PDA

View Full Version : Fav Kmember

Mbubby61
04-02-2012, 04:52 AM
Need a Kmember and coil overs for my 85 fox,, what is your fav ! qa1, upr, aje

oh and what spring rate should i use. it is a hatchback, 5 liter.. Needing to raise the front end up so the 18's will clear..

Jeff88coupe
04-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Team Z or PA racing

14" 175 or 200# should work ok for you on the street.

NXcoupe
04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
UPR is the only k I use. I think 14-150's would suffice.

inferno50
04-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Pa worked great for me

Blowpastyou
04-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Pa, Racecraft, or Team Z. UPR is JUNK!!

Adam@S&MMotorsports
04-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Pa, Racecraft, or Team Z. UPR is JUNK!!

X2:bigthumb

cstreu1026
04-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Only one I wouldn't buy is a QA1. Not that the quality is bad but its screws with the suspension geometry too much and does funny things.

RIXXX93GT
04-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Everything I have seen from Team Z has been top notch.

Rich
04-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Another vote for Team Z. I have their front end kit and it's top notch super quality!

cstreu1026
04-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Not to take anything away from those companies but There are an awful lot of people going faster than pretty much everyone on this site with those junk UPR parts.

BlazinEagle
04-02-2012, 11:41 PM
I have had PA and AJE...Both great pieces

Tabitha
04-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Love my AJE, have one on both my coupes.

MrMustang99GT
04-04-2012, 05:38 AM
I used a PA in my 99 Mod Motor car, had fitment issues with the headers and had to clearance the k member.. Put a AJE in a 04 Mach with Long tube hookers and damn it,
nothing fit, not happy at all with the K.. I put a UPR in my fox and had absolutely no fitment issues.. It's the chrome moly unit, tig welded in a fixture, so there is NO junk here...

5.0calypso93lx
04-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Not to take anything away from those companies but There are an awful lot of people going faster than pretty much everyone on this site with those junk UPR parts.

It's more than that. UPR has been known to buy parts and make direct knock offs of them and try and sell them as their own. There's plenty of threads on corral about it.

I've had 3 different Team Z k members in my car and all 3 have fit perfectly. Dave's customer service is second to none.

cstreu1026
04-04-2012, 08:34 AM
The only company I've ever heard of ripping off other people's designs is Granatelli's and their obvious copy of Maximum Motorsports' K member so that would be news to me.

5.0calypso93lx
04-04-2012, 08:44 AM
The only company I've ever heard of ripping off other people's designs is Granatelli's and their obvious copy of Maximum Motorsports' K member so that would be news to me.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/1347201-unauthorized-product-reproductions-strikes-again.html

cstreu1026
04-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Well questionable business practices does not neccasarily mean what they sell is junk and/or doesn't work.

5.0calypso93lx
04-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Well questionable business practices does not neccasarily mean what they sell is junk and/or doesn't work.

I'm not going to argue that but you definitely will not see me recomending a business that follows those business practices.

Blowpastyou
04-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Fast people that run upr run it because of the cost... Free... IDE be willing to bet that their choice would be one of the 3 I listed. Cstreu1026 you would run a Qa1 if It was zero dollars too.

cstreu1026
04-04-2012, 11:31 AM
I have a a QA1 because it was cheap. Knowing what I know now I would have bought a UPR because instead because of price and the fact that it doesn't have the issues of the QA1.

I doubt the racers sporting UPR parts and winning championships wouldn't be willing risk the hundreds of thousands of dollars they've spent on the rest of their car and their own lives to substandard parts because they were free or even paid to use it.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Team Z or Maximum Motorsports if its a street/track car

2Kblacksleeper
04-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Team Z is my choice.

NXcoupe
04-05-2012, 03:12 PM
You know this board and a lot of others would be a lot easier to be around if people wouldn't be the way they are. If you didn't use it because of business practices, or because all your friends like another type, cool, then say I like this one and move on. To bash a product that someone else uses and then give no examples or reasoning for it, but label it as 'junk' is just not cool. Seems like people just love to argue, or 'stir up shit', or 'get under people's skin'. I would just once like to see a thread on here where everyone acted civil towards each other and realized we all like the same hobby. Everyone has different likes and dislikes, which is why there are so many different K member companies. The corral sheeple have killed a lot of good products, nearly killed Twisted Wedges back in the 90's, but fortunately they handled it well and survived.
Just agree to disagree. No one is going to change anyone else's mind in this thread, so just drop it. I hardly get on here anymore because of all the bullshit, but since I'm kind of part of it, I still try to muddle through the muck.

90stang
04-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Well i can say that i had bought a UPR k member and i didnt like the way it fit so i returned it and bought a team z k member and they are top notch very nice looking too.

5.0calypso93lx
04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
You know this board and a lot of others would be a lot easier to be around if people wouldn't be the way they are. If you didn't use it because of business practices, or because all your friends like another type, cool, then say I like this one and move on. To bash a product that someone else uses and then give no examples or reasoning for it, but label it as 'junk' is just not cool. Seems like people just love to argue, or 'stir up shit', or 'get under people's skin'. I would just once like to see a thread on here where everyone acted civil towards each other and realized we all like the same hobby. Everyone has different likes and dislikes, which is why there are so many different K member companies. The corral sheeple have killed a lot of good products, nearly killed Twisted Wedges back in the 90's, but fortunately they handled it well and survived.
Just agree to disagree. No one is going to change anyone else's mind in this thread, so just drop it. I hardly get on here anymore because of all the bullshit, but since I'm kind of part of it, I still try to muddle through the muck.

Not sure who that's aimed at but I did bring up business practices so I'll asume it's me. If that is the case, I specifically called out that I have used 3 different Team Z k members, all of which I've yet to have any fitment issues with. I'd also put it out there that I highly doubt anyone has better customer service than Dave. I sure as hell don't hear about UPR out at test and tunes helping their customers out.

Blowpastyou
04-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Cry me a river mike. I said Upr is junk.. Cause it is. I've owned all said companies products and hands down upr is the lowest quality, poorest fitment out there. The guy made a post about k member opinions and he got it.

Maximus
04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
QA1....I took it off my Coupe for a PA. Pushed the wheels out and had to grind down the heads of the bolts to fit. I never will own one again, even for Free.

PA Racing....Excellent quality and customer service! I have used them on my Fox body's and SN's with great success.

Team Z....Never have used them. We did install a couple on a couple different customers Stangs and they fit well.

UPR.....Never had used them or installed them

AJE...see above

Granatelli....see above

Maxmum....see above

Good luck with whatever you choose!:bigthumb

NXcoupe
04-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Cry me a river mike. I said Upr is junk.. Cause it is. I've owned all said companies products and hands down upr is the lowest quality, poorest fitment out there. The guy made a post about k member opinions and he got it.

Drop it, you missed the point. I'm not crying, couldn't care less what anyone likes or doesn't like around here. Just tired of all the bitchin, so I'll just keep out of it.

Not sure who that's aimed at but I did bring up business practices so I'll asume it's me. If that is the case, I specifically called out that I have used 3 different Team Z k members, all of which I've yet to have any fitment issues with. I'd also put it out there that I highly doubt anyone has better customer service than Dave. I sure as hell don't hear about UPR out at test and tunes helping their customers out.

Wasn't pointed at anyone. Glad you're happy with what you have.

SATURNV
04-05-2012, 05:36 PM
When I do get around to putting a K member into my SVO I only know two things... It won't be from UPR, or Granetelli.

I won't support businesses that blatantly rip off other companies.

It will either be Team Z, AJE or MM.

Kwik92GT
04-05-2012, 08:38 PM
It's more than that. UPR has been known to buy parts and make direct knock offs of them and try and sell them as their own. There's plenty of threads on corral about it.

I've had 3 different Team Z k members in my car and all 3 have fit perfectly. Dave's customer service is second to none.

I will NEVER buy another part from UPR. In the Corral thread you posted above, the vacuum tree that got copied by them, well, that was a very good friend of mine that had that happen to him. True story and I know it to be FACT. I know the story inside and out. It's the very reason I won't buy from them. Nothing to do with quality, which may or may not be good, EVERYTHING to do with integrity and being a bunch of shady assholes.

On to the question at hand. I own a QA1. Biggest POS part I've ever bought for my car. I had to modify the crap out of it, and other components that attach to it, just to get it to work decently, so I would say stay far far away from them. Have worked with and used PA and Team Z, the quality and fitment were top notch for both. Dave at Team Z has EXCELLENT customer service if that's important to you.