PDA

View Full Version : Online College

Chunk94GT
04-27-2012, 02:58 AM
I have been looking into maybe trying to do some online college. I was looking for some advice, if anyone on here has done it or know what its like. I work 11-12 hrs a day 5-6 days a week. Love my job make great money, just looking out for myself and the future. I don't have a extreme amount of time on my hands but a few hours a day. Is it possible to pull this off. Anyone have any advise or can tell me what is like?

Thanks

jad0087
04-27-2012, 03:09 AM
I go to Clark State and have takin a few online classes here...their not too bad....you just have to be a very motivated person to actually do the work....the cool thing is you can do it whenever you want, day or night and dont have to sit in a boring class..

BIGRED Z
04-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I enjoyed my online courses, and I was able to do homework while at work. I was taking them thru NKU. I just got my Masters in Health Informatics. Not all the classes were available online though. Since I work 12 hr night shifts, online courses worked well for me.

Katmandu
04-29-2012, 01:21 AM
My wife is an Instructor for some On-Line classes. They are fairly successful when she has motivated students.

A lot folks are seriously misguided thinking On-Line classes are all a cake walk. Be prepared to put the work in and not be a slacker.

Chunk94GT
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't think I would have any trouble doing the work, my only concern is the time. I go to work at 3pm and get off at 3am, and when I get off I don't want to have to spend 3-4 hours doing homework and reading everyday. If its something that I can take my time with and do at my pace that would be awesome, cut out of work early and come home and do my work. I guess I could give NKU a call and see what they say. They have a Business course online that I could take and see what kind of time I have to dedicate to it.

four6trix
04-29-2012, 02:22 PM
I've been taking online business courses through our local community college. They have a program where they transfer directly to Wright State University and pretty much knocks out the first two years of the bachelor's degree program. I love it b/c it's a lot cheaper and more convenient for me to take them online. I'm getting ready to transfer back to the university, so I won't be able to do online classes anymore. But, I loved it while it lasted. Just like the others have said, you really do have to be self-motivated in order to succeed. There's going to be no one on your butt the whole time pushing you, so it is easy to slack! Best of luck man.

BIGRED Z
05-01-2012, 02:34 AM
It's not cake walk, but you generally have several days to a week to submit an assignment or paper. Generally there is a group project that you will have to participate in. Mostly it was done through e mail or conference calls. There were always profs who could work with you on a due date if your work conflicted. I highly recommend it for the non traditional student.