PDA

View Full Version : Direct Energy

bobtsgt
02-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Anybody sign up with them to help lower your bill?

Paul408Notch
02-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Make sure you read the fine print. I was about to switch to one until I saw that the really good rate was only good for like 2 months, then it adjusted to "market rate"

orangeconv
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Just call your company and tell them you want a deal i did it last week dropped from 8c to 6.4c took ten min

bobtsgt
02-08-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm going to call Duke tomorrow to see what my rate is now and see if they will lower it.

mwaller5672
02-08-2012, 11:04 PM
They have duke retail for a cheaper rate. Ohio should have some good rates until Obama gets done. I would look for rates to double if he gets his way. I do work for the local electric utility. I went to a meeting about all the stuff we will have to do. When someone ask who will have to pay for all of this it thay said the same thing. The consumer. Also remember the discount is only for the power plant production part

DSSKing68
02-09-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm going to call Duke tomorrow to see what my rate is now and see if they will lower it.

That information is on your bill for comparison. There should be a place where they list how much you are currently paying for kW/H

plated
02-09-2012, 07:29 AM
funny just the other day,one of those guy's knocked on the door telling me about the savings i would get switching over,he got out his calculator i gave him my bill from duke,well i was saving alot more with duke,needless to say after looking like a donkey he was quick to leave:lol: true story.....not that i like duke either they all can kma!!

cstreu1026
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't like the idea of signing a contract for any rate. With electricity you may be OK since as I understand it electricity rates have never gone down. However, natural gas raates fluctuate a lot just like gasoline so being locked in a rate for a year or two could rally bite you in the ass. I don't know if what options there are for teh Duke customers since both come from the same supplier but for use up north we have natural gas from one company and electricity from another.

bobtsgt
02-09-2012, 10:09 AM
apparently along with the lock in rates (which are about the same as mine now and as in the summer) they will take off the extra riders that Duke puts on the bills. So basically its paying the same as I am now minus $40- 50 a month in rider fees.

duststang
02-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I switched to Cincinnati Bell energy last month we will see if there is a savings. There is not a contract so I figured try it for a short period and see if it is BS. get the budling discount but the rate is not locked.

cstreu1026
02-09-2012, 11:21 AM
You can compare the rates across multiple providers here: http://www.puco.ohio.gov/puco/index.cfm/apples-to-apples/duke-energy-ohio-apples-to-apples-chart/

Dirtyd0g
02-09-2012, 12:03 PM
funny just the other day,one of those guy's knocked on the door telling me about the savings i would get switching over,he got out his calculator i gave him my bill from duke,well i was saving alot more with duke,needless to say after looking like a donkey he was quick to leave:lol: true story.....not that i like duke either they all can kma!!

I don't remember the numbers either but I had a similar experience with them on the phone. In my case it was about $10 a month but $10 is $10 Why would I switch for a higher rate? The electricity is still exactly the same and so is service.
Alan

mwaller5672
02-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Right.The thing is Duke has to act like we are still regulated in a sense. Because it is our home area we have certain things we have to due. Our job is to make sure you have electric even if units trip. If we don't we get in trouble. That throws us in an uneven field. Even if the person who changes loses there electric we have to be in the back ground to deliver it.Thats what the charge is.