PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot

ponymom05
03-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm a Home Depot shopper, we go there a lot, it's convenient to us. I know a lot of people may not be fans, prefering Lowe's or somewhere else. But I must say, they have me hooked now and I will throw as much business as I can their way.

As was posted on another thread, one of our members, Jeremy Cox, had significant damage to his house near Peach Grove in the tornado Friday. Jeremy's wife works for Home Depot. That company has really stepped up to help them out. While we were there yesterday, they donated boxes and heavy trash bags, not once, but 3 times. The second time, they sent a truck to deliver them. They also callled with a large cash donation to help them out with immediate needs, more to come. When I talked to Droopy this morning, he tells me they sent out tarps and supplies and 4 guys to do the work!! These guys are also ripping up all of the carpet in the house.

How many of our employers would do this for us? I know mine wouldn't. My hat is off to The Home Depot.:bigthumb

Stangman
03-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Oh wow. Very cool!

redfirepearlgt
03-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Good to hear. PM'd him last night to see if they needed anything. Will redirect my efforts elsewhere since HD is doing right by them. Thanks for the update.

ponymom05
03-04-2012, 05:20 PM
He's got some friends out there today also. Moved out all the cars to new temporary homes. If they can get that roof covered I think he's OK for now.

mad max
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Its nice to hear stories like this . At least there are still a few decent companies left who help out their employees.

redfirepearlgt
03-04-2012, 06:09 PM
He's got some friends out there today also. Moved out all the cars to new temporary homes. If they can get that roof covered I think he's OK for now.

Tell him to call me or PM if they need anything. I PM'd him my number. Don't know if I have ever met him or not, but either way, the offer stands. PLease forward it. Just want to make sure he is aware.

clueless_racing
03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
i also work for home depot,we are always involved with helping the community especially when disasters like the other day happen.

2Kblacksleeper
03-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Which one do you work at clueless? I'm at the beechmont store. I know we have sent tons of stuff out there.
One of our cashiers lost everything. We have been helping her with everything said above.

Every employer has their ups and downs. This is one of our strong suits, taking care of people in time of need.

jccox77
03-05-2012, 01:59 AM
:bigthumb I agree and am shocked by how they have helped out

Stangman
03-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Glad to hear you're gettin help man! Can't let all those stang parts get wet! :lol:

relaxednoma
03-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Thats great to hear Cathy! Please let me know if anymore help is needed. I'm more than happy to come out!

Does she work for the Cold Spring store? I only ask because I used to work there awhile back lol

fastone
03-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Home Depot did that for everyone. Glad Jeremy is ok! And HOME DEPOT ROCKS! They brought us water, tarps, garbage bags and one time along with that, a case of beer! Have not heard anything about Lowe's doing anything like this. I would say we have at least a grand worth of tarps being used Home Depot gave us.

jccox77
03-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Rachel did work for coldspring now at crescent springs

jccox77
03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Where fastone is your proprty out here

fastone
03-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Little Plummer off of Route 10. Not our piece of land, but my in-laws, their property line is the Pendleton/Campbell Cty line. We all are on the Pendleton Cty side. I have heard from my guys at the fire house that have been helping assess damage saying everywhere else is bad, but this tornado that got Jeremy and us is huge, wide and long. Those guys are saying we have tons of more wide spread damage over miles and miles of land!

1987LXVert
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Surprised depot did that but great to hear. Lowes would never do such!! Glad everyone is ok!!