PDA

View Full Version : 3650 issues

slick04gt
05-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Well I've done lots of reading on these transmissions and mst are troublesome with the majority. There seems to be a lot of notchiness and 2nd/3rd gear synchro issues. I pulled my stock shifter and went with an aftermarket thinkin it might improve things a little but its more noticeable now. Mine is a very shift resistant, notchy ass transmission. Its like it stops in the middle of the travel to allow the synchro to engage but it does this in every gear. I can't see all the synchro's goin bad at the same time. The clutch travel is alright, it engages bout 3 inches from the floor. Tried changing to a non synthetic fluid at the revised level and no change. If you shift slow and hold the shifter toward the next gear it will fall in. It jus don't want to go til its ready. It doesn't grind or anything, jus the pause in shifter travel during gear changes. Anyone. Else experience anything like this, I can't see all of them bein this way.

06V6Andrew
05-01-2012, 06:54 PM
i experienced something similar to this in my v6 car, turned out the the pressure plate was bad. It wasn't letting the clutch fully disengage so the synchro had to match the rpm speed. Maybe it's something similar..maybe not, but it could be worth looking at.

slick04gt
05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
That's kinda how it seems. Goin with the shorter throw I'm sure made it more noticeable but its definetely strange. I've drove a lot of manuals and never one that feels like it does. If you try to shift fast at all the shifter travel completely stops for a second then falls in gear.. And it bein every gear has lead me to think clutch. There's a lot of these tranny's out there so I figured I'd ask before I changed it

06V6Andrew
05-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I drove my cat like they for a long while. After about a year it started to grind when it went into the next gear, only when I was power shifting though.

1987coupe
05-02-2012, 12:10 PM
^^ i dont see why you would drive a cat but thats up to you lol.
Sounds like the clutch isnt adjusted right, does it have an adjustable cable or fire wall adjuster?

06V6Andrew
05-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Stupid auto correct.... but I agree with Tony definitely something with the clutch.

slick04gt
05-02-2012, 01:37 PM
No, its all stock