PDA

View Full Version : Remebering The Legend...Vinny Changet

Hangingcogs
02-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Five years ago we all lost a friend who changed the mustang scene in the 'Nati. I remember hearing the news and thought it was a joke. We were suppose to be meeting him that evening at Hooter's on Beechmont for wings and beer!

It was then that I realized I was gonna have to make a video all by myself. You see he helped me make all my other vids. So enjoy this video to all his crackers and the ones who didn't get the chance to meet the legend:

Vinny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEk2xS8p3UA&feature=plcp&context=C3321e5cUDOEgsToPDskJ9a3ZwJ_-Z7wJjV0unj9dV)

We miss you homie. It's been awhile since I've logged on here but that's because this site truly isn't the same without you. Hell we haven't even really had a car since then. But, this year we're back! 8.5 bitches!:cheers:

What was your favorite Vinny moment? I know there were a lot for me like him yellin' at that poor kid doing burnouts the wrong way at the KFC hall on Blue Rock Rd. for the Spring Cruise in, the beers we drank at Hooter's and ALL the stories I'd listen to...some of 'em just weren't right. But the best is J doing wheelies past his house and not knowing who the hell it was!

dedpedal
02-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I have too many great memories to pick just one. Too much to say about any one about the times spent with one of the best people Ive ever had the pleasure to know on such a close friendship.

Stangman
02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I remember the old impromptu Wednesday night beechmont cruise ins by the old perkins... he was such a funny and smart fella... and had a way of being the center of attention wherever he went, but knew how to make newb's feel welcome!

I loved it when he would leave in his old black coupe with 350k+ miles on it and powershift the SHIT out of it going up beechmont!

I used to stay up late and see if he would post any funny threads like he used to... and also watched for Craig and Dedpedals awesome posts.

Good times.......... those were the days.

sean
02-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Great video. Good day to get the car out and pay a little tribute.

Mista Bone
02-07-2012, 12:20 PM
B-R-A-K-E cleaner?

All I need to say :)

Mista Bone
02-07-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0806_1991_ford_mustang_gt/index.html

Mr.Moontang
02-07-2012, 12:41 PM
"I hate my phone!!!"

Dirtyd0g
02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately I never got the pleasure of meeting him. I registered here right around the time he passed away. I can honestly say I would be proud to have this many people remember me when I am gone.
Alan

DSSKing68
02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
It really is amazing how many lives he touched and how he had the ability to bring people together. He was taken way too early.

RIP Vinny.

redfirepearlgt
02-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Clearly a man of men, living each day of his life to its fullest potential and having a blast doing it. He was obviously a #1 husband to his beloved, a brother to those he was closest to, admired by those he acquainted, and respected by those of us who never had the privilege of meeting him. God Bless those of you he left behind. Please continue to stay involved with this site and events, and share his stories with those of us who never knew him. Thanks for perservering through a tough loss and helping keep this site alive in his honor. Thanks for posting.

bestracing
02-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I knew him from CincySpeed, Stangbangerz, GCFBA and NKYFBA message boards but just from the on line conversations at first. I met him personally for the first time up at Cincy Speed when him and Craig set up a stangbangerz Dyno Day. A friends Camaro was up on the ramps getting ready for a pull and he walked over and made a joke about a chevy and then when they made a pull he turned around really quick and mouthed "Man that is really loud" with a big grin on his face. He was all over the place that day but he still made sure he stopped and talked to anyone he hadn't seen before to amke sure they felt welcome.
I've enjoyed the times I got to hang with him and I wish I could have hung out with him even more.

Black Horse
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the video....so many memories! Vinny was certianly one person that touched more lives in ways he never imagined. He will live forever in our memories, his legacy will continue with the actions of those he touched.

We miss you Vinn-man, but you will never be forgotten!

plated
02-07-2012, 01:54 PM
sooooo true...only the good die young:angel: miss ya brother c-you on the other side

chris91
02-07-2012, 02:36 PM
He was definitely one of a kind. I joined up here and was having some problems with my 92 gt. He didn't even hesitate to offer to come to my place and help me out. We sat there and bullshitted like we knew each other for years. You don't meet people like that anymore it seems. People are too quick to talk trash and knock ya down before they reach out and help ya up...

Evil_Capri
02-07-2012, 02:54 PM
RIP to a damn good man!

Timido
02-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Great Guy. Truley one of a kind. I had a lot of great times with Vinny.

capri306rs
02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
He had me laughing at the car show's when he would get on people for burning out the wrong way! He alway's had ton's of people with him! He was a dam nice guy! Hopefully he is leaving posi mark's above! LOL

Timido
02-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Great Guy. Truley one of a kind. I had a lot of great times with Vinny.

redrocker
02-07-2012, 05:07 PM
sounds like one hell of a man . never meet him but i feel like ive knew him just from what ive read . he may be gone but i dont think he will ever b forgotten

Blkcobra01
02-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Rip never met Vinny wish I could of happy to see his memory live on.

NXcoupe
02-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Miss ya Vinny, wish you were still around. This place just isn't the same without ya. RIP to a great guy!

89notch
02-07-2012, 08:31 PM
:big thumb That video is a great way to remember him.

stangman_5
02-07-2012, 10:05 PM
First time I met vinny was at the wednesday evening hang out at perkins. Didnt have a mustang at the time I had just traded it for my jeep. He said that was no reason not to join. Vinny looked my jeep over, we talked about stangs, he gave me a stangbangerz sticker and said welcome aboard... :bigthumb Truly a great man.

'92Stang
02-07-2012, 10:07 PM
R.I.P. Vinny:angel: My favorite memory of Vinny was at the calacade. He had Twisted Twins there, and my little girl who was 4 at the time had got a powerwheels mustang for Christmas. Even though there were numerous people vying for his attention, he made sure he gave Abby every Stangbangerz sticker he had available for her mustang. She couldn't pronounce Vinny, so Benny was his name..lol.

ruby71oh
02-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Reading these posts puts such warmth and happiness into my saddened life. As his sister, I was tortchered by him. I was the guinea pig when he and his buddy, Harvey, built ramps for their bikes....I was the one who had to go first...so seriously, I'm surprised I'm alive! He was so fun to be around. He was very much a people person and he sooooo loved his mustangs. I cannot tell you how many times he would come to Canton and brag about this sight to myself and our mom. As much as I hate that my brother is gone, he is also the one I credit for saving my life. If anyone heard stories from Vince, our dad had two open heart sugeries nine years apart from one another....so it's evident that heart disease is pretty rough in our family. Nine months after Vince had passed, I had some tests done. I ended up having 85% blockage in my LAD which is also known as the widow maker. So as much as Feb 7th sucks in my world, I have a daily reminder also that I'm alive. Peace to all of you, run your engines hard, and race on for Vinny5oh!

DSSKing68
02-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks for stopping by and posting Deanne. I hope you are feeling better than yesterday. Let me know if you need anything.

uknowho1702
02-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Nice video I didnt know the man but wish I had gotten into the stang community a little earlier so I could have at least met him. I have heard many stories and see alot of cars with his sticker and I always wonder what I have missed!

capri306rs
02-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Reading these posts puts such warmth and happiness into my saddened life. As his sister, I was tortchered by him. I was the guinea pig when he and his buddy, Harvey, built ramps for their bikes....I was the one who had to go first...so seriously, I'm surprised I'm alive! He was so fun to be around. He was very much a people person and he sooooo loved his mustangs. I cannot tell you how many times he would come to Canton and brag about this sight to myself and our mom. As much as I hate that my brother is gone, he is also the one I credit for saving my life. If anyone heard stories from Vince, our dad had two open heart sugeries nine years apart from one another....so it's evident that heart disease is pretty rough in our family. Nine months after Vince had passed, I had some tests done. I ended up having 85% blockage in my LAD which is also known as the widow maker. So as much as Feb 7th sucks in my world, I have a daily reminder also that I'm alive. Peace to all of you, run your engines hard, and race on for Vinny5oh!

Very well put.:bigthumb

beefcake
02-10-2012, 12:17 AM
still sorely missed.

very proud to have got to know him

memories i will have forever

FMGT1999
02-10-2012, 01:48 AM
I think of Vinny often, he and I became good friends and along with the rest of my brothers and friends here at SBZ. I miss Vinny more then words can explan.

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23085&stc=1&d=1328852848

Kyle

BIGRED Z
02-14-2012, 06:46 AM
It's hard to pick one moment, but it's not hard at all to remember that Vinny had a special charisma. He had the kind of personality that lit up a room. And even when you were surrounded by 100 other people, he could make you feel like you were the only one worth talking too. And he made a lot of people feel that way. Vinny was truly one of a kind, and we miss him.

Katmandu
02-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Wow.... 5 full years have gone by.... Although, I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Vinny in person, I got to know him quite well hear on SB.

Vinny had this way about him that he was always was the calming force in the middle of the storm. He made everyone feel welcome and most importantly IMHO..... UN-JUDGED. That in itself is a very rare quality in a human being and Vinny most certainly had it. He was a true pleasure to have known him.

SB will never be the same, but there are still enough GOOD people still on here to keep the Spirit of the past alive.

RIP Vinny! :angel:

BTW, for those that may not know....Vinny was only 37 years old (I believe...) at the time of his passing.