PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds

Maximus
04-12-2012, 11:04 PM
With a lot of people complaining maybe there should be something done. Im thinking if people are on here just to sell something, then lets make it like Traders World and make them pay a fee. Hell with it, make everyone pay a small fee to hock their parts. We could get rid of the 100 post count requirement and if someone actully has TO PAY to list their stuff, it might make them a bit more honest.
The money can go right into Holly's PP account and that way NO ONE can Bitch about their low post counts AND it would help Holly out with the financial end of keeping SBZ around.

What do you say, $1 an ad? Hell, Ill pay $5 for my ad so whos with me? No more restrictions on posting ads! You can post as many ads as you want! Holly has an extra income to offset the websites costs! Its a win for everyone!! WOHOO!! Lets start this ASAP!! :bigthumb

Moody
04-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Not to be an ass and this is a for real question because I have not a clue. But what does it cost yearly to keep this website running?

Buckeye
04-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I think whiny people should be banned (this is hot rods , not room for crying!) BUT if need be I am ok with it

Moody
04-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Well idk if this would work or not. I don't see people paying to post stuff and I understand the point your trying to make but how about let's say 100 posts to sell stuff or they pay 5 bucks and it waives the 100 post count.

Maximus
04-12-2012, 11:36 PM
No idea. Ive asked before and never got an answer.....

But who cares! A single $1 to target your EXACT potential customer?! Hell yeah! Thats a smoking deal!! Id pay $5 for my Coupe Ad, so $1 is a small price to pay! Post as much stuff as you want! I mean, paying $1 to sell your Pony Wheels for $300? $1 Your Old Systemax Intake for $250? Thats a TERRIFIC cost to sell ratio!! One ad, One item, $1!! Hell YES!!!

Lets do it!! Whos with me? We can get a SHITLOAD of new members and place NO restrictions on them!! Hock all the Mustang/Capri...HELL, ANY ITEMS (no guns) can be sold on here for cheap!! AND it helps Holly out to lessen her financial burden!! That in my book is a Big Ole WIN WIN for everyone!!:bigthumb

:sbowns:

Maximus
04-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Well idk if this would work or not. I don't see people paying to post stuff and I understand the point your trying to make but how about let's say 100 posts to sell stuff or they pay 5 bucks and it waives the 100 post count.

No No no....We are all in this together! $1 an ad. Is that too much to pay? I mean, is it free to host this site? Is it free to have the moderators on here? (Actually it is. We are still here for our Love of Vinny)
Whats a $1 when you are selling ANYTHING??:)

bkstang95
04-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Just another way to drive people away from the site IMO...hell, just get rid of the section all together!

Maximus
04-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Just another way to drive people away from the site IMO...hell, just get rid of the section all together!

Dont be so negative. Ive seen you get a Killer deal on some rims in here. :bigthumb

bkstang95
04-12-2012, 11:41 PM
That transaction had nothing to do with sbz...

Maximus
04-12-2012, 11:44 PM
It sure did start a shit storm on here thou! :lol:

Moody
04-12-2012, 11:53 PM
So how does this place make money?

Maximus
04-12-2012, 11:58 PM
So how does this place make money?

The paying sponsors on here. There is a section just for them to post up their services and parts. Every SBZ should support them.:bigthumb

Moody
04-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Gotcha. Well ill be tipping my hat to a few sponsors here next week the duke nukem built is running and driving. I work in a gun store so I'm just trying to think of ways we bring new people in and make some cash. For instance we have a lever action for raffle its a 500$ gun and we sell 500 tickets at ten bucks a piece. It works for the people I know but idk how it would work here. I would pay 10 bucks to have a 1 in 500 chance to say win a gift car to a Cincinnati speed shop worth 500 bucks. That's 5k the group gives the speed shop 500$ so really they arnt losing anything and the site keeps 4500. Do it once a year.

Whyucryn
04-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Wow.........

Maximus
04-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Gotcha. Well ill be tipping my hat to a few sponsors here next week the duke nukem built is running and driving. I work in a gun store so I'm just trying to think of ways we bring new people in and make some cash. For instance we have a lever action for raffle its a 500$ gun and we sell 500 tickets at ten bucks a piece. It works for the people I know but idk how it would work here. I would pay 10 bucks to have a 1 in 500 chance to say win a gift car to a Cincinnati speed shop worth 500 bucks. That's 5k the group gives the speed shop 500$ so really they arnt losing anything and the site keeps 4500. Do it once a year.

There are some good shops on here so you should be good to go.:bigthumb

Wow.........
One word from Rob? Whoa.

Whyucryn
04-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Yeah I'm just gonna stand on the sidelines and eat the popcorn. I know what it cost to run a site and what vendors usually pay. Hopefully it all works out!!

Moody
04-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Well I hope it all gets sorted out because my car got completed with the help of people on here no where else.

Maximus
04-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Yeah I'm just gonna stand on the sidelines and eat the popcorn. I know what it cost to run a site and what vendors usually pay. Hopefully it all works out!!

So you think $1 is too much to pay to sell something? Seems like a small amount to target a Mustang potential customer.

Whyucryn
04-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Seems like a hassle to me. The dollar isn't the problem but what if everyone don't have a PayPal?? What if someone is only selling their stuff because they lost their job and have to sell off things to feed/take care of their family?? What happens when someone sells a stolen part and stangbangerz was paid to advertise this stolen part?? Just sounds ridiculous and greedy. It's almost like stangbangerz is trying to be like the government and trying to tax you for selling your part or whatever.

Whyucryn
04-13-2012, 02:14 AM
Who cares about a post count. If someone signs up just to sell parts, that's just more of a chance for the rest of us to get a good deal on stuff. Maybe have a trader/buyer/seller feedback so there's a little security on who you deal with. At the end of the day this is a forum. A mustang website. A place to share a hobby and meet friends.... Not a business

jad0087
04-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Who cares about a post count. If someone signs up just to sell parts, that's just more of a chance for the rest of us to get a good deal on stuff. Maybe have a trader/buyer/seller feedback so there's a little security on who you deal with. At the end of the day this is a forum. A mustang website. A place to share a hobby and meet friends.... Not a business

couldnt agree more

302coupe
04-13-2012, 04:11 AM
ok so for the ones of us who have never owned a website. How much does it cost a year to keep this site up and running??
my post are low because i keep my two cents to myself. i have fallen out of the mustang scean due to buying a house gettig married and now im divorced and want to buy another mustang soon.

Markcore
04-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Classifieds is the ONLY reason I log on anymore...

jktruckin06
04-13-2012, 06:04 AM
I say do it. It'll also weed out all the bullshit ads that people post with no pictures, location (if not shown on profile) and price. People will put in the effort when it costs them money.

Really a good idea maximus... even a broke clock is right twice a day I guess.

Gearhead
04-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Who cares about a post count. If someone signs up just to sell parts, that's just more of a chance for the rest of us to get a good deal on stuff. Maybe have a trader/buyer/seller feedback so there's a little security on who you deal with. At the end of the day this is a forum.

This.
Also, who is going to monitor who has paid their $1 to post in the classifieds ?? Sure, you can Paypal it to Holly, but the Mods/Admins wouldn't know that unless they were in contact with her on a regular basis, which I'm sure they aren't. Seems like it would be more work for her and the Mods/Admins, who probably barely have enough time now to monitor the site.

cstreu1026
04-13-2012, 07:01 AM
I say just do away with the damn classifieds because it causes more trouble than its worth and I am sick of of whining and bitching about it. Back in the day when people actually got on the Modular Depot board it was something like 25 post minimum to even view the classifieds and 50 or 100 posts to be able to sell something. No one there bitched about it. I've been on a lot of boards that have more strict requirements than being a participating member of the group. I say if you don't like it post your shit for sale on The Corral or Craigs List.

dedpedal
04-13-2012, 08:02 AM
As with anything that is regulated, there will be lowrents who try to circumnavigate the rules.

"Oh, I dont have enough posts and dont want to pay anything so I'll just post my ad in another section or in my signature and hope someone sees it before I get caught."

Do we really want or need this type of person around?

Pops Fun
04-13-2012, 08:16 AM
3/4 of the posts on here are sale stuff..... If you want to sell stuff have 300/500 posts, pay a fee and then talk your stuff up at the get togethers.... If you lose your job send a pm to the moderators about selling.

This is not a site just for selling...

Steve

bkstang95
04-13-2012, 09:13 AM
have a trader/buyer/seller feedback

I know there is a section on the site that you can share your feedback on this, but maybe having it attached to your username may help with the whole "buyer/seller protection"...
Bottom line, the buying and selling of parts is a huge portion of our hobby (way of life for most of us). I don't think paying for an add will fly here especially since you don't have to do so on larger sites such as corral and yellowbullet...and will just drive the actual content to plummet.

Maximus
04-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Seems like a hassle to me. The dollar isn't the problem but what if everyone don't have a PayPal?? What if someone is only selling their stuff because they lost their job and have to sell off things to feed/take care of their family?? What happens when someone sells a stolen part and stangbangerz was paid to advertise this stolen part?? Just sounds ridiculous and greedy. It's almost like stangbangerz is trying to be like the government and trying to tax you for selling your part or whatever.

So $1 is too much to ask for when it could help the seller target his audience and get his items sold faster and get money to his family sooner?

EXACTLY!! But there are a few on here that take advantage of that, so really the $1 is aimed at them. If they want to sell a shit load of parts on here, then knock yourself out. $1 an ad is cheap. Why wouldnt anyone pay a fee to sell your item? Wouldnt that be greedy on their part?? If they are selling a $3000 or $4000 car or a $300 intake, $1 dollar is such a crime? Seems like they are being the "entitled" ones and living of the SBZ govt.;)

I say do it. It'll also weed out all the bullshit ads that people post with no pictures, location (if not shown on profile) and price. People will put in the effort when it costs them money.

Really a good idea maximus... even a broke clock is right twice a day I guess.

Neat, you approve.

jktruckin06
04-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Don't sound so excited lol.

leroy93lx
04-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Make it a separate website that you pay a once a year fee to sell all the stuff you want. Make it where you have to pay before you can set up your user name and it be on an automatic withdrawal set-up every year. Then you will know who has paid. I really doubt a lot of people would use it but it's an idea. I honestly can't believe how much of "hot" topic the classifieds are right now. Racingjunk does quite well I think. Maybe Stangbangerzclassifieds.com could make it too..........

mrstang-gt-46
04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
x2 rob!!!!!!

AntiRice427
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM

^This is how I feel. Those people that get on here just to sell stuff will eventually look around on the rest of the forum and might get more involved with the site. If not who cares? What does it hurt to have them on here. The more parts to choose from the better. If you want to see the site die get rid of the classifieds.

5.0calypso93lx
04-13-2012, 12:19 PM
This.
Also, who is going to monitor who has paid their $1 to post in the classifieds ?? Sure, you can Paypal it to Holly, but the Mods/Admins wouldn't know that unless they were in contact with her on a regular basis, which I'm sure they aren't. Seems like it would be more work for her and the Mods/Admins, who probably barely have enough time now to monitor the site.

Bottom line, this.

I get a lot of razzing on here for buying and selling a bunch of stuff but I have met a ton of people during that process, many of which I talk to on a regular basis. The only reason my car has EVER been driven is because of buying parts off of people like 92coupe Brian way back when I was first getting the car going.

Sorry Craig, but I think paying $1 for an ad is a horrible idea. I'd say there's a big percentage of people on here that own fox bodies and you can often times run into parts you need for a fox that are only $10-15. I wouldn't even bother placing the ad if I had to spend $1 to do so.

facemelter71
04-13-2012, 12:29 PM
I keep saying we need a classifieds feedback for each member. In there signature is where it needs to go.
You pay to become a premium member. The dues are due at the beginning of the year and are renewed every year to stay a premium member.You even get a cool little tag for how many years you have been a supporter.
This system works on the biggest paintball forum on this planet. And works great.

Maximus
04-13-2012, 12:38 PM
I know. Im just stirring the pot.

Seems like A LOT of current SBZ people are only here to buy and sell stuff, which is FAR from what this place once was. I expected more of a shit storm about the whole $1 thing and I know no one wants to babysit that.

It wasnt about the $1 more the fact that people feel entitled to sell their stuff on here and not contribute anything else. As a long time member, it just keeps eating away at me knowing this isnt what SBZ was originally about and I hate to see it going down this road.
I wish everyone that has joined SBZ after Vinny's passing could have experienced the old Cruise ins, get togethers, meetings etc etc. That way some of them might have a clue about what I feel and why I do what I do on here. I guess I take shit too personal.

Whyucryn
04-13-2012, 12:39 PM
So $1 is too much to ask for when it could help the seller target his audience and get his items sold faster and get money to his family sooner?

EXACTLY!! But there are a few on here that take advantage of that, so really the $1 is aimed at them. If they want to sell a shit load of parts on here, then knock yourself out. $1 an ad is cheap. Why wouldnt anyone pay a fee to sell your item? Wouldnt that be greedy on their part?? If they are selling a $3000 or $4000 car or a $300 intake, $1 dollar is such a crime? Seems like they are being the "entitled" ones and living of the SBZ govt.;)

Neat, you approve.

I don't think a dollar is going to break the bank for anyone. I'm just trying to make a point that the hassle of trying to PayPal someone a dollar everytime you post an add is ridiculous. I don't even have or use PayPal. Then again, I don't buy and sell alot of parts either. You guys keep trying to change the website and its driving people away. Especially the old time original members. Everytime someone mentions change here everybody screams and says "that's not what Vinny wanted" I'm pretty sure Vinny never had a post count rule for the classifieds. He never tried to charge someone to post something forsale. He never cried about how much it costs to run the site. He simply did it and took care of it because it was something he loved. He didn't run this site like a business. He charged vendors and used the money to cover the cost to keep the site up and running. I just think if you want to keep people around, quit focusing on changing and making new rules and focus more on cruise ins and track days and so on. That's what brings people together and that's why this site was created. I've been here a long time now and I remember the days of having Vinny around. I just don't think he'd agree with this at all. You guys do as you wish though.

cstreu1026
04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
What's driving away the old time original members is the constant bitching and complaining about shit like this.

jktruckin06
04-13-2012, 12:43 PM
What do you do on here? Riding your buds coat tails doesn't count.

You get on here and get all bent out of shape over things all the "new guys" do.

Why don't you make some tutorials and try and lead by example instead of crying about how things used to be.

Whyucryn
04-13-2012, 12:45 PM
What do you do on here? Riding your buds coat tails doesn't count.

You get on here and get all bent out of shape over things all the "new guys" do.

Why don't you make some tutorials and try and lead by example instead of crying about how things used to be.

Who is this directed at?

KB1
04-13-2012, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't have found a cool microwave from you James if not for your post, I wouldn't have found my 2000 GT if Josh (2000GT) didn't post it for sale ETC.

I to have met a lot of great people via the classifieds, David, Josh, Brad, James, Adam, Kenny & I found a Great Speed Shop owned by some guy named............Craig!

I totally understand where this is coming from, whatever is decided I will conform, it would be worth a $1.00 to me if it meant meeting more good people like I have in the past.

Just another .02

Maximus
04-13-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't think a dollar is going to break the bank for anyone. I'm just trying to make a point that the hassle of trying to PayPal someone a dollar everytime you post an add is ridiculous. I don't even have or use PayPal. Then again, I don't buy and sell alot of parts either. You guys keep trying to change the website and its driving people away. Especially the old time original members. Everytime someone mentions change here everybody screams and says "that's not what Vinny wanted" I'm pretty sure Vinny never had a post count rule for the classifieds. He never tried to charge someone to post something forsale. He never cried about how much it costs to run the site. He simply did it and took care of it because it was something he loved. He didn't run this site like a business. He charged vendors and used the money to cover the cost to keep the site up and running. I just think if you want to keep people around, quit focusing on changing and making new rules and focus more on cruise ins and track days and so on. That's what brings people together and that's why this site was created. I've been here a long time now and I remember the days of having Vinny around. I just don't think he'd agree with this at all. You guys do as you wish though.

Pssst...He NEVER Charged Vendors. We all helped him out at one point and he in turn allowed us to post up stuff. It was AFTER his passing that the new Vendor stuff came into play.

I agree with you whole heatedly about the track days and cruise ins, Hell, I TRY and keep shit fun (SCS) but there is ALWAYS someone Bitching , Whinning, or complaining about it. Thank God the ratio of Haters is 1 or 2% or I wouldnt continue to do it.
Ask Bill or anyone else that was at the last SCS, we had a BLAST!! There was no drama, or BS, it was like old times when everyone just came out, raced their cars and had fun.

I dunno....I need to step down and find a replacement as my heart is no longer in SBZ.:(

AntiRice427
04-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I know. Im just stirring the pot.

Seems like A LOT of current SBZ people are only here to buy and sell stuff, which is FAR from what this place once was. I expected more of a shit storm about the whole $1 thing and I know no one wants to babysit that.

It wasnt about the $1 more the fact that people feel entitled to sell their stuff on here and not contribute anything else. As a long time member, it just keeps eating away at me knowing this isnt what SBZ was originally about and I hate to see it going down this road.
I wish everyone that has joined SBZ after Vinny's passing could have experienced the old Cruise ins, get togethers, meetings etc etc. That way some of them might have a clue about what I feel and why I do what I do on here. I guess I take shit too personal.

Are you a Ford Racing dealer? Need to order some stuff.

jktruckin06
04-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Whyucryn... just maxipad. The self proclaimed leader just erks me lol

Whyucryn
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Pssst...He NEVER Charged Vendors. We all helped him out at one point and he in turn allowed us to post up stuff. It was AFTER his passing that the new Vendor stuff came into play.

I agree with you whole heatedly about the track days and cruise ins, Hell, I TRY and keep shit fun (SCS) but there is ALWAYS someone Bitching , Whinning, or complaining about it. Thank God the ratio of Haters is 1 or 2% or I wouldnt continue to do it.
Ask Bill or anyone else that was at the last SCS, we had a BLAST!! There was no drama, or BS, it was like old times when everyone just came out, raced their cars and had fun.

I dunno....I need to step down and find a replacement as my heart is no longer in SBZ.:(

Craig you're one of the most respected persons on the site. You've been around since day 1. I do know that you try to keep this place going down the right road... I just think that sometimes your TomTom gives you the scenic route instead of the best route, lol. Every event you put together is usually a blast!! I personally think alot of this is caused by some of the other Nazi police, lol.

Maximus
04-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Whyucryn... just maxipad. The self proclaimed leader just erks me lol

Who said I ever wanted to be a leader? Your jealously surely clouds your judgement.:rolleyes:

jktruckin06
04-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah maybe one day I can know someone that started a forum lol

Maximus
04-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Well then you can say you actually did something in life.

jktruckin06
04-13-2012, 01:30 PM
I do lots. I work, piss people off, eat and get fat, get dumb tattoos and I have a project car that will probably never be done.

AntiRice427
04-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I do lots. I work, piss people off, eat and get fat, get dumb tattoos and I have a project car that will probably never be done.

Sell me those rockers back then lol.

akagreg3
04-13-2012, 01:42 PM
im new to sbz but i dont really see the big deal? bout a post count, hell with it, i have lots of good stuff for sell but its all on free old criagslist, and if i truly want it gone id ebay for a price, been a while since iv sold anything on ebay but i think they charge 5% or something not sure but i never signed up to this forum to sell stuff didnt even know that you could, it was the kewlest thing to just find a mustang forum so close and everyone iv talked to is from some where near me :)

bkstang95
04-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Sell me those rockers back then lol.

Will there still be a $1 charge to sell it back?!?! :lol: Someone has to keep track of all the revenue!

jktruckin06
04-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Man the day I change it up you will have them lol

SJSlots
04-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Well this has ben fun. Hey does anyone have a stock ford logo center cap for my S197? Damn power washer ripped the Ford blue oval right off of one of mine. I'll pay you for it and give you an extra dollar not to list it! :-)

cstreu1026
04-13-2012, 04:16 PM
im new to sbz but i dont really see the big deal? bout a post count, hell with it, i have lots of good stuff for sell but its all on free old criagslist, and if i truly want it gone id ebay for a price, been a while since iv sold anything on ebay but i think they charge 5% or something not sure but i never signed up to this forum to sell stuff didnt even know that you could, it was the kewlest thing to just find a mustang forum so close and everyone iv talked to is from some where near me :)

You're right its really not a big deal. You can post your stuff for sale here for free and all we ask is that you actually participate and be a part of the place. The people that come here any more just want to bitch and complain about anything and everything. I guarantee that come October there will be a couple hundred posts bitching about the Dirty Dozen and how so and so should or shouldn't be on the list.

06V6Andrew
04-13-2012, 05:08 PM
You're right its really not a big deal. You can post your stuff for sale here for free and all we ask is that you actually participate and be a part of the place. The people that come here any more just want to bitch and complain about anything and everything. I guarantee that come October there will be a couple hundred posts bitching about the Dirty Dozen and how so and so should or shouldn't be on the list.

i agree...100%. i have hit my 100 post and beyond. it's pretty easy and it's not a big deal

mustangrodtp
04-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Seems to me the one that does most of the bitching on here is one of the head honchos.

Mbubby61
04-13-2012, 08:21 PM
pretend it is the ultimate mustang store in the world ! New parts, old parts, new cars old cars, come one come all join in the fellowship and knowledge of other stangbangerz !!

then ya walk in the front door, ask a few questions, this is so cool, ya start to learn, yer new so ya take it slow.. Then you realize yer not so dumb after all, you find out you have something other stangbangerz might need, they have something you need but wait. what you saying,,, I have to come back 100 times before I graduate to a full blooded member !!

This really discouraged me at first,, I joined the site, learned by buying parts off guys who had already been there and done that. Matter of fact was how I found out about the site was I bought something off brandon on craigs list... Bought a few things, sold a few things.. Then wham, the door was locked and I was not allowed in. I understand the vendors viewpoint,, they make a living buying, selling, servicing. For me it was not a question of who abused the system,, it became who was being restricted and for what.. The logic of it takes no time to reach 100 post is flawed. say you did 3 a day, that is 3 months, hell summer be gone in 3 months.. life goes on,, There are always ppl that will take advantage of the system, try to beat the system, use the system.. I dont want to see someone spam the web site,, but there has to be a better way.. Banning, blocking, exculding, including,, way to stressfullllllllll.. I just want to finish my projects, learn along the way, and have fun doin it when I can. Actually looking forward to having a car to drive this year to get togethers, shows, fund raisers, you name it.. I have over 100 post now,, glad I graduated to a full blooded stanger.

Here is a pic of my car and Plated's magic. will be putting up more pics,, time keeps on ticking ticking ticking....

jktruckin06
04-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Hey mbubby how does that gold star lot look now? When we gonna cruise in there?

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't use Paypal so aside from dropping a dollar in Holly's mailbox, this doesn't work for me lol. But then i rarely sell anything so it wouldn't effect me too much.

bangingears
04-13-2012, 09:29 PM
what ever you guys decide, I am cool with. I will a few bones to support the cause......

2007ShelbyCobra
04-13-2012, 10:22 PM
100 posts. If they cant make a LEGIT 100 posts, they likely arent here to do anything productive. I put a good amount of stuff for sale, but I like good deals and like giving people good deals or fair pricing.

Mbubby61
04-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Gold Star can see at night now !! They would love to have a cruise in , just need to pick a date..

Kwik92GT
04-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Bitching about people bitching = Priceless :lol:

Blackout
04-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Charging to post to the classifieds would not probably be advised. A website with forums costs most generally $100 year give or take a few dollars. VBulletin runs right at $200 but that's a one time charge unless you update every year. So its $300 to start it up and $100 to keep it. I just figured I would throw that bit of information out there.

What's going to happen when people start claiming that money they paid for the classifieds and being a vendor on there taxes. Then Holly will have to pay taxes on that money...catch my drift.? That's not fun to deal with.

Paying for classifieds just isn't worth the time or effort to manage. If anything remove the 100 post count as long as that person registers and provides some personal info to keep scamming and spamming down. For all that matters have them register seperately for posting in the classified section. This will keep some of the BS from coming up. There are better ways.

This site has been generally dead for the most part. Now summer is coming and its going to get worse. Basically not wanting to step on any toes but trying just simply state the facts. You will have people just browsing all the time but the people who actually post are not going to be on here all the time.

I can go on with this post and ramble all day but I just don't have the time. Good luck on what ever is decided for the site, but be carefully not to run off dedicated members.

cstreu1026
04-14-2012, 11:03 AM
In the end it comes down to the same one thing...if you don't like the rules you are free to go else where.

Kwik92GT
04-14-2012, 11:47 AM
In the end it comes down to the same one thing...if you don't like the rules you are free to go else where.

That's part of the problem. That mentality is exactly what has run off many long time members who used to make this site what it WAS. Your attitude will do nothing to make that situation any better. You act like you want this site to be what it once was, but then say don't let the door hit you in the ass to it's members.

People are going to bitch about things from time to time. Let 'em. Is it really any skin of your or anyone's back? Banning people over personal disagreements and telling the members they can go get fucked if they don't like things will do NOTHING to make this site any better. That has been the attitude of many of you in recent years and look where it has gotten this site. You want to help bring this site back? Bring a better attitude. Be part of the solution not part of the problem.

duststang
04-14-2012, 01:34 PM
I say when they become a member have the min 100 post bold in the email sent to them. I dont know how much paying would help. I dont sell anything but just my thoughts

Rick93coupe
04-14-2012, 02:15 PM
In the words of Paul Mccartney, " let it be".

Timido
04-14-2012, 02:41 PM
You want this site to be what it once was. Ditch the classifieds. You will find out who your friends are if they are not selling stuff to you. This site was once a great place to have a good laugh get some great advise. People knew just about everyone else because they meet them at the cruise in or the track. Too many people sit behind a Keyboard and they don't participate. Get off the couch.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-14-2012, 04:01 PM
I say when they become a member have the min 100 post bold in the email sent to them. I dont know how much paying would help. I dont sell anything but just my thoughts

Right...change it so there's a check box you have to check that has this along with all the other rules in nice big fat clear print and if people are too lazy to read the first line about 100 posts then that's their problem.

cstreu1026
04-14-2012, 04:23 PM
That's part of the problem. That mentality is exactly what has run off many long time members who used to make this site what it WAS. Your attitude will do nothing to make that situation any better. You act like you want this site to be what it once was, but then say don't let the door hit you in the ass to it's members.

People are going to bitch about things from time to time. Let 'em. Is it really any skin of your or anyone's back? Banning people over personal disagreements and telling the members they can go get fucked if they don't like things will do NOTHING to make this site any better. That has been the attitude of many of you in recent years and look where it has gotten this site. You want to help bring this site back? Bring a better attitude. Be part of the solution not part of the problem.

THe problem is its just a handful of people who can't read/follow the rules which are in place to try to create a better environment for everyone. Requiring 100 post before hocking your wares is far from extreme. The majority of the people that bitch and moan about the rules are those that don't contribute anything to the site since they have less than the 100 post required to post things for sale. If they can't be bothered to post other than in the classifieds then what are they really contributing to the site? Its free to post ads on Craigs List so let them go there. This was never an issue in the past because people got involved and participated. However when you log on to the site these days its 75-90% classified posts and often its by people who have may have been "members" for a while but contribute little if anything at all to the site other than selling things.

You want this site to be what it once was. Ditch the classifieds. You will find out who your friends are if they are not selling stuff to you. This site was once a great place to have a good laugh get some great advise. People knew just about everyone else because they meet them at the cruise in or the track. Too many people sit behind a Keyboard and they don't participate. Get off the couch.

Agreed...as I said before ditch the classifieds, ditch the dozen, and 99% of the drama, whining, and bitching goes away. I'd far rather go back to the days of 40-50 active members who participated both on-line and at various events without all the headaches we have now.

RyanR
04-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Agreed...as I said before ditch the classifieds, ditch the dozen, and 99% of the drama, whining, and bitching goes away. I'd far rather go back to the days of 40-50 active members who participated both on-line and at various events without all the headaches we have now.[/QUOTE]

lol You listed the only reasons I get on this site anymore.

cstreu1026
04-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Agreed...as I said before ditch the classifieds, ditch the dozen, and 99% of the drama, whining, and bitching goes away. I'd far rather go back to the days of 40-50 active members who participated both on-line and at various events without all the headaches we have now.

lol You listed the only reasons I get on this site anymore.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for proving my point.

evil8
04-15-2012, 12:00 AM
BDS for Mayor of SBZ.

Kwik92GT
04-15-2012, 12:39 AM
They can do whatever with the classifieds honestly, I've used them and like having the option of looking for or selling parts I need or have, but it won't kill me if it goes away, and it won't change how much I come here.

I'd hate to see the Dozen go away though. I think it's one of the cooler things we have. I know some tire of the bitching about it but most of the discussions/arguments deal with the age old debate of what a street car is (It'll never be settled :rolleyes: ), and a couple of rules. I don't believe it's ever been severe enough to warrant getting rid of it. There's has been some lobbying to try and get some people on the Dozen in the past, but I don't see where it's caused any huge issues either. Disagreements are a part of life. If people don't want to read about it, just simply don't click on those threads.

89coupe
04-15-2012, 12:53 AM
You know I've bought and sold just as much as anybody on here but anymore I'd say ditch the classifieds If need be cause it seems like no one buys anything off this website anyways!I was kinda young back in the day when vinny was still around but I did get to know him and I think he would be very dissapointed on how this site has become!! I can remember the video of back in the day when all the local stangbangerz went to bowling green and ran there cars at the nmra event those were the days wish someone could find that video on here! Craig has his grey coupe, plated had his car and there were several others! So I up for whatever you decide just throwing in my two cents

jad0087
04-15-2012, 01:59 AM
sooo ditching the classifieds will make the site better?...that doesnt make much sense....some ppl im sure use this site to buy used parts locally to build their cars, buying parts is how you build your cars which is what racing is all about...some people dont have big paying jobs to go buy new shiny parts and still have the nack for speed....and deleting the dirty dozen...i guess nobody is about racing anymore??....

evil8
04-15-2012, 09:42 AM
This site works perfectly...why change anything. The Shady Shaun ordeal proves this community makes the right decisions.

evil8
04-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Onions and pickles.

End thread/

Whyucryn
04-15-2012, 12:19 PM
^^^Eat shit you Tom Cruise wanna be

jktruckin06
04-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Tom cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me.

2Fast4You
04-15-2012, 01:26 PM
You are always going to have this type of situation with a new comer weather you charge a fee or not. They only ask questions until they are fully aware of all circumstances, the current rules are the rules. They will deal with it or move on.

evil8
04-15-2012, 02:12 PM
^^^Eat shit you Tom Cruise wanna be

Get back to putting neons on your Mtown ricer stang, someone is making a point here.

Moody
04-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I look here for parts before anywhere else because u have more trust for the people on here. And the way you take care of the shady thing is to show up in person and pay in cash or mcribs... No onion or pickles drowned in that sauce!!

evil8
04-15-2012, 03:54 PM
^^^This guy is missing the point, the onions and pickles make the McRib delicious.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2012, 07:50 PM
You are always going to have this type of situation with a new comer weather you charge a fee or not. They only ask questions until they are fully aware of all circumstances, the current rules are the rules. They will deal with it or move on.

Exactly. Start charging and instead of threads saying "WTF 100 posts!!??" they'll say "WTF i have to pay to sell stuff!!??".

Since when did we start changing the way things are run around here to please the few new people we have while at the same time spiting all the people who were here from the beginning? Leave it alone, leave it how it is, and if people don't like it they can sell their stuff on CL. I don't understand why this is even up for debate.

06V6Andrew
04-15-2012, 08:10 PM
^^^ i don't know why it is..i love the 100 post rule!!! KEEP SBZ THE SAME!!!

Whyucryn
04-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Get back to putting neons on your Mtown ricer stang, someone is making a point here.

I have neons and you have a smoke machine. Sounds like a party! Wanna see how they look side by side on a track near you? Lol

evil8
04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I have neons and you have a smoke machine. Sounds like a party! Wanna see how they look side by side on a track near you? Lol

Absolutley Urkel. Bring that junker on!!

wolverine8490
04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't know or hang out with many people on here, but I have met pretty many. 99% of the people I have met is from buying and selling things. It is cool that the majority of people on here are local, but if you start charging for people to sell things, you will just push them away. There are to many free sites to sell and buy things. Just my thoughts though.

dedpedal
04-15-2012, 10:07 PM
One of these days I'm just going to get sick enough of the whiners and bitchers to just start banning them all. Theres rules for a reason. I dont make them and dont agree with some but I'll uphold them. Grow up and behave or begone.

I guess Im just old fashioned but I like the way things used to be.

dedpedal
04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Its no fun being the head boob in in a room full of manginas. Im really saddened to see all the whiny bullshit being tossed around like first graders crrying about school lunch.
GROW THE (expesisitive deleted) UP!

plated
04-15-2012, 10:36 PM
i met vinny becouse of the classifieds on here,there for leave it alone,i'm sure he would agree:angel:

jktruckin06
04-15-2012, 10:55 PM
2 posts whining within 10 minutes = hypocrite

Kwik92GT
04-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Just for the record .... no pickles or onions. :D

Whyucryn
04-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Bbq pulled pork sandwiches from white castle are wayyy better than that nasty ass mcrib... Just saying!

Moody
04-16-2012, 09:06 AM
i think when the mcrib comes back out we all should meet up and take over a Micky D's.

pegasus
04-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Ill say this a newbie should be allowed to post a WTB thread. My line of thought being this: the newbies cash will probly go to fund the sellers mustang project who here hasnt sold parts to fund a project? hell I have a mustang II thats going to pay for the paint jobs on two other cars after it get sold however; I dont think theres anything worng with a guy having to wait to sell stuff I did but i think when I did it the post count only had to be 25. the post count also helps with members on here not getting screwed over

just my http://www.mycoins.us/USA/2Cent/1869/1869RevAEO.JPG

BIGRED Z
04-16-2012, 02:15 PM
2 posts whining within 10 minutes = hypocrite

Don't know ya, but you seem to be one of the ones always chiming in to stir up shit. Put yer spoon away Betty Crocker.

pegasus
04-16-2012, 02:20 PM
a thread like this is great to add to your post count tho

jktruckin06
04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
And I will admit that big red. I don't know you but maybe you should stick to the Betty crockery if you don't like what the guys have to say.

Alot of people on here stir the shit. It's funny. The people that stir shit also contribute to the site. I've met a handful of people from here so far and I think any of them will say I'm legit. I just like shit talking. But you won't catch me fighting at the track or ripping people off. I don't know what the problem is. I even tried to set ya up with some flooring action, my guy was busy or whatever but I tried. So I dunno what to tell you.

jktruckin06
04-16-2012, 03:36 PM
I mean what else is there to do on this site. I post some questions, try and answer some. Post some funny shit I think people might like to see (not too much though), I chucklefuck with everyone else about the funny stuff others post, I post some stuff for sale, I've bought a good bit of stuff from members.

Maybe I "participate" too much. My buddies talk all kinds of shit when we hang out about whatever's going on. I suppose there are too many overly sensitive people here.

I wonder if camaro owners whine as much on their forums lol maybe I need a bowtie.

06V6Andrew
04-16-2012, 04:22 PM
what would you do with the mustang tattoo if you got the bowtie?

dedpedal
04-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Bbq pulled pork sandwiches from white castle are wayyy better than that nasty ass mcrib... Just saying!

Really Rob? Ive been afraid to try those.

then again Im spoiled on Lori's homemade BBQ.

dedpedal
04-16-2012, 05:23 PM
I wonder if camaro owners whine as much on their forums lol maybe I need a bowtie.

You could join a local Fbody club. I hear they have alot of fun hanging out at McDonalds on friday nights.

That was sarcasm btw.

cstreu1026
04-16-2012, 06:05 PM
It's only people on this site that bitch and whine about forum rules.

jktruckin06
04-16-2012, 06:50 PM
what would you do with the mustang tattoo if you got the bowtie?

i could probably get it covered lol. or get the bowtie on the other side and tell people i'm bi-polar

06V6Andrew
04-16-2012, 07:53 PM
or...you could just put a bowite on the mustang to make it look classy!!! (and make it go slower) :bigthumb:

jktruckin06
04-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Haha... that's great

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-16-2012, 08:29 PM
It's only people on this site that bitch and whine about forum rules.

Because every other forum i've been on, the rules are what they are and bitching gets you nowhere. You either follow the rules or get sent out the door.

cstreu1026
04-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Exactly...follow the very simple rules or get the ban stick.

BIGRED Z
04-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Really Rob? Ive been afraid to try those.

then again Im spoiled on Lori's homemade BBQ.

My BBQ does rock!! Screw the McRib!!! :eek:Or the pulled whitey! :eek:

Maximus
05-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Where do send my $5? (Really should be $1, but I said I would send $5 if I sold my Coupe/parts):)

redfirepearlgt
05-18-2012, 06:30 AM
My BBQ does rock!! Screw the McRib!!! :eek:Or the pulled whitey! :eek:

Pulled Whitey? Sounds like cannibalism to me....