PDA

View Full Version : New Dyno numbers - S/M motorsports

redfirepearlgt
04-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Well Sir... I was looking for some rework of idle, driveability, and revisit the A/F being the gas mileage after the LT's and attempts to resolve tune issues long distance by a previous service provider was not being resolved over revised email tunes. Sooooooooo...after a nice chat with Adam and a date to have him work his magic on the car, the results are back with better idle, improved driveability and improved efficiency on a conservative tune.

Adam first stated this morning that his dyno was producing numbers on HP/T about 4% lower than actual. A calculation of my last dyno sheet produced an esimated result of 454/427 (Brenspeed dynojet results 472/445 @ 6500 RPM9/2011). The actual baseline pull ended up being 458/428, ...pretty close to my calculation, which confirmed his number.After the baseline pull, I installed a new 110mm JLT CAI (for looks more than anything) to replace the rediculous looking factory inlet tube and Steeda CAi on the vehicle.

After working his voodoo, with imrpoved idle recovery, better driveability, etc., the final WOT run produced :eek:479.37 RWHP/446.12 T @ 6200 RPM.:eek: (Asked him to rev limit at 6300). So it is safe to say that finla results are 480/446 conservatively.

The tune is conservative and he stated that there was mor epower to get if I wanted it, but I declined being the numbers are pushing the limits of the low end.

Thanks Adam for the assistance and professionalism.

DSSKing68
04-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Great numbers...you have to be happy about the results!

zlou363lx
04-04-2012, 05:04 PM
great numbers. how did it drive after?

nice meeting you today.

adragon72
04-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Congrats Adam does good work!

Roush GT
04-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Thats great man!! i hope to be in your shoes one day. I have to get my suspension installed first though. I'm anxious to get it done and move on to the next project.

qwk93ta
04-04-2012, 05:59 PM
What do you have done to your car?

kennebellcobra
04-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Congrats Chad! Adam is the man!

redfirepearlgt
04-04-2012, 07:03 PM
What do you have done to your car?

Uh, window tint and a shorty antenna. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............:D

More seriously, cams, S/C (twin screw pulleyed @ 9 psi), LT's, OR Xpipe, CAI, 39# FI's, magnaflows, kennebell boost-a-pump on the power side.

redfirepearlgt
04-04-2012, 07:09 PM
great numbers. how did it drive after?

nice meeting you today.

Same here Lou. I did not really have my mind on anything other than getting home and getting in to work. Throttle up is much better. No stumbling/hesitation like it used to do if you goosed the throttle in fifth. Idle appears much more stable, doesn't dip as it did, a little with A/C on (expected) but not concerned about that.

redfirepearlgt
04-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Thank ya gents, but thanks goes to Adam. I just drove it in and drove it home. I told him if they will get him some nice clean small window stickers, I'd gladly remove the one logo and replace it with his. Plus they should get him some big rear window ones for those who like that style as well. It is a comfort to know that if there are some minor issues in driveability he's near by and willing to help. I'm always happy to pay a fair price for good work and/or good parts.

SJSlots
04-04-2012, 09:28 PM
That's awesome Chad! Gotta love that!

Adam@S&MMotorsports
04-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Well Sir... I was looking for some rework of idle, driveability, and revisit the A/F being the gas mileage after the LT's and attempts to resolve tune issues long distance by a previous service provider was not being resolved over revised email tunes. Sooooooooo...after a nice chat with Adam and a date to have him work his magic on the car, the results are back with better idle, improved driveability and improved efficiency on a conservative tune.

Adam first stated this morning that his dyno was producing numbers on HP/T about 4% lower than actual. A calculation of my last dyno sheet produced an esimated result of 454/427 (Brenspeed dynojet results 472/445 @ 6500 RPM9/2011). The actual baseline pull ended up being 458/428, ...pretty close to my calculation, which confirmed his number.After the baseline pull, I installed a new 110mm JLT CAI (for looks more than anything) to replace the rediculous looking factory inlet tube and Steeda CAi on the vehicle.

After working his voodoo, with imrpoved idle recovery, better driveability, etc., the final WOT run produced :eek:479.37 RWHP/446.12 T @ 6200 RPM.:eek: (Asked him to rev limit at 6300). So it is safe to say that finla results are 480/446 conservatively.

The tune is conservative and he stated that there was mor epower to get if I wanted it, but I declined being the numbers are pushing the limits of the low end.

Thanks Adam for the assistance and professionalism.

Thanks Chad! I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to earn your business. As always I stand be hind everything that I do, do not hesitate to call if you have any issues or questions. Oh and it's Easy Street Speed & Kustoms now :lol:

zlou363lx
04-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Oh and it's Easy Street Speed & Kustoms now :lol:

i'm leaving the sticker on my truck...ha

redfirepearlgt
04-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks Chad! I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to earn your business. As always I stand be hind everything that I do, do not hesitate to call if you have any issues or questions. Oh and it's Easy Street Speed & Kustoms now :lol:

:oOoops, my bad. Thought they were keeping your name as it were a division under Easy street Speed and Kustoms. My bad. :o

Adam@S&MMotorsports
04-05-2012, 08:55 AM
:oOoops, my bad. Thought they were keeping your name as it were a division under Easy street Speed and Kustoms. My bad. :o

No worries ;)

2Fast4You
04-05-2012, 09:09 AM
I have to say as well that Adam does a great job, awesome numbers for an everyday street driven vehicle Chad, Enjoy...

5.0calypso93lx
04-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Good stuff Chad and Adam!

redfirepearlgt
04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
I have to say as well that Adam does a great job, awesome numbers for an everyday street driven vehicle Chad, Enjoy...

Good stuff Chad and Adam!

Thanks.

BTW James - when did you move to New Richmond? THought you were down around Norwood still?

5.0calypso93lx
04-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks.

BTW James - when did you move to New Richmond? THought you were down around Norwood still?

Bought a foreclosure out there back in January of 2011. I've got a few more things to do to it before I'm ready to put it on the market. These 40 minute drives to work with no traffic are SUCKING. If anyone is interested in a 3 bed 2.5 bath 1850sf home built in 2006 with an oversized 2 car garage on a wooded lot lemme know LOL! It's in a USDA loan qualified area which means you could potentially walk into it with $0 down and no PMI.

redfirepearlgt
04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Bought a foreclosure out there back in January of 2011. I've got a few more things to do to it before I'm ready to put it on the market. These 40 minute drives to work with no traffic are SUCKING. If anyone is interested in a 3 bed 2.5 bath 1850sf home built in 2006 with an oversized 2 car garage on a wooded lot lemme know LOL! It's in a USDA loan qualified area which means you could potentially walk into it with $0 down and no PMI.

PM me the details and the address so I can look it up on HC auditors site. I started a new job in January (same place your gpa worked without mentioning the co. name) so I am in a position to consider a slight upgrade in home.