PDA

View Full Version : MEAT PIT in Amelia

duststang
04-26-2012, 03:26 PM
The wife and I went to the ‘MEAT PIT” in Amelia the other day. We pulled in and there was nowhere to park so we parked in the grass. We had to wait a while (close to 60mins) as the service was having trouble keeping up. I ordered the pork chop dinner and she ordered the chicken salad. The food was terrific the servers were very friendly and decently priced. We had a pleasant experience with the exception we were there for 2 hours total. It was close to home and we will defiantly go back (hoping the service is a little quicker). PS. try the Cucumber Lemonade!

sean
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
cucumber lemonade???? That sounds just awful.

Also an odd name for a placeto go eat. The meat pit doesnt sound real appetitizing.

heyitsmepugsley
04-26-2012, 05:49 PM
thats funny cause everytime i go out to eat i get water with cucumber instead of lemon and they always look at me weird. lol but its good. ill have to try the meat pit.

2Kblacksleeper
04-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Where in amelia?

DSSKing68
04-27-2012, 06:10 AM
I went by that place last week and it was PACKED! They must be doing something right already. I am going to have to try it.

It is the old Ladonna's, just west of Amelia Olive Branch. It was a mexican place before that.

2Kblacksleeper
04-27-2012, 06:34 AM
Ok, I know that place. I thought that Ladonnas sucked big time. The Mexican place before was pretty good.

duststang
04-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Ok, I know that place. I thought that Ladonnas sucked big time. The Mexican place before was pretty good.

yeah Ladonnas did suck! Mexican food I like Los Cabos? next to Kroger
everyone i tell says it is the best and they all say cucumber lemonade? then they try it and say its the best. my neighbor ate three 3 times last week because he liked it so much lol.

beefcake
04-27-2012, 09:24 AM
my buddy was just telling me about this the other day, said the food is awesome

BIGRED Z
04-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a new place to put on my list!