guy will pull up another website that contradicts that one.

i will give it to chevy, best commercial of the night IMO.

Rich
02-08-2012, 08:07 PM
That's a nice looking truck!

My Truck
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21850&d=1316442199

SMOKE
02-11-2012, 07:02 PM
That's a nice looking truck!

Thanks man :bigthumb