PDA

View Full Version : My 1985 Mustang GT being reborn

Goldenpony
04-24-2012, 10:53 PM
I am having my 1985 Mustang GT 5 spd. restored by Bruce Gould. I bought this car brand new in late 1984.
I picked up a rust free hood, hatch & a set of Florida doors. The roof (with an after market sun roof stupidly added by yours truly) caused a lot of rust to the roof, so Bruce is fitting my baby with a donor roof sans sunroof along with a new headliner. The car will be returned to it's OE color (silver w/blk stripes). Years ago I had it painted Ford Lt. Oxford gray. She will be getting all new weather stripping and new OE color carpet. I am considering having a new windshield put in because the old one is badly sand blasted.

When I get "The Old Gray Mare" back, I'll post some pics. Long live the old Fox bodies. :cool2:

redfirepearlgt
04-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Love the 85,86 Fox. Guess thats because it was the coveted mustang to have when I was 21 and couldn't afford one or the insurance or both at the time. Post up some pics in the media section when you get it back from resto.

setty2706
04-24-2012, 11:30 PM
I was lucky to see this car in person a few months back.. I love a modified car but very glad you are bringing the 4eyed beauty back to original condition.. We proved that no matter the generation you come from that a car guy is a car guy... What started as a simple purchase of a dash plate turned into a McDonalds breakfast and talking cars for an hour...

we will be here waiting for some pictures..:popcorn:

firestang70
04-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Cool would love to see pics when completed. Always had a soft spot for 4 eyes.

KB1
04-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Nice! Bruce does great work, knows his way around the Fox Body:bigthumb.

Can't wait to see it finished.

mad max
04-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Definetly in good hands with bruce working his majic on it.

Goldenpony
05-05-2012, 04:31 PM
The restoration of my Pony is going well. Bruce has replaced the roof that was a mess because of rust. He has the doors primed and fit (donor doors). The whole car has been block sanded and has a lot of primer on it. He expects to get some paint on it soon. Getting excited now. :)

DeckerEnt
05-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Sounds like it is coming along!!! Cant wait to see some pics!!!!

4EYED85GT
05-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Its gonna look great, Bruce does top notch work!