PDA

View Full Version : E2O 5/11??

KYGTP
05-07-2012, 07:42 PM
So who all is going this week? It looks to be a great night to race, as of right now.

I plan on taking the Grand Prix on its maden voyage down the Track!! This week can not go fast enough for me, I am so excited. I have never felt this way about my car, meaning, the way it pulls so much harder. (My butt dyno says so) Seeing that I beat the eyes out of it for three hours last weekend, I feel pretty good about it holding together this time.

I hope to be able to beat my PB of 11.56 from last year on this same block. Keeping my fingers crossed. If I don't Oh well, I am still going to have a fun trying.

So at what point WILL they kick me out for not having a cage?? I know I am putting the cart before the horse, but I am trying to think big. The biggest problem that I see is going to get traction off the line with my slicks that are couple yrs old.

stew95gt
05-07-2012, 11:44 PM
I plan on going if i can pawn off the old lady.

Mista Bone
05-08-2012, 12:53 AM
KYGTP, just do 1/8th mile runs to compare the numbers, if all looks good let one hang all out, if you get sent home, oh well :)

redfirepearlgt
05-08-2012, 08:56 AM
I'd love to be there but working second as usual.

331lx
05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I b there Thursday I doubt I make ot down Friday

Stangman
05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I might head down to spectate. Can't drag race the black car til the truck gets fixed.

mustangrodtp
05-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I plan to go either Thurs. or Fri.?

Steves LX
05-09-2012, 09:46 AM
So who all is going this week? It looks to be a great night to race, as of right now.

I plan on taking the Grand Prix on its maden voyage down the Track!! This week can not go fast enough for me, I am so excited. I have never felt this way about my car, meaning, the way it pulls so much harder. (My butt dyno says so) Seeing that I beat the eyes out of it for three hours last weekend, I feel pretty good about it holding together this time.

I hope to be able to beat my PB of 11.56 from last year on this same block. Keeping my fingers crossed. If I don't Oh well, I am still going to have a fun trying.

So at what point WILL they kick me out for not having a cage?? I know I am putting the cart before the horse, but I am trying to think big. The biggest problem that I see is going to get traction off the line with my slicks that are couple yrs old.

Well as long as you look the part and dont roll your window all the way down to get your timeslip you should be alright. Usually they will give you a warning before they tell you to either slow it down or you are done.

KYGTP
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Well as long as you look the part and dont roll your window all the way down to get your timeslip you should be alright. Usually they will give you a warning before they tell you to either slow it down or you are done.

Good to know. Are you going Friday?

Steves LX
05-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Good to know. Are you going Friday?

Yes we r going. Last test n tune before our first UMTR race next weekend.

redfirepearlgt
05-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Did you get the tranny issue resolved?

Stangman
05-10-2012, 11:23 AM

Of course, he's the one man pit crew!

MrsAPE
05-10-2012, 06:58 PM

My son said something about coming down to Edgewater. If he shows up in Matilda please let me know. :lol: Letting him take it to Butler Tech car show Saturday so he'll have the keys to her.

Good luck. Hope it runs what you want it to!! :bigthumb

kennebellcobra
05-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Should be there watching.... if I can remember I'll bring the camera.

KYGTP
05-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Should be there watching.... if I can remember I'll bring the camera.

Please remember the camera, I would love to get video of the car. If you foreget no big deal though.

Steves LX
05-10-2012, 10:29 PM
My son said something about coming down to Edgewater. If he shows up in Matilda please let me know. :lol: Letting him take it to Butler Tech car show Saturday so he'll have the keys to her.

Good luck. Hope it runs what you want it to!! :bigthumb

I will keep an eye out!!!

Steves LX
05-10-2012, 10:31 PM

Yeah I sure did. Ordered the part from LIberty's Monday. Received it late Tuesday. I tore the tranny down and put it back together last night and stuck it in the car earlier tonight. Cars on trailer and ready to go.

Stangman
05-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah I sure did. Ordered the part from LIberty's Monday. Received it late Tuesday. I tore the tranny down and put it back together last night and stuck it in the car earlier tonight. Cars on trailer and ready to go.

Now, come do mine.

furiouslyfaster
05-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Then mine lol we can have a tranny party. Wait that don't sound right.

firestang70
05-11-2012, 09:53 AM
lol we can have a tranny party
there is something wrong with you young man :lol:

beefcake
05-11-2012, 10:13 AM
i'll be going,

does anyone thats going have a license?

i need to make some passes

Stangman
05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Then mine lol we can have a tranny party. Wait that don't sound right.

LOL nice.........

redfirepearlgt
05-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Took the day off. Waiting on my new wheels to arrive, then headed to get them mounted up, and I will be down tonight.

KYGTP
05-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Sounds like there will a few of us there, thats great!!

The weather is killer out and I am DYING to get out of work and get loaded up. You know, to think of it, I think I am leaving work early, like here at 2.

I am so amped to run my car for the first time!! I am beside myself.........

Well, see you guys out there:D

KYGTP
05-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Finally loaded up and ready to go. I did just find a small leak on my slicks though, but I think it will be fine for tonight. I ordered new ones last night, so I just need them for tonight and then they get retired.

See you guys out there!

kennebellcobra
05-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Please remember the camera, I would love to get video of the car. If you foreget no big deal though.

Camera is in the car:)

Maximus
05-11-2012, 05:01 PM
DRs are on the 4 door and Im heading down after work. :D

redfirepearlgt
05-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Me have camera too. Getting cleaned up and then heading down. Have new wheels on the car. She is perty, I think.

Maximus
05-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Me have camera too. Getting cleaned up and then heading down. Have new wheels on the car. She is perty, I think.

Pics!! :bigthumb

adragon72
05-12-2012, 12:33 AM
How did every one do?

Maximus
05-12-2012, 12:49 AM
I did alright and I saw a "Streetcar" with sponsors all over it getting pushed through the staging lanes. :lol::bigthumb

redfirepearlgt
05-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Steve LX had a new personal best. Some others like 12secLX ran some great numbers as well and believe he had a new personal best as well. Will let them all post their own bragging right numbers. THey earned it.

It was a great night and I was happy to have taken the vacation day and drove down to spend the evening with everyone. Great turnout.

89coupe
05-12-2012, 06:59 AM
I was there had a good time went a couple 10.90's at 121mph in my grey 79 gear change this week and hopefully pick up a little!

Jeff88coupe
05-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Made some changes...ran a new best ever on 8.5"s in the 1/8th mile with my car with the pt88 on it. 5.55 at 129 with a 1.32 60' at 3400#

redfirepearlgt
05-12-2012, 10:18 AM
I was there had a good time went a couple 10.90's at 121mph in my grey 79 gear change this week and hopefully pick up a little!

Got some photos of your launch. Love how that hatchback would pop open!

redfirepearlgt
05-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Made some changes...ran a new best ever on 8.5"s in the 1/8th mile with my car with the pt88 on it. 5.55 at 129 with a 1.32 60' at 3400#

Saw your passes Jeff. AWESOME! Got some photos on the line but the launch photo is a little fuzzy. Should have been using a faster shutter speed.

adragon72
05-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Damn guys sound like there was some fast time put down lastnight. Congrats!!!

beefcake
05-12-2012, 10:28 AM

very nice :)

Steves LX
05-12-2012, 11:34 AM
I had a pretty good time down there last night. 10.95 and a 10.97 @123. More than anything I was there to work on my lights and finally they are starting to come back. Managed a.028 and .006 on those two 10.90 passes. UMTR starts next Saturday.

89coupe
05-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Got some photos of your launch. Love how that hatchback would pop open!

Thanks for the great pics that damn hatch I didn't even know it came up

331lx
05-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I had a pretty good time down there last night. 10.95 and a 10.97 @123. More than anything I was there to work on my lights and finally they are starting to come back. Managed a.028 and .006 on those two 10.90 passes. UMTR starts next Saturday.

Nice runs steve, I'm taking it you got your trans issues resolved

Steves LX
05-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Nice runs steve, I'm taking it you got your trans issues resolved

Yeah I tore apart this week and fixed it. I just need to get my tune figured out now. Car still has plenty left in it. UMTR starts Saturday and thats my main concentration right now. The car is running super consistent right now so as long as I can keep lights like I was last night I should be good. Before we started playing with timing and carb stuff last night. My first 3 passes were 11.049. Cant ask for much more than that when it comes to bracket racing.

331lx
05-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah I tore apart this week and fixed it. I just need to get my tune figured out now. Car still has plenty left in it. UMTR starts Saturday and thats my main concentration right now. The car is running super consistent right now so as long as I can keep lights like I was last night I should be good. Before we started playing with timing and carb stuff last night. My first 3 passes were 11.049. Cant ask for much more than that when it comes to bracket racing.

Yea no doubt consistency is key and it appears u have that down

redfirepearlgt
05-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the great pics that damn hatch I didn't even know it came up

NO prob. You want them PM me and I will attach them.

KYGTP
05-12-2012, 09:58 PM
What a good time last night. Great to see alot of guys out.

I feel like a total heal, I guess that is what I get for thinking I was going to beat my PB:rolleyes: Last weekend, the car felt GREAT, last night, no so great. Just amazing............

First pass out, tank had too little fuel in it and running E85, the pump is pumping 30% more, so on the top end, I ran VERY lean, like 13.1 lean, which in turn caused all kinds of KR.

Second run, add 5 gallans more fuel, added 5% more fuel to the fueling table, Dropped timing down to 23 Degrees, 1/4 way down the track, 12.6 A/F, so I let out of it.

Third Run, we added 5% more to the fuel table, made a full pass, with 12.1 or so A/F, but now the trans feels strange and the car falls on its face on the top end. Come to find out, I was seeing a TON of KR again.

I had put shorter upper motor mounts on the car, and was thinking that it was causing something to hit to cause this KR, since the rest of the log looked fine. So I took the stock ones off a friends car to see if that helped.

Fourth run, car felt OK, shifts were a little slow, A/F still around 12.1, 12.0, and at the end of the track my rpms hold and the car falls on its face.

Look at the log, once again, KR on the top end. Upper mounts did not help

Fifth run, added a little more fuel, dropped timing a little, still same reasult. After talking to my friend on the phone who helped me tune it, he seemed to think that the TQ converter is shot:eek: That it most likely has "ballooned".

So today, I get the car on the lift, take of the inspecting plate for the fly wheel and see paint is missing off the TQ converter, there is metal dust in the trans housing, and the flex plate had rub marks on it.

I would have to say, I fried the TQ converter/ballooned it, which in turn was making the flex plate, flex too much, which in turn was causing it to hit the block and the rear cover bolts, THAT is why I was getting a TON of Knock Retard on the top end. AH, problem solved, well kinda.

SO guess what I get to do again, yeap, pull the motor AGAIN, and put in a different TQ converter, this time I am getting a High Performance custom converter with a billet cover. It even comes with a 5 yr warrenty and rated to 1000hp. That will solve that problem, or at least that will let me see the next weakest link that my car has.

beefcake
05-13-2012, 01:02 PM
What a good time last night. Great to see alot of guys out.

I feel like a total heal, I guess that is what I get for thinking I was going to beat my PB:rolleyes: Last weekend, the car felt GREAT, last night, no so great. Just amazing............

First pass out, tank had too little fuel in it and running E85, the pump is pumping 30% more, so on the top end, I ran VERY lean, like 13.1 lean, which in turn caused all kinds of KR.

Second run, add 5 gallans more fuel, added 5% more fuel to the fueling table, Dropped timing down to 23 Degrees, 1/4 way down the track, 12.6 A/F, so I let out of it.

Third Run, we added 5% more to the fuel table, made a full pass, with 12.1 or so A/F, but now the trans feels strange and the car falls on its face on the top end. Come to find out, I was seeing a TON of KR again.

I had put shorter upper motor mounts on the car, and was thinking that it was causing something to hit to cause this KR, since the rest of the log looked fine. So I took the stock ones off a friends car to see if that helped.

Fourth run, car felt OK, shifts were a little slow, A/F still around 12.1, 12.0, and at the end of the track my rpms hold and the car falls on its face.

Look at the log, once again, KR on the top end. Upper mounts did not help

Fifth run, added a little more fuel, dropped timing a little, still same reasult. After talking to my friend on the phone who helped me tune it, he seemed to think that the TQ converter is shot:eek: That it most likely has "ballooned".

So today, I get the car on the lift, take of the inspecting plate for the fly wheel and see paint is missing off the TQ converter, there is metal dust in the trans housing, and the flex plate had rub marks on it.

I would have to say, I fried the TQ converter/ballooned it, which in turn was making the flex plate, flex too much, which in turn was causing it to hit the block and the rear cover bolts, THAT is why I was getting a TON of Knock Retard on the top end. AH, problem solved, well kinda.

SO guess what I get to do again, yeap, pull the motor AGAIN, and put in a different TQ converter, this time I am getting a High Performance custom converter with a billet cover. It even comes with a 5 yr warrenty and rated to 1000hp. That will solve that problem, or at least that will let me see the next weakest link that my car has.

How are you measuring your a/f ratio? You cannot go by a classic gauge because of the stoich of the fuel.

You really need to be measuring lambda on the car

most widebands are using a stocih of 14.64 (pump gas) times the lambda (what the sensor actually is reading) and thats how it comes up with a/f

e85 will have a stoich of around 9.7

should be shooting for a lambda of around .78 to .80

Brandon Alsept
05-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Go to this link Sean some good info.

http://www.e85mustangs.com/tuning.html

KYGTP
05-13-2012, 04:17 PM
How are you measuring your a/f ratio? You cannot go by a classic gauge because of the stoich of the fuel.

You really need to be measuring lambda on the car

most widebands are using a stocih of 14.64 (pump gas) times the lambda (what the sensor actually is reading) and thats how it comes up with a/f

e85 will have a stoich of around 9.7

should be shooting for a lambda of around .78 to .80

I am using a Innovate LC-1 Wide Band controller and gauge, and lambda does not change with fuel, since it reads lambda 1.0 is stoich regardless of fuel used. So I can still use the same A/F valves as gasoline. I would have to go into the controller software and change the multiplier. If you change the fuel but dont change the multiplier you would just continue to aim for the same AFR that you did with the old fuel. With that being said, I am still trying to get around 11.8 to 12.1 A/F.

KYGTP
05-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Go to this link Sean some good info.

http://www.e85mustangs.com/tuning.html

Brandon, thanks a bunch, great info right there.

Oh and in that artical it says this too:

Quote:

If you already have a standard gasoline AFR meter hooked to a wideband O2 sensor, you can still use the displayed gasoline AFRs in determining your engine's true AFR. For example, if your gasoline meter is showing 14.7, then we know this is Lamda of 1.0. The equivelent on the E85 side is around 9.7. Therefore you can conclude that the 14.7 you see on the gauge is a true AFR of 9.7. This allows you to effectively use existing gasoline AFR components or software to tune an E85 Mustang without buying special equipment. Simply use the same target AFRs on your gasoline gauge that you normally targeted for gasolline.

End Quote.