PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start looking?

my little pony
03-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Hey guys... I am wanting to get a hand gun. I have never been shooting and not sure where to begin. Something small but that will get the job done. Mainly want for protection but if I can have some fun too, even better. Any suggestions? Where do I start? Thanks for your help...

Missy

V8Mustang1967
03-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Id recommend trying to find a local indoor range that rents various handguns and rant a few you like and try them out.

Moody
03-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I have an out door range and I have over 100 guns and my dad teaches CCW. so if you live close to Wilmington Ohio ill let you shoot a few things. And I work in a gun store.

Maximus
03-16-2012, 04:55 PM
^^^^THAT is your best bet, go see Moody!:bigthumb
When I thought I wanted an LC9, I went and held one and realized its way to small for my hands. I talked to Mike (Kylesgun) and he is very informed and showed me other options.:)

Maximus
03-16-2012, 05:05 PM
I have an out door range and I have over 100 guns and my dad teaches CCW. so if you live close to Wilmington Ohio ill let you shoot a few things. And I work in a gun store.

What kind of distance can you shoot there?

my little pony
03-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Id recommend trying to find a local indoor range that rents various handguns and rant a few you like and try them out.

Good idea thanks....

my little pony
03-16-2012, 06:34 PM

This sounds like a great offer thanks.....I live in Indiana but am in ohio all the time...i will pm you my phone # and we can set something up....should i apply for a permit now or is that putting the cart before the horse? sorry guys this is all new to me.....

my little pony
03-16-2012, 06:35 PM
^^^^THAT is your best bet, go see Moody!:bigthumb
When I thought I wanted an LC9, I went and held one and realized its way to small for my hands. I talked to Mike (Kylesgun) and he is very informed and showed me other options.:)

Thanks for your help! I am more excited about his than i thought i would be..lol Maybe thats not a good thing:D

Moody
03-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Pm sent. No problem. I'm close to exit 50 of 71n. We walk out to 100 yards max are back stop is 4 foot high 12 wide 2 feet thick full of dirt and sand.

Timido
03-21-2012, 02:56 PM
4 ft back stop scares me with a new shooter

jeep45238
03-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Come to an Appleseed and learn to shoot a rifle accurately - the same princibles of firing a shot are identical between a pistol and rifle, just that a rifle has a shoulder stock and a much longer sight radius.

That said, what's your budget?

RACEME
03-22-2012, 06:24 AM
This sounds like a great offer thanks.....I live in Indiana but am in ohio all the time...i will pm you my phone # and we can set something up....should i apply for a permit now or is that putting the cart before the horse? sorry guys this is all new to me.....

Do some looking before you get a permit. I am from Indiana too, and my Indiana ccw is not accepted in ohio. I had to get a Florida out of state one to carry in ohio.