PDA

View Full Version : any direct tv guys on here?

BIZLE
05-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Looking for a little help
i have direct tv at my home with 4 hd receivers
and my dish is a turbo hd
im wanting to take one of my receivers down to my camp site and leave it for the summer
can i just buy a dish and use my receiver ? do i need a hd dish? i dont care if its hd at my camp

furiouslyfaster
05-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I wanna say that it will work because my dad has dish ( I know different company) but he had an HD receiver but not the HD dish for a long while and it worked. Then when he was ready for HD they just came and replaced the Dish. So I would say it might work.

89notch
05-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes you can just buy a dish and install it at your campground. We have done this at our campground and it worked perfect. I'm not sure on the HD part but we bought a used HD dish on Craigslist for 30.

BIZLE
05-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Sweet thanks for the info
on to my next question anyone on here have a dish they would want to sell?

Evolved
05-07-2012, 05:49 PM
I have one, I think it even has a dual LNBF?? I am in Wilmington though.

cstreu1026
05-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I think I have a used Directv dish in my shed if you are interested.

BIZLE
05-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Well a buddy just gave me a dish but i have no clue how to install it
it has 3 wires coming from the dish and it has 3 eyes round white things that point toward the dish
i tried hooking it up with no luck
if anyone on here is up to make some extra cash call me 513-293-0882
my camp is on the river down toward ripley and i would be glad to pay someone to get this crap working

furiouslyfaster
05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
DO you have to have somebody from Direct TV come out and setup a signal? Just curious cause when I put the roof on my house we moved the dish just slightly and they had to come and re-align it.

cobradon
05-07-2012, 09:57 PM
DO you have to have somebody from Direct TV come out and setup a signal? Just curious cause when I put the roof on my house we moved the dish just slightly and they had to come and re-align it.

I hit mine with the riding mower and moved it.I had a signal strenth setting on my receiver.I just turned the volume up on my tv and went out and turned my dish real slow and listened.More rapid the beep the better signal.If u point the dish toward the southwest sky it would be a good starting point.I took a sharpie and made a mark on it in case i ever bumped it again.

Evolved
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
The dish is very easy to setup, just point it SW and turn it slowly like the above post says.