PDA

View Full Version : Share a positive story - SBZ related

redfirepearlgt
04-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Two years ago this past March, we had to put down our Boxer (Bailey) who many of you knew. It killed us. I never knew how hard that would be until that day.

Many were so kind and sympathetic to our loss. As it turned out, a member in the Dayton area PM'd me and told me he needed to thin his pack down to two. The one he was looking to find a good home for was his male 10 month old Boxer (Shelby) and thought of us after reading my thread. This kind member allowed us to adopt Shelby after we met with them and met with their approval. Many of you have met the timid Shelby. He is a born and bread SBZ and loves rides in Mustangs. Wish I could teach him to growl at Camaros and Vettes. LOL! JK!

This one of the assets of the SBZ site friends. It's about giving and receiving. It's about helping another man when he's down. Its about a lending hand.

Do you have an OPTIMISTIC SBZ story? Please share it with the site. Thanks.

5.0calypso93lx
04-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Cool thread idea Chad.

Funny you mention this idea because Kenny (Fordfan) came out this past saturday to help me with some of the wiring on my car when he pointed out to me that the back of the solenoid actually grounds to the body of the car where it mounts. Kenny was telling me about how he was down at Vinny's one night helping Vinny with his car and how Vinny's car wasn't starting. Vinny had all of the wires hooked up on the solenoid but the solenoid wasn't mounted to the car yet. Kenny said he mounted it up and the car fired right up :lol: I got a kick out of that.

Katmandu
04-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Do you have an OPTIMISTIC SBZ story? Please share it with the site. Thanks.It's nice to hear the positive side of humanity these days. :bigthumb

That's a great story that worked out for everybody.

SBZ does have a lot of real decent folks. I remember their compassion when we put our son (dog in my avatar) down this past August. That really does mean more than people realize. :)

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Cool thread idea Chad.

Funny you mention this idea because Kenny (Fordfan) came out this past saturday to help me with some of the wiring on my car when he pointed out to me that the back of the solenoid actually grounds to the body of the car where it mounts. Kenny was telling me about how he was down at Vinny's one night helping Vinny with his car and how Vinny's car wasn't starting. Vinny had all of the wires hooked up on the solenoid but the solenoid wasn't mounted to the car yet. Kenny said he mounted it up and the car fired right up :lol: I got a kick out of that.

Kenny is the man, easily one of the coolest and nicest people i know, he's helped me out more than i'll ever be able to repay him.

When i first joined this site, a couple months later i had some serious health issues that caused me a week's stay in the ER. I had made a thread asking if anyone had ever heard of my symptoms, and then never got to reply to that thread before going to the hospital. When i got back home the thread had blown up with people concerned about how i was doing...total strangers where talking about ways to find my address and check up on me. A couple months after that me and my fiance at the time split up and she took my son from me. It was a really rough time. I got a PM from some guy named Vinny i had never heard of or talked to, asking for my phone number so i sent it. He called me immediately and told me he was here to talk to if i needed it and we could hang out any time. I've always been a loner, i keep a very tight nit group of close friends and it really caught me off guard that this guy was so open and willing to help a stranger out. That sort of kindness is really missing from this forum lately.

06V6Andrew
04-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Kenny is the man, easily one of the coolest and nicest people i know, he's helped me out more than i'll ever be able to repay him.

When i first joined this site, a couple months later i had some serious health issues that caused me a week's stay in the ER. I had made a thread asking if anyone had ever heard of my symptoms, and then never got to reply to that thread before going to the hospital. When i got back home the thread had blown up with people concerned about how i was doing...total strangers where talking about ways to find my address and check up on me. A couple months after that me and my fiance at the time split up and she took my son from me. It was a really rough time. I got a PM from some guy named Vinny i had never heard of or talked to, asking for my phone number so i sent it. He called me immediately and told me he was here to talk to if i needed it and we could hang out any time. I've always been a loner, i keep a very tight nit group of close friends and it really caught me off guard that this guy was so open and willing to help a stranger out. That sort of kindness is really missing from this forum lately.
this is the kinda of story that i like to here...makes me wish i could have meet vinny even more!