PDA

View Full Version : Kemba Credit Union

smytty
02-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Anyone a member or has anyone had a good or bad experience with them....
Im looking for a good credit union as i have a car im looking at. So looking for any info for local Unions... Thanks

jktruckin06
02-20-2012, 11:04 PM
I've heard alot of good about them, never experienced myself. I had a loan through general electric credit union and it was good. Let us know who you end up with.

Black Horse
02-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Sharefax rocks!

BIGRED Z
02-20-2012, 11:35 PM
I've heard good things about Kemba.

mf959100GT
02-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Sharefax rocks!

Agree, I've got share fax...four locations in Cincinnati, and if you end up opening an account no fee's at PNC ATMs

Hope it helps

four6trix
02-21-2012, 12:22 AM
My bike's financed through Kemba. Never had any issues with 'em :bigthumb

redfirepearlgt
02-21-2012, 12:55 AM
Anyone a member or has anyone had a good or bad experience with them....
Im looking for a good credit union as i have a car im looking at. So looking for any info for local Unions... Thanks

Was a member there for years. Had great success with them. Only down side at the time was their lack of ATM's and the fee for using anything outside of their ATm network. Brian Strauser (CU VP) is a great person and a good friend of mine. I could call him at age 25 from California , tell him how much I wanted and what for and he approved it on the spot, knowing it would be paid, and it was.

If you have them close by i encourage you to go with them. I am now with PNC because of location, another fantastic institution in my experience. Never an issue getting a loan, never an issue on the monthly statements, etc.

Last - If you are a veteran I highly, highly encourage opening an account withteh Pentagon Federal Credit Union. I get all of my cars financed through them. Lowest APR on used adn new cars anywhere I have found ad nvery quick responses on applications...usually in seconds or several minutes max.

331lx
02-21-2012, 12:55 AM
Wouldn't go anywhere else kemba is awesome

qwk93ta
02-21-2012, 07:36 AM
I had my 00 Trans Am financed with them, never had an issue.

BigB96
02-21-2012, 08:15 AM
I have them, they are awesome. Gave me by far the best interest rate when I bought my car.

Walter
02-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Kemba is awesome. Had a bike and several cars through them.

aperacer
02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
I have had 6 or 7 car loans with them. Very easy to work with. I have been with them for 15 years or so.

Jeff88coupe
02-21-2012, 09:18 AM
I've had good dealings with every credit union I've ever done business with. I've been with L&N federal c.u. in erlanger for 15+ years and had a auto loan with AurGroup C.U. in fairfield. My wife has banked with Wright Patt C.U. for 20+ years. We will never bank with a regular bank if we can help it. Just pick a C.U. with a location that is convienient for you.

BlazinEagle
02-21-2012, 09:51 AM
I have had Kemba since 1996 and love them. Would not go anywhere else.

cstreu1026
02-21-2012, 10:10 AM
I've had good dealings with every credit union I've ever done business with. I've been with L&N federal c.u. in erlanger for 15+ years and had a auto loan with AurGroup C.U. in fairfield. My wife has banked with Wright Patt C.U. for 20+ years. We will never bank with a regular bank if we can help it. Just pick a C.U. with a location that is convienient for you.

That's pretty much spot on. I've ever heard anything bad about credit unions and after switching to Wright Patt a few years ago I will never go back to a big bank. The lack of ATM's is an issue with pretty much all credit unions and small banks but overall the positives far out way the negatives. You should also ask if they are partnered with any other CU's for fee-free atm's. I know WPCU does.

Black Horse
02-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Stay the hell away from Aurgroup. Had an experience (wife was co-signed on her daughter's loan) where they repossessed the car without any contact attempts to the co-signor. Cost to get the car out of repossesion was ridiculous and many members of Aurgroup were non-responsive if not downright rude to help get the mess cleared up. I will never do business there again nor recommend any to them.

Blackout
02-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I've been with Day Met Credit Union for about 10 years now and I love it. The credit union is part of "shared branching" and I can virtually get to my money at almost every Credit Union in the U.S. I currently have all my loans through them except my mortgage. They will also give you real decent rates as well.

Blackballed
02-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I've been with Kemba for 7 years now and I don't have anything bad to say about them. 2 car loans and a savings and checking account. They do have some good rates for auto loans right now.

smytty
02-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks Everyone on the feedback..:bigthumb

5.0calypso93lx
02-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Was a member there for years. Had great success with them. Only down side at the time was their lack of ATM's and the fee for using anything outside of their ATm network. Brian Strauser (CU VP) is a great person and a good friend of mine. I could call him at age 25 from California , tell him how much I wanted and what for and he approved it on the spot, knowing it would be paid, and it was.

If you have them close by i encourage you to go with them. I am now with PNC because of location, another fantastic institution in my experience. Never an issue getting a loan, never an issue on the monthly statements, etc.

Last - If you are a veteran I highly, highly encourage opening an account withteh Pentagon Federal Credit Union. I get all of my cars financed through them. Lowest APR on used adn new cars anywhere I have found ad nvery quick responses on applications...usually in seconds or several minutes max.

Pen-Fed is awesome :bigthumb You don't actually have to be a veteran though, just have to make a donation to a military charity of $20.

Walter
02-21-2012, 06:47 PM
I've been with Kemba for 7 years now and I don't have anything bad to say about them. 2 car loans and a savings and checking account. They do have some good rates for auto loans right now.

Kemba has 1.79% on auto loans on 2009-12 vehicles right now.

BIGRED Z
02-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Also for Vets...USAA. I have an an account with them, and their insurance is awesome. Saved over 50% on my homeowners policy when I switched last month. Had Grange...

SMOKE
02-21-2012, 10:04 PM
I haven't seen anyone say anything about General Electric Credit Union (GECU), I've had probably 5 or 6 car loans with them and they are GREAT to deal with. I'm actually going to call them tomorrow about a bike loan :D

beefcake
02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
GE, Sharefax, Kemba, all good!