PDA

View Full Version : Lets get back to our roots and our passion............

beefcake
03-17-2012, 11:48 PM
It's a shame that I am mixed if I should post or not.

The main reason i'm mixed about posting is with all the bickering and name calling and belittling I don't want this to be a "thread about looking at me".

But I guess it is about me just as it is about all of us. We are a community. We are brought together by our love / passion of Mustangs.

I am posting this because I really am saddened at some of the actions / words here lately. And I will say that I am just as guilty as some of the others in some things that have been said.

Vinny who started this board was my friend. We weren't best friends, but we were friends. The biggest thing we had in common was our love for Mustangs.

I've been thinking about all this talk about street cars, working on cars, magazines, sponsors, yada yada, but most of all, about Vinny in all this.

When I sold my website in 99 I made a good amount of coin off of it. I "paid" Paul's and Alternative auto to build the car. At the time, i probably knew 5% of what I now know about cars, engines, suspension, ect, alot of which I learned with friends i've met through here.

I met Vinny while I was cruising around in the 99. At the time (2000), it was one of the baddest daily drivers around. I got my first magazine feature with that car as well.

And you know what. Vinny loved the car. He saw me cruising the car, and asked me to come to his house, someone he didn't know, but the fact that I had a Mustang made me OK to Vinny from the get go.

Vinny NEVER looked down on me or made me feel inadequate in any way because I didn't do the wrenching on that car myself.

Vinny thought it was bad ass to have local cars show up in a mag(s)

Vinny also had no problem jumping in a street car and driving 4 hours to race it.

When we did get to the races, Doc pumped all of us local guys up over the P.A. Doc made us feel like we were "somebody" in the midst of 100's of other mustangs there to race. And you know what, I loved it, Vinny loved it, we all loved it. It was awesome to be made to feel important in the middle of it all. It wasn't about EGO, it was about passion and that passion being recognized.

Vinny had no problem helping someone that didn't know shit about cars with some work on one. He was always there to lend a hand.

Vinny had more passion about Mustangs than about anyone that I know / have known.

Fast forward years later. Now you have some guys acting like it's the end of the world for suggesting a street car be driven for an hour, or god forbid somewhere like bowling green for a race.

Now i'm involved with everything that goes on with my car. I've been there helping probably 90-95% of the time with this car, and it's ridiculed.

For working hard and spending the last 12 years building a name in the nmra and ford racing community, that too is belittled.

I guarantee you 100%, if Vinny was still with us, and he saw my car, or anyone of our cars in a national magazine, you would be getting a text with a picture and some kind of caption like. "Bad ASS", or "Hell Yes", or "Awesome Job" or "Congratulations".

He would be getting pumped up for the races he could make this year, the one's he would trailer to, the one's he would drive to.

I'm really missing Vin today, and missing his passion.

I miss all the good times at the track. I miss camping at Bowling Green and partying our asses off. I miss making trips outta town to places like Atco, or GA and making our prescence known and having a great time.

I miss get togethers like the Cabrew trips, I miss Craig being a funny ass Cracker and tipping canoes and fun shit like that. I miss the comradery and friendships we used to have.

I still have friends here, and i'm still meeting new friends here. But that deep passion just seems to be missing. How do we get it back? Can we get it back? Can we not find a way to keep Vinny's passion alive. In my heart of hearts, I believe I still have that passion. I want to share it with others, and I want others to share theirs with me.

From here on out, I am going to do my best to not get caught up with the negativity and do what I can to get this place back to what it was.

I am pumped about another exciting season of racing, I can't wait to have my wife bitching at me for all the hours I spend on my car and at the track.

I'm excited to see what everyone else brings to the track this year. I wish everyone the best, and if there is anything I can do to help anyone I surely will.

To Craig and others that I have had word's with. IMO it's water under the bridge, and nothing but the same thing families go through internally time to time. I've forgiven and hope the same is given in return!

Come on 2012! Let's get it done and make it the best Stangbangerz year yet! Let's be positive. Let's support each other. Let's wish our friends that extra tenth to break that next big barrier!

And please, let's keep things positive in here!!!

denial
03-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Very nice post. A great way to man up. I do believe wounds can heal over time. In this case, it will take a while. The damage is done, but can be savored. The negativity that has went on here over the past few years is completely out of control. There is no need for it and simply it's bullshit.

Ever heard your parents say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all? Bottom line is, a ton of people need to grow up. I mean damn, most of us are older now and some of them still act like a damn 16yr old.

I'm willing to hang out and meet up with anyone. I'm an easy going guy 99% of the time. Terry, I'm glad to be friends with you. You have went out of your way for me at times. I do appreciate that. Now that the mutual bullshit is over with.....let's have fun racing this year and be safe. Show respect and try and act like an adult while at the race tracks.

Mista Bone
03-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Terry, well said.

RacerX
03-18-2012, 01:03 AM
I know I for one have met most of my "real" friends through cars/bikes/racing. I think we are all a bit "off" to be in this hobby. I use that word hobby begrudgingly, it may be more of a lifestyle. Not many hobbies are litterally life and death or that require a fire suit.

But lets face facts, most of us here will never make a living with our car passion, I kinda did for awhile but it really takes all the fun out when it's a racing "business".

We all are much more alike than differant. I really enjoy passing on information that I have had to learn sometimes the very hard and expensive way. I also know I have been helped out at the track by a competetor with a part or a bit of information and went on to finish better than them, and have done the same for others. I want to beat the guy on the track, not because he needs something I might have. You have to have a ego to be a racer and believe you are the next AJ Foyt or you will be eaten alive. BUT, when the race is over it's OVER, old news and for the most part no one cares or will rememeber who finished where or even won.

We are a vanishing breed. Kids today are into computers and Wii WAY more than the stuff most of us grew up wanting to do (I rode my first mini bike so much I got a rash on my rear and my mom took me to the doctor because she thought I had a disiese, it was kinda I guess). If we don't stick together the sport/hobby/affliction we all love may go the way of the dinosaurs.

I only knew Vinny briefly but I know I liked him. If you are a car guy you are alright with me too!

Dave

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-18-2012, 11:40 AM
I hate to say it, but this place has lost something, at least for me, and i honestly don't think it's ever going to change. For a few years now i have had hope that the loss of Vinny would not stop what he set in motion, but this place has no leader, nobody to rally the troops, nobody to step in and say "STOP BITCHING" and so things have been on auto pilot for years now. We have moderators, but we don't have anyone bringing us together. Moontang and others have worked hard to keep the cruise ins happening and they've done a great job, but all of that starts right here and what's happening HERE is not something that brings people out to cruise ins. There has been way too much crying over that stupid Dirty Dozen shit and that drove away a lot of long time members. There's too much back stabbing on the classifieds. People don't come here to hang out and make friends anymore, they come here to sell something or talk shit. It's sad but if the classifieds were completely shut down and nobody was allowed to advertise for their business or sell anything, traffic to this forum would come down to probably 20 people if that, and those are the people we've seen come out to the last couple cruise ins. The last one i went to was Edgewater, and there might have been 15 cars there. I've spent almost an entire third of my life supporting this forum, but i feel that lately it's a sinking ship and unless something very drastic happens, i don't see it getting any better.

Katmandu
03-18-2012, 12:45 PM
x2 Terry. :bigthumb

We are a vanishing breed.

Kids today are into computers and Wii WAY more than the stuff most of us grew up wanting to do (I rode my first mini bike so much I got a rash on my rear and my mom took me to the doctor because she thought I had a disiese, it was kinda I guess).

If we don't stick together the sport/hobby/affliction we all love may go the way of the dinosaurs.x2

I think the Economy and Political climate we are in nowadays has really had a negative effect on everybody's attitudes.

White Lightning
03-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Seems simple to me. If you want to get back to the roots "bring the roots back" I'm pretty sure this site use to be about racing. It's not anymore. Bring your racers back

Katmandu
03-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Seems simple to me. If you want to get back to the roots "bring the roots back" I'm pretty sure this site use to be about racing. It's not anymore. Bring your racers backIt's never been all about racing.

How do you suggest the racers come back here ? :confused:

06V6Andrew
03-18-2012, 01:15 PM
i know why i joined this site. i came to get knowledge and to meet some guys that enjoy what i enjoy. Since i have been one here it's been nothing but heated arguments over something that should be simple as step up or shut up. you mess up a deal on a part, make it right. you believe your car is as fast or faster than someone else, prove it. when it's over, it's over and that's where it ends. to much arguing on here makes me not want to go to car shows or cruise-ins and meet people. that's just my .02 cents.

Brandon Alsept
03-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Bravo Terry you said it all right there.

The thing about the arguments and stuff is simple, with the amount of passion we all have with our cars, this hobby it brings out the greatest parts of us all. It also brings out the worst in us all as well. It is not to late to help bring this place back to what it was, it won't be easy and it will not happen overnight. We need to take it back to it's roots.

Start doing get togethers every other week on the different corners of this area so everyone gets a chance to meet face to face and isn't always a 45 minute drive. We have a QS&L in Milford , one in Colrain , we have hooters on the river, there are plenty of spots to meet and just hang out for a few hours. The track on Friday nights , or Thursday's.

So let's hear some ideas people let's get this place fun again.

SN95N/A
03-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm deffinately down for meeting up anywhere,he's right we need to do this more often,let's throw some ideas around

White Lightning
03-18-2012, 03:54 PM
It's never been all about racing.

How do you suggest the racers come back here ? :confused:

.they are still racing. They just switched sites.

redrocker
03-18-2012, 06:41 PM
beefcake , i was in hawaii in dec and meet up with some guys from hawaii performance mustangs . they were talking about u and ur cars . u are well known . . these guys had never meet me and they came to the hotel and picked us up . we went out to eat and check out cars . it was great , our love of stangs was what brought us together .

beefcake
03-18-2012, 06:44 PM
beefcake , i was in hawaii in dec and meet up with some guys from hawaii performance mustangs . they were talking about u and ur cars . u are well known . . these guys had never meet me and they came to the hotel and picked us up . we went out to eat and check out cars . it was great , our love of stangs was what brought us together .

those guys are pretty cool. i've sold some stuff to the guys out there as well. I'd love to make a trip out there at some point.

redrocker
03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
im going back in nov . i took a set of 99/01 cobra tail lights to 1 guy and sold a few things to others .

DSSKing68
03-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Bravo Terry you said it all right there.

The thing about the arguments and stuff is simple, with the amount of passion we all have with our cars, this hobby it brings out the greatest parts of us all. It also brings out the worst in us all as well. It is not to late to help bring this place back to what it was, it won't be easy and it will not happen overnight. We need to take it back to it's roots.

Start doing get togethers every other week on the different corners of this area so everyone gets a chance to meet face to face and isn't always a 45 minute drive. We have a QS&L in Milford , one in Colrain , we have hooters on the river, there are plenty of spots to meet and just hang out for a few hours. The track on Friday nights , or Thursday's.

So let's hear some ideas people let's get this place fun again.

I am totally in with this idea. I have been guilty of some shit here too, and I pledge to NOT bring up the Steelers, Politics, or anything else that is not related to cars or something current and relevant on the forum. Let's start getting together at QS&L in Milford for the Eastsiders.

This isn't rocket science to fix, we used to get together and hang out as friends. Let's just get back to that again.

Remember the parties? the cruise to louisville? the nights at Peacocks? The Great American Cruise? Nights at Hooters?

I know life sometimes gets in the way, but sometimes we just have to slow things down and make time.

I am changing my avatar as well, Steeler shit doesn't belong here. That is my first contribution to making the site a better place. The next is actually getting a Mustang...after the wedding and honeymoon of course.

:bigthumb

setty2706
03-18-2012, 11:16 PM
I have enjoyed the forum and have met alot of great people. I come on almost everyday to see progress and to read what like-minded people have to say. I wish i would have met Vinny simply because i hear nothing but great stories about him.
My story.... when it comes stangbangerz dates back to 2000.

I was a student at a vocational school and we had are yearly car show in Wilmington Ohio. I was in the process of painting my 1984 Turbo Gt in auto body class the week before the show and worked hard just to show it off. Mike bell was the auto tech teacher at the time and invited some Stangbangerz members to the show. I dont know who it was that showed up that day but i believe 2 or 3 members showed up with stangs. I stood and talked to a few of them about my car and it felt great to talk to guys that loved stangs like i do. I will never forget that day or how they made this young punk feel welcome. After many years of playing music i got out of the stang world but the day i decided to buy another one i tracked down this forum simply because i knew this was the home for me and my passion....

.I was super stoked to come to the preston cup last year even tho i currently didnt have a running mustang. I met a lot of good people that day and some crazy ones as well (sean)..:bigthumb

I could list about 10 members that i have been in contact with in the last year that i plan to keep in contact with for many years to come... I hope i didnt put anyone to sleep with my rant but i just wanted to share that this member hasnt been around like most of you but i do enjoy it here and hope it can become like the stories that i keep hearing about...

sean
03-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Lets get together. any reason to get the car out works for me.

jktruckin06
03-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Politics, religion and sports are all side topics to mustangs. Everyone has opinions about these things but like it's been said before, these same conversations in person take on a different feel.

At the end of the day if grown ass men can't still get together and have a beer after having an argument about Bengals vs Steelers or democrat vs republican... they need help.

I've stirred shit with people on here, but isn't that part of the whole car scene? Work on cars, joke and screw off then race cars...

I have also met some good guys on here just from buying stuff. Why does buying and selling have to be such a bad thing all the time?

Let's start a weekly restaurant hop. Let's pick a day that works for everyone and meet up at a different (or same) restaurant each week. Whoever shows up does and if you can't we'll be somewhere else next week. There are so many good places around 275!

I'll be the fat guy with the beard in the slow vert!

jeep45238
03-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Easy way to get the passion back for everybody:

Stop worrying about money, politics, popularity, achievements - whatever. In the end, all that crap is a rat race.

Go out there, and do what you love to do.

For me: I bust my ass every day before work getting ready for BMT in July. I have a bad ass job, and I like to think I'm damn good at what I do. I have a great, supportive family, and amazing friends who do amazing things. I've been in the wilds of North America away from civilization for most of my summers growing up. I've grown close to the earth and how she works in Canada and Michigan. I've sailed the great Lakes. I've done a fair amount for somebody of my age, I have a nice car and a great beat-em-up truck, I think, and yet none of that is my passion.

I get to teach American history and our heritage of how we became Americans - about the bad asses of yore, and the sacrifices of those that came before us made. I teach people some of those same skills of a rifle that people like Daniel Morgan and his crew used to ensure we would govern ourselves in future generations.

I've taken an oath to defend our Constitution from all threats, foreign and domestic, in front of God, military officers, strangers, and family.

My passion isn't mustangs, motorcycles, trucks, racing, sailing, wrenching, repair, modifications, or shooting (amazingly), contrary to popular belief. It is our nation that is my passion.

Turn the TV off, spend some time with your family, get active about what you care about - and I mean ACTIVE, not just sending out a letter now and then or saying how much you care about it on a social networking website.

Start doing your bucket list. And learn to live.

zoomie
03-19-2012, 08:51 AM
excellent post! the one thing that i see is that most boards all have a common thing ,it all about the cars. my self in particular have a unique view as my car takes alot more to get it to where i want it, but i go on stang boards all the time,and somehow i get recieved well, mine is a dd streetcar, havnt raced it yet,but i will this year,now that i have a new motor coming and not leaking oil everywhere. yall wanna read some funny stuff go checkout smallblockposse.com those guys crack me up yellowbullet has been goign through a big uproar latley too, but the main thing is that getting back to having goodtimes and hanging out and being brought together by a common denominator.a car

SJSlots
03-19-2012, 10:24 AM
I get the 'Type-A personality', couple of rams butting horns mentality thing. We're car guys and many here do race and as such we should expect that just flat out makes some here very competitive by nature. Mix business with pleasure and that can make it worse. Doesn't matter where we meet, how many show up regulary etc.. there are always going to be people that just don't get along and that's okay. Hopefuly though the majority would be just fine.

That said... I'm all for a cruise in time and place permitting. I don't know a single one of you so putting a few faces with names would interesting and I no doubt will pick up a couple of new ideas for things to do to my car.

All we can do is try and see how it goes. Worst that can happen is it fails and we're back to only talking to each other via a forum.

Dirtyd0g
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't think this is as possible as you want it to be. This site has some great people and some low lifes. The ratio certainly isn't the best. The majority of the people here are good people who are mostly interested in their cars and having a good fun time. Then you get the greedy self absorbed people who are just out to scam anyone they can. I have personally been scammed by several people on this site after treating them the way I would want to be treated. I wish I could say I felt like it is a community that looks out for each other but it just isn't.

For example if I were to post something about going out of town asking people here to watch my stuff for me while I am gone the chances of that stuff being stolen because of posting would go up. More than likely someone from the site that probably doesn't post much but reads all the time would be the person to come steal it.

As far as your reasons for this post well you reap what you sew. I'm going to keep this brief because I don't feel like getting into it again and letting you drag it all off topic making personal jabs at me. If you want respect you have to give respect. When you are wondering why certain people don't respect you the way you want them to consider how you treated them or one of their friends. You certainly never treated me with any respect so why would I treat you with respect?

By no means are you the worst type of person around here to deal with however. There are tons of great people but we certainly have some thieving bad apples in the mix. That makes everyone a little defensive wondering if the person they are dealing with is looking to scam them. The good thing about this site is people are allowed to rant when Cranfill rips them off on shoddy work, I can post about it when a friend of what used to be a respected member steals a converter and then sells it on this site. I can let everyone know that Rodney out in Blanchester with the yellow mustang has written both me and another one of my buddies both a bad check for parts and never did anything to make it right.

The issue isn't that the site or community has changed it has just grown and with growth you get more people, when you get more people not all of them are good people. Unless you go through and make it where only people who are refferred to the site with a good reputation can be on it all you can do is adapt to the changes.
Alan

k062693w
03-19-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't think this is as possible as you want it to be. This site has some great people and some low lifes. The ratio certainly isn't the best. The majority of the people here are good people who are mostly interested in their cars and having a good fun time. Then you get the greedy self absorbed people who are just out to scam anyone they can. I have personally been scammed by several people on this site after treating them the way I would want to be treated. I wish I could say I felt like it is a community that looks out for each other but it just isn't.

For example if I were to post something about going out of town asking people here to watch my stuff for me while I am gone the chances of that stuff being stolen because of posting would go up. More than likely someone from the site that probably doesn't post much but reads all the time would be the person to come steal it.

As far as your reasons for this post well you reap what you sew. I'm going to keep this brief because I don't feel like getting into it again and letting you drag it all off topic making personal jabs at me. If you want respect you have to give respect. When you are wondering why certain people don't respect you the way you want them to consider how you treated them or one of their friends. You certainly never treated me with any respect so why would I treat you with respect?

By no means are you the worst type of person around here to deal with however. There are tons of great people but we certainly have some thieving bad apples in the mix. That makes everyone a little defensive wondering if the person they are dealing with is looking to scam them. The good thing about this site is people are allowed to rant when Cranfill rips them off on shoddy work, I can post about it when a friend of what used to be a respected member steals a converter and then sells it on this site. I can let everyone know that Rodney out in Blanchester with the yellow mustang has written both me and another one of my buddies both a bad check for parts and never did anything to make it right.

The issue isn't that the site or community has changed it has just grown and with growth you get more people, when you get more people not all of them are good people. Unless you go through and make it where only people who are refferred to the site with a good reputation can be on it all you can do is adapt to the changes.
Alan

WOW !!! Let's make it personal ... LMFAO

06V6Andrew
03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
you know what i do like about this site? If you post a question, no matter how stupid it is, someone will give you an answer without being a jackass. Go to mustang forum and ask the same question and watch all of the jackasses come out to make fun of you. if it wasn't for some of the perks from that site i wouldn't be on there.

Gstang117
03-19-2012, 08:44 PM
We are a vanishing breed. Kids today are into computers and Wii WAY more than the stuff most of us grew up wanting to do

I agree with this^

Also can we get some hangouts going around the lower portions of dayton?
I know Mike had a get together at his shop a while back, and I missed it. Still kicking myself in the ass for that one.

Xowner
03-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Where is the next get together?, As soon as my car gets done be painted im Rocking the wheels off it with or without you guys. Plated is my car done?

IWRBB
03-20-2012, 08:40 AM
You reap what you sew.

Hahah. You mean sow? Going to be hungry reaping what you sew.

jktruckin06
03-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Thread is actually very filling.

CNTLOSE
03-20-2012, 09:49 AM
I joined the site years ago, but after the passing of Vinney. I think this is still a great local resource, but the site does seem to be dying a slow death. I remember logging on years ago and having two or three pages of new posts. Now you have to go a day or two to get that many.

I belong to a SSP board and the admin there are very strict. When heated BS starts or unwarranted bashing begins the thread is locked down. None of this letting it go forever. All that does is put a bad taste in everyones mouth. We are a group (SSP) from all over the US and we still manage to get together 2 or 3 times a year. If we as a national group can do that, then us as a local Stangbangerz group should be able to get together twice a year. (Spring and Fall cruise.)

Tri-State Mustang puts on a show every year. Now I know years ago they were not too happy about some burnouts in years past, but maybe that would be an event to look back into??? Another idea is monthly get togethers. A local off-road group gets together the first Monday of every month for dinner and bs'ing. Maybe something like that? or just setting up a certain TT day for the site to show up in force?

Just some thoughts and ideas. I hate to see a local stand site just die.

bestracing
03-20-2012, 10:13 AM
If you want a site to expand and be what it once was you have to have people that will go out of their way and respond to any question even if it's just to say "I don't know but hope someone else does". Interaction is what made this site great and Vinny was great at it.

If 10 people took the effort to just respond it makes people feel like they belong and are wanted. Leave a post go without a single response and why would someone want to come back. I know because I have faced the same problems on other sites.

Also, take personal, off topic, stuff like "you owe me", "No, you owe me", "Well come on over and get it" discussions off the board and send it by PM's. If you have a personal beef (not refering any names) with someone quit following them to every single post and making comments. There is a sellers review area, make your statement and leave it at that.

Politics and sports, their fun and there is a spot for this called the Whipping Room.

Add some smilies to your post to get your point across. Some things can be taken negatively when meant to be a joke and a smilie can help with that like :D

People look up to the Moderators to see what is tolerated and how they should act. Treat people the way you want others to treat other members. Also if the leaders/moderators aren't posting much why would other members want to post? Lead by example, post whore if you have to :bigthumb

Katmandu
03-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Politics, religion and sports are all side topics to mustangs. Everyone has opinions about these things but like it's been said before, these same conversations in person take on a different feel.

At the end of the day if grown ass men can't still get together and have a beer after having an argument about Bengals vs Steelers or democrat vs republican... they need help.Very true. :bigthumb Off Mustang topics give folks other avenues to bond on. That is what this General forum is for.

If you don't care to about these topics, then don't bother reading them. To each his own.

And yes, Emotioncons do go a long way in getting one's point across in the intended manner. Otherwise, the written message does get misinterpreted quite often.

redfirepearlgt
03-22-2012, 12:34 PM
So come out to Milford QSL Sunday 3/25 @ 5:00pm. Building friendships, bonds, and mending bridges starts face-to-face. Not got your car together? Come out in the Family truckster anyway! It's just as much about making friends as it is about making mustangs go faster IMO.

jktruckin06
03-22-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm gonna start adding smilies to my posts, but only the one flipping the bird!

I may come out with the wife and her vert... hello Kitty floor mats and all.

uknowho1702
03-24-2012, 10:11 PM
10915A Dixie hwy Walton Ky 41094 Endurance Motorsports welcomes any and all cars every tueday night from 7pm until everyone decides to leave. This is in the richwood flea market parking lot so all they ask is pick up your trash and if your going to bust them off drive the mile to the e way. I hope to see some of you guys out here eventually. Oh and this place crawls with imports but we all repect the fact that we all just love cars and the hobby.

jmuddiman
03-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Terry, You speak the truth that hits deep, It really is a passion and a lifestyle. From Ford or just the mustangs. My family members have been working for Ford for over 50 years and it is true passion that I will take to my grave.
I have yet to be on this website even a year at this point. I have already met a few great guys that have helped in my 91 vert resto.

If we do not have moderators, I will gladly assist is getting this site where we all would like to see it. If people continue to rant and be outlandish for no given reason lets get them out of here. Their are hundreds of mustang websites for those guys. Lets simply create a family like atmosphere where we can offer and ask friends for help or advice.
If the classifieds are an issue, they can post items on Craigslist. Or just have the wanted section here so our users can pm if they have something somebody wants.

I am not sure how many fellow Bangerz have fallen off the site in the past few years, but we have A LOT of talented, bright, passionate individuals on this site and I would love to see it stay that way.

So no one take this the wrong way. And as quoted before. "If you do not have something good to say", please do not post. It may not happen anytime soon but if you cannot be respectful to others, you antagonize fighting/ auguring (Outside of ranting thread) you will most likely be banned from using this site.

Lets all please have a great time and enjoy the site as it was meant to be when Vinny originated it. Big thanks to everyone that has helped out fellow bangerz in the past and has respected this site.

I look forward to 2012 on here and meeting you guys at summer events.
:cheers::rockon:

White Lightning
03-25-2012, 03:37 AM
Terry, You speak the truth that hits deep, It really is a passion and a lifestyle. From Ford or just the mustangs. My family members have been working for Ford for over 50 years and it is true passion that I will take to my grave.
I have yet to be on this website even a year at this point. I have already met a few great guys that have helped in my 91 vert resto.

If we do not have moderators, I will gladly assist is getting this site where we all would like to see it. If people continue to rant and be outlandish for no given reason lets get them out of here. Their are hundreds of mustang websites for those guys. Lets simply create a family like atmosphere where we can offer and ask friends for help or advice.
If the classifieds are an issue, they can post items on Craigslist. Or just have the wanted section here so our users can pm if they have something somebody wants.

I am not sure how many fellow Bangerz have fallen off the site in the past few years, but we have A LOT of talented, bright, passionate individuals on this site and I would love to see it stay that way.

So no one take this the wrong way. And as quoted before. "If you do not have something good to say", please do not post. It may not happen anytime soon but if you cannot be respectful to others, you antagonize fighting/ auguring (Outside of ranting thread) you will most likely be banned from using this site.

Lets all please have a great time and enjoy the site as it was meant to be when Vinny originated it. Big thanks to everyone that has helped out fellow bangerz in the past and has respected this site.

I look forward to 2012 on here and meeting you guys at summer events.
:cheers::rockon:
You have a good thought here but it is flawed. This sites down fall is its moderators and over moderating. After Vinnys passing his wife placed new moderators and admins in power that she felt could control certain outbursts.

She ment well but the new mods had their little power trips and got ban happy. Now most older members are banned or left on their own and bad mods vs old mods battle broke out and now hearing from them are few and far between. This is a broken place. It's finally turned into a Craigslist of Ford parts.
If you want to fix this site id start by closing the classified sections until the main forum picks back up.

KYGTP
03-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Terry, great post. I for one feel "privileged" to be on this site, considering I don't even own a mustang, and you guys have "taken" me in. I do want to thank Moontang for telling to get on here and be a part of this site!!

For me, to just be a part of a local club that loves cars, and racing is what it is all about. I have met alot of great guys here on the board over the past couple of years I have been on here and met many more being at the track all summer.

One good example is at the end of the race season when I put a different motor in my car, took it to the track and on the second pass, I put a nice big hole in the side of the block. Guess who help me push it on the trailer??? STANGBANGERZ members!!! I could not thank you guys enough for the help.

I am getting very close to getting the "Preston Cup" details hammered out, and once I do that, Moontang and I will post up details of the day. It will be a great time for all of us to get together, at a closed track, enjoy a day of friendly racing and hanging out. AND it is free, just ask that you get something from the bake sale:D

Anyways, I am not on here a lot, but I do love to share my car stories and hear everyone elses.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
10915A Dixie hwy Walton Ky 41094 Endurance Motorsports welcomes any and all cars every tueday night from 7pm until everyone decides to leave. This is in the richwood flea market parking lot so all they ask is pick up your trash and if your going to bust them off drive the mile to the e way. I hope to see some of you guys out here eventually. Oh and this place crawls with imports but we all repect the fact that we all just love cars and the hobby.

When i get mine back on the road, i'll probably check this out.

cobrajoe
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
subscribing:popcorn:

four6trix
04-28-2012, 07:21 AM
I still remember how excited I was when I found this site a few years ago as a freshman in college. I didn't know very many people on campus, let alone a good group of car guys. Granted, I'm all the way up around Dayton, but I've always been pumped anytime a SBZ cruise-in was coming up.

Over my relatively short history with this site, I've truly been inspired by some of the random acts of kindness from one complete stranger to another that I've witnessed take place by the members here

There is just something special about this site, which I'm guessing was put in place by your friend Vinny years ago :angel: There's no other way I can explain why I still feel compelled to log in and check things out on a regular basis. Hell, the very first thing I did a month ago as I sat in a dealership lobby waiting for delivery of my first Cobra was to log in here on my phone and tell a bunch of (to me) strangers!

I do believe that there is still hope for the site. I admire the way that "redfirepearlgt" has stepped up and really tried to pull the group together. I won't miss the Spring cruise for the world. I'll be there in the black Cobra 'vert :bigthumb

jktruckin06
04-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Yep it seems redfirepearlgt has been really going above and beyond to get people together. Pretty awesome.

beefcake
04-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Yep it seems redfirepearlgt has been really going above and beyond to get people together. Pretty awesome.

he's doing a great job!

redfirepearlgt
04-28-2012, 02:43 PM
^^^Kind words, but no thanks/recognition needed. It's an honor. Hope you all can make it out to an event or two this 2012 season. Event plans are only a small part of the equation. It's not an event without you all coming out. Thanks for the support.

Looking to do something up around Dayton June or July even if its just a monthly planned Saturday/Sunday Cruise in. So Cincy, NKY, and Indiana members get your cruising hats ready. More to come. Dayton folks PM me with ideas. I don't know the area. Thanks.

Katmandu
04-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Looking to do something up around Dayton June or July even if its just a monthly planned Saturday/Sunday Cruise in. So Cincy, NKY, and Indiana members get your cruising hats ready. More to come. Dayton folks PM me with ideas. I don't know the area. Thanks.The Cruises to the USAF Museum was always a great cruise! :bigthumb Everyone enjoyed it! Time for another one! :bigthumb

redfirepearlgt
04-29-2012, 07:55 AM
The Cruises to the USAF Museum was always a great cruise! :bigthumb Everyone enjoyed it! Time for another one! :bigthumb

I remember reading about those. Was thinking aout that. Like the idea of doing things that bring back good memories. Thanks for the feedback.

Maximus
04-29-2012, 08:38 AM
The Great American Cruise. Theres video floating around here somewhere and I think i have a box of flags leftover.

Gstang117
04-29-2012, 08:51 AM
The Cruises to the USAF Museum was always a great cruise! :bigthumb Everyone enjoyed it! Time for another one! :bigthumb

This!!!! :drool:
I love me some planes

mustang8998
04-29-2012, 11:53 AM
The Great American Cruise. Theres video floating around here somewhere and I think i have a box of flags leftover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zLsffea8_c

One I found...

redfirepearlgt
04-29-2012, 12:53 PM
This!!!! :drool:
I love me some planes

I worked in the F-14 community at NAS Miramar (AIMD) for 4 years and served aboard USS Constellation (CV-64)prior to that as an Aviation Electrician (AIMD). Nothing like the smell of JP exhaust coming from the AB's of an F-14 Tomcat prepped and cleared to launch on a Catapult. And the sound? Only thing better is a Mach 1+ fly-bye 500 to 1000 feet off the deck. The F/A 18's, EA6B, A6E's, E2C's, S-3's, and helo's were all great in their own way but had noting on the light/sound show of an F-14 launching at full military with A/B's burnin'.

Mr.Moontang
04-29-2012, 01:29 PM
You have my attention with a possible resurrection of the Great American Cruise!!!! By the way it looks like I was right with replacing myself with Chad, the fresh insight and enthusiasm is a great fit!!! You are making some awesome headway with SBZ's morale!!!