PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for tornado victims

Hangingcogs
03-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Okay people you know we like to pull together in a time of need. Right now I'm collecting donations for the victims in Moscow, Bethel, Hamersville and Felicity. It's so weird how we are all connected when a disaster shows it's face. My best friends Aunt's house was demolished and her car is MIA. Also, Clarence (BIZLE) BFF's Uncle lost his life in the storm.

Right now we are looking for boxes or plastic tubs to put what we can salvage in them to send to storage. In addition, I'm also collecting donations for others in the area. Right now the need is clothing, cleaning products, personal care items, blankets and non-perishable food items. I'm also looking for businesses all over the tri-state to be designated drop off areas. I'll pick the donations up as needed and take them to be given to those in need.

If you can help in any way please shoot me a email at Marci@CincinnatiCoupons.net! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

redfirepearlgt
03-03-2012, 02:29 PM
email sent. Please post drop off areas as soon as possible. Will go do some shopping for supplies and drop off to closest one to Deer Park. Let US all know.Will be glad to help.

Hangingcogs
03-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks Chad it was good talkin' with you today and these families will appreciate everything that comes their way!

As of now we've got 2 locations:

Anderson - LaTosha's Cutting Edge Salon, 482 Ohio Pike (Beechmont), next to Verizon across from Olive Garden. Their phone number is (513)528-3343. Their hours are Sunday-Monday Closed, Tuesday 10am - 8pm, Wednesday 12pm - 8pm, Thursday 10am - 6pm, Friday 10am - 5pm and Saturday 9am - 4pm.

Fairfield - Honda of Fairfield, 858-1000, located at 4567 Rt. 4 across from Jungle Jim's. This is the ATV dealership. Their business hours are M-F 10-7 and Sat. 10-4.

Hangingcogs
03-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I've now got Blue Cocoon on Montgomery Road (directly across the street from Montgomery Inn on the lower level) accepting donations. Visit their website here for their hours (http://www.bluecocoonbaby.com/index_contactus.html).

redfirepearlgt
03-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Even cooler hangingcogs! I will make my drop off there tomorrow rather than Beechmont. Glad to help.

juicedfoxbody
03-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Pm me a address ill sent a money order to help just let me know who to make it out to .

relaxednoma
03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
We gathered up 10 boxes of items that we had at home and what I went and bought and dropped it off at the Walton First Baptist church on Sunday. We have a second round of items that we've collected from friends and family that will be going over to the pendelton/campbell county area and then a 3rd group of items for the moscow folks (water, toiletries etc. everyone seems to be good on clothes)

Here's two groups that are on FB for the NKY stuff. Looking for one for the Ohio folks as well
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/335457486500688/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/TornadoReliefNKY/

blue5.8
03-06-2012, 10:23 AM
i took a truckload out to the church at 232 and 52 but looking to do more hope everyone is doing ok