PDA

View Full Version : Strange letter in the mail

ffmueller81
02-14-2012, 09:27 AM
So I received a letter in the mail yesterday from the ford dealership. It says that they are wanting to buy my cobra without purchase of a new or used vehicle...

Now I know I get letters to trade in my truck and other newer vehicles, but never just to outright buy a 8 year old vehicle...

anybody else get a letter like this for their 03 04 cobra?? I found it quite strange and only looking good for the value of my car.. :D

cquist
02-14-2012, 10:16 AM
I get them all the time from Pontiac.(yes still comes from Pontiac) They only ask that I bring my car in to sell to an old dealership. Either cetain dealerships need used cars or they are just trying to get you in to a new car.

90fastgt
02-14-2012, 11:32 AM
I just got one a couple weeks ago from the dodge dealership

blown96cobra
02-14-2012, 01:25 PM
ive worked at a few dealerships. theyll offer you what it would bring at an auction unless your trading it in on a new car. dont even waste your time its just a tool they use to bring people into the dealership.

rtvickers
02-14-2012, 04:23 PM
I had a dealership want to buy my 04 explorer. He asked why I was selling it and if there was anything they had I was interested in. I told him no and that was the end of him trying to sell me on something they had. I talked to him for like 2 months and we couldnt come to an agreement. They got pretty close but we just didnt get it done. He called me all the time about it. I ended up getting more somewhere else then what he was going to give me. About 1200 more. I would say they maybe interested in just buying it. If your selling it and they are interested, what would it hurt to listen to what they offer. Just let them know your not interested in a trade or a new purchase.

04 Venom
02-14-2012, 04:29 PM
I get those letters all the time. They go straight to the recycle bin.

cms91lx
02-15-2012, 08:11 AM
I have an 06 Daytona Charger, got the same letter from the local dodge dealer, but they werent offering enough

thecollector
02-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Got one from cronin ford regarding the fusion sport we bought from beechmont this past may, like others said its just different colored bait. I was seriously interested in getting out of it but the clown I spoke with on the phone assured me ill never even drive on their lot.

Goldenpony
02-16-2012, 11:36 AM
I got a wierd one the other day. It was from a local Ford dealer. They wanted to buy my wife's '08 Miata.