PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling the fox and buying a 05 up Saleen

NC89GT
03-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Okay guys.. I have been thinking of getting rid of the fox I have built over the last 11 years. I know the market for high end foxes isn't really there but I would rather have something that my wife and I can jump in and drive to florida(comfortably). The car fox is the one in my avatar.

I also have an 89 gt with
Ford 331
mexican block
eagle crank and rods,molly pistons. all the other good little stuff in the bottom end
canton road race pan
lightweight flywheel
afr 185 heads with fera 6000 valves. jessell rockers and beehive valve springs
crane tri retrofit roller lifters
special grind comp cams " have cam card"
underdrive pullys

rpm 2 intake. upper and lower
30 pound injectors, maf meter ,adjustable regulator 70 mm tb
From d&d performance model number : 1386-000-012 450 torque 1st 2.97 2nd 2.07 3rd 1.43 4th 1.0 5th .8 6th .62
trans has about 5 thousand street miles on it. excellent condition comes with shifter and 6 sp ball and modified driveshaft for fox /sn95 install

THE CLUTCH IS A CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTION.

American Racing 18 inch wheels
cobra brakes front and rear
2000 anniversary leather interior
all new weather stripping
new head lights
new tail lights
UPR tubular K member/ coil overs
UPR rear coil overs and strange shocks
new carpet
new headliner
new smoke fog lights
smoke 3rd brake light
140 speedo
cobra brake booster
I would say one of the cleanest, straightest foxes around..

I am sure that I am missing things I would say that I have north of 40K in this car.

Now the Question

WHATS IT WORTH??

heyitsmepugsley
03-06-2012, 10:52 PM
sounds like a solid machine good luck with whatever decision you make.

NC89GT
03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks, I love the car I built it the way I wanted.. I built it before wife was around and she pretty much refuses to ride in it with me because it is so loud and rides too rough for her..I think I would get a lot more use out of a newer saleen or maybe even a new camaro SS

Buckeye
03-06-2012, 11:05 PM
I think 7-9 as a guestamite

redfirepearlgt
03-07-2012, 12:27 AM
If going Saleen consider purchasing a 05-09 Mustang GT, add a few trim items you like and then do the Saleen Twin Screw stage 2 or Stage 3 package from Brenspeed or one of the other eight Saleen dealers in the country. The car will be as fast and as driveable, it will cost less and be less to insure. You an also pick up the Saleen handling package as well if you wish to do that and still come in a whole lot cheaper than a real Saleen and save $$$ on insurance. Otherwise goodluck with your sale and enjoy your Saleen.

djom1cincy
03-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Saw a saleen 05+ at work a few weeks ago. Bad ass car.

yourmoms
03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
does it have a radio?

zippy94
03-07-2012, 08:11 PM
My wife is the same way, I have changed cars and still doesn't like it, I have a friend that has a 05 saleen that is for sale, LMK if you go this route, And is local for test drives

NC89GT
03-08-2012, 08:23 AM
yes it has a radio and all new speakers.. and all new wiring ran for them..

NC89GT
03-08-2012, 08:23 AM
My wife is the same way, I have changed cars and still doesn't like it, I have a friend that has a 05 saleen that is for sale, LMK if you go this route, And is local for test drives

Details on color. condition? Price?

NC89GT
03-08-2012, 08:27 AM
If going Saleen consider purchasing a 05-09 Mustang GT, add a few trim items you like and then do the Saleen Twin Screw stage 2 or Stage 3 package from Brenspeed or one of the other eight Saleen dealers in the country. The car will be as fast and as driveable, it will cost less and be less to insure. You an also pick up the Saleen handling package as well if you wish to do that and still come in a whole lot cheaper than a real Saleen and save $$$ on insurance. Otherwise goodluck with your sale and enjoy your Saleen.

I really want to buy a car that is the way I want it when I buy it. I am not overly concerned about the insurance costs. If I bought a used GT I know I would spend way more money putting blower brakes suspension than I could pick up a saleen for.

I found an 05 locally just what I want with 3500 miles on it original owner car for a decent price.

redfirepearlgt
03-08-2012, 10:52 AM
I really want to buy a car that is the way I want it when I buy it. I am not overly concerned about the insurance costs. If I bought a used GT I know I would spend way more money putting blower brakes suspension than I could pick up a saleen for.

I found an 05 locally just what I want with 3500 miles on it original owner car for a decent price.

awesome!!!!

blown86lx
03-15-2012, 05:40 PM
I love your car! I wish it was for sale before I bought my Saleen.....it would be sitting in my garage

NC89GT
03-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Sell the Saleen and Ill sell you my car

blown86lx
03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
I wish I could. Im in it too deep now I wouldn't get my money back. It would probably help if I finished building it. What are you asking for it? My cousin is thinking about selling his termi and buying a fox. I think yours would be right up his alley he is very picky about his cars if he bought a fox it would have to be a clean one!

mustangrodtp
03-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Don't do it. I have had three Saleens including a 06 Supercharged. You are just paying for the name, not quality. If you must upgrade to what many consider a tuner car, go with the Roush!!