PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE OKAY???

redfirepearlgt
03-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Is the SBZ family in tact or has anyone suffered property damage, loss, or injury?

rtvickers
03-03-2012, 12:08 PM
We didn't get much in my neck of the woods. I hope everyone is ok.

heyitsmepugsley
03-03-2012, 12:22 PM
yeah here in lebanon we didnt get anything but some heavy rain but they kept coming over the radio saying it was coming our way but never got us.

redfirepearlgt
03-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Just trying to find out if anyone has been hit and if so are they/you in need of anything?

thecollector
03-03-2012, 12:51 PM
My trash cans ran away from home but other than that we escaped any damage.

redfirepearlgt
03-03-2012, 02:35 PM
to provide assistance see this thread on our site.

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78998

ponymom05
03-03-2012, 08:15 PM
jccox77 had a lot of damage to his house but his family is OK. His area took a really hard hit. I'm not sure if they will save his house. Damn insurance adjuster kept saying he was on his way but we left at 4:30 and he still wasn't there.

jlt2006
03-03-2012, 08:19 PM
^^^^^Alot of damge on the Campbell and Pendleton County line. I mean devastation. I believe no fatalities.

KYGTP
03-03-2012, 11:07 PM
^^^^^Alot of damge on the Campbell and Pendleton County line. I mean devastation. I believe no fatalities.

I just help out one of my best friends brother who lived up on 154 on the Campbell/Pendleton line. His house is destroyed, the roof is missing on one side, his detached garage is gone, the roof was thrown about 50 ft away with all his tools and tool boxes all of over the yard. THANK GOD he hunkered down in his basement in the bathroom.

He said that when we stop hearing all the noise he walk out of the bathroom and saw water just pouring in through the can lights in his basement:eek: At that point, he knew it was not good.

They had a new car in the detached garage, which is now trashed, and his 3 wk old truck in his driveway trashed.

One whole side of his house, the brick was torn completely off the house, just amazing. You know, you see this stuff on TV and think "Wow, that is bad" but until you go and see it first hand, it is a whole nother story.

We loaded up about 6 trucks with all his tools and garage stuff and brought it to my house to store it in my storage above my garage, which was empty anyways. They were supposed to get a POD for the rest of the house stuff, but the guy never showed, hopefully they will tomorrow.

If there was any good out of this, is that he is ok, his wife is ok, AND his other brother had a house in highland heights that he was trying to sell that he was no longer living in, so they have a place to stay. I also stopped out at Walmart and got him a gift card, so he and his wife could get some cloths and such, at least until they can get a hold of their insurance company.

They had 5 dogs, all surrived, one had a broke leg, the others were fine and they had 3 cats, but one is missing, he seems thinks one cat got sucked out of the house at some point.

It is amazing how only 10 mins can change your who life...................

(sorry my story is all over the place, it been a long day)

wolverine8490
03-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Houses on May's Rd, Rt 10, and 154 in California, Peach Grove, and Pendleton got hit very hard. I spent all day out helping people move things into storage and helping clean up. Wife made food and handed it out all day as well. There were TONS of people out helping. There were also a lot of people just driving through making it more difficult for the people trying to help. It missed my house by 2 miles. Here are just a few of the pictures that I took today. It is very bad out here:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/wolverine8490/Storm%202012/storm050.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/wolverine8490/Storm%202012/storm047.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/wolverine8490/Storm%202012/storm043.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/wolverine8490/Storm%202012/storm041.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/wolverine8490/Storm%202012/storm037.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/wolverine8490/Storm%202012/storm027.jpg

redfirepearlgt
03-03-2012, 11:58 PM
jccox77 had a lot of damage to his house but his family is OK. His area took a really hard hit. I'm not sure if they will save his house. Damn insurance adjuster kept saying he was on his way but we left at 4:30 and he still wasn't there.

Sent jccox77 a PM. Asked him to call me if he needs to.

redfirepearlgt
03-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I just help out one of my best friends brother who lived up on 154 on the Campbell/Pendleton line. His house is destroyed, the roof is missing on one side, his detached garage is gone, the roof was thrown about 50 ft away with all his tools and tool boxes all of over the yard. THANK GOD he hunkered down in his basement in the bathroom.

He said that when we stop hearing all the noise he walk out of the bathroom and saw water just pouring in through the can lights in his basement:eek: At that point, he knew it was not good.

They had a new car in the detached garage, which is now trashed, and his 3 wk old truck in his driveway trashed.

One whole side of his house, the brick was torn completely off the house, just amazing. You know, you see this stuff on TV and think "Wow, that is bad" but until you go and see it first hand, it is a whole nother story.

We loaded up about 6 trucks with all his tools and garage stuff and brought it to my house to store it in my storage above my garage, which was empty anyways. They were supposed to get a POD for the rest of the house stuff, but the guy never showed, hopefully they will tomorrow.

If there was any good out of this, is that he is ok, his wife is ok, AND his other brother had a house in highland heights that he was trying to sell that he was no longer living in, so they have a place to stay. I also stopped out at Walmart and got him a gift card, so he and his wife could get some cloths and such, at least until they can get a hold of their insurance company.

They had 5 dogs, all surrived, one had a broke leg, the others were fine and they had 3 cats, but one is missing, he seems thinks one cat got sucked out of the house at some point.

Sent you a PM. Call me tomorrow if you need to.

KYGTP
03-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Sent you a PM. Call me tomorrow if you need to.

Thanks Chad!!

KYGTP
03-04-2012, 12:19 AM
wolverine8490, Thank you as well, I will let you know.

redfirepearlgt
03-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Thanks Chad!!

Glad to help as I can.

98stangv6
03-04-2012, 04:45 AM
I work for Campbell co and was near the pend co line when it hit. I've never seen anything like it. I responded to an overturned semi on aa and just looked up the hill towards mays road and it almost didn't seem real. We started to go house to house and it was unbelievable. So many power lines down, gas leaks, etc. I tried to get down 10 to get to some hard hit areas and there was literally a house in the yard and a mobile home in a tree. It made for a long night. There is a lot of clean up to be done. I feel for the affected families. I know jcoxx road got hit hard, we sent guys in on atvs for evacuations.

slick04gt
03-04-2012, 05:08 AM
I got family in wolfe county, ky.. about a half hour from west liberty that got hit pretty hard too. The family told me that they jus got some softball sized hail from that storm. It tore up the siding on the house and did a number on the cars but no injuries, so minor loss compared to some. Definitely hit close to home tho, so my best wishes to those affected and if I can help, jus lemme know.

Roush GT
03-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Dry ridge seemed to miss the brunt of the storm while less than 10 miles north of us in crittenden got hit verry hard.

jccox77
03-05-2012, 01:53 AM
i have faired better than some have out here that pic of the very is a friend of mine on mays road i have another friend on there that lost there attached and detached garages
thanks for all concerned and the help is greatly appreicated

Ponymom has been a very large help and a bunch of my friends and family and the home depot i will try to keep u guys informed more ihave not been on here till tonight i think we have salvaged most of thelarger items in the house lost some still sorting things out and still in shock to what has happend to me my family and my friends in the surrounding areas no roof and alot of water damage on the backside of the house and my barn was leveled just about

draggin50
03-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Man I feel bad for you guys. I know when I see the pics its almost unreal. Hope you get it all taken care of and get your family back home.

bestracing
03-05-2012, 11:18 AM

My brother-in-law lives on Old Lexington Pike and is just a few houses down from the Beeman's place where they were killed.

I was there till 3:30 am Saturday morning, left and came back Saturday and Sunday to help clean tings up. Man what a mess!!

relaxednoma
03-06-2012, 10:13 AM
The McCardle's are friends of my wife's, so sad to see and hear everyones devistation. As the days go on, I'm learning more and more of folks I know personally that have had serious and or permanent damage (Jeremy, my friend Joey Milburn Jr., the Smith/Steffen's) I'm from campbell county and was not aware initially that it hit there to :(

Tornado hit very close to my friend Greg. They just some shingle damage. Here's some of his pics:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/420286_164520410334583_100003298761725_225745_2061 989877_n.jpg
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/419726_164521287001162_100003298761725_225747_6816 1651_n.jpg

it's amazing the amount of folks impacted by this. A group of friends I worked/hung out with when we all were at wally world in alexandria were heavilly hit. My friends Mike and Shannon were heavily impacted. Shannon has a shattered shoulder, cuts, bruises etc) Both of their kids have broken bones, her mom has bleeding on on the brain, broken collarbone. The house that was destroyed was her moms house. I'd been in this house countless times, this is the grants lick/peach grove area

Remains of her Mom's house:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/429233_384479111562680_100000017831580_1479477_102 3059629_n.jpg

And whats left of my wifes friends house, she was here a lot as a youngin'
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/421808_263171530429774_100002107862800_607859_1987 226149_n.jpg

Babsby Road in Piner, KY. Was full of livestock, all livestock survived (couresty of my friend Adam Mullins.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/420801_1968157660997_1754611443_1004549_2044385452 _n.jpg

Path of tornado
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/64881_1968145180685_1754611443_1004546_1145798500_ n.jpg

Tornado in Crittenden (and what I believe went through Campbell/Pendelton and into Moscow
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427448_3045438207790_1018178651_32860793_139435176 2_n.jpg

fastone
03-06-2012, 09:47 PM
I have been out in Peach Grove since Friday night. My in-laws have 50 acres and the wife and I have 22 acres. Lucky we don't have a house on the land yet, but we pretty much lost 15 acres of trees, hardly anything is standing and lost our horse trailer with living quarters. The in-laws lost everything in the deal. Most of the items in the house are ok, but everything else is gone. Three barns and all the trees and found out Thursday but sounds like the house will be a total loss. In-laws are ok, three dogs and two horses and a mule are ok. My wife and I's horse and mule got banged up but will be ok. There has been all kinds of help.

ONLY THING I ASK, if you come out to the area to help thank you, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR PICTURES, KEEP YOUR ASS AWAY! There are alot of older farmers in the area that are getting to the point of pulling guns on people that are sight seeing!

And for those that don't know, the hardest hit area is the area from Campbell Cty into Pendleton Cty then across the river to Moscow. This tornado was 1/4 mile wide, 23 miles long with winds at 160MPH. Last I heard today, home damage number was at 200 homes damaged or lost. Lucky no one was killed.

redfirepearlgt
03-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Sorry for your loss, but glad you are okay, and the same for the livestock and pets. I fully understand your comments about "site-seers". Nothing like gauckers (sp) congesting traffic to see devestation and take pictures.

We have stayed away and aided from a distance to those working directly in the area. We have offered our services this Saturday to groups needing help that will provide usa contact and an address of where we are needed specifically. Otherwise we will remain at a distance and continue to help as we can through donations and staying out of the way unless asked.

Take care and God bless each and every one. My parents went through this in 1990. I was not able to come to their aid due to my military obligation at the time. I an forever grateful to the nameless many that helped them clear brush and debris.

relaxednoma
03-07-2012, 07:26 AM
ONLY THING I ASK, if you come out to the area to help thank you, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR PICTURES, KEEP YOUR ASS AWAY! There are alot of older farmers in the area that are getting to the point of pulling guns on people that are sight seeing!

true! i was out in the crittenden area helping a friend of the wife's do some cleanup, one of the family members laid into a group of people that pulled up to take pics that seemed to be having a jolly old time.

jktruckin06
03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
They should keep the media out too

redfirepearlgt
03-07-2012, 09:14 AM
They should keep the media out too

Agreed. The reporting is over. Give the people their privacy and those volunteering the chance to help as they are needed. All the storm chasers and gauckers should start being chased out and warned of consequences if they return. Time for people to have their privcacy back so they can move forward.

relaxednoma
03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Agreed. The reporting is over. Give the people their privacy and those volunteering the chance to help as they are needed. All the storm chasers and gauckers should start being chased out and warned of consequences if they return. Time for people to have their privcacy back so they can move forward.

very well put!

Roush GT
03-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Sad. I will offer my services if anyone needs help please let me know. me and my wife would be glad to help.

1987LXVert
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Let me know if anyone needs some clean up help!!! Would be happy to help out!!