PDA

View Full Version : http://www.nadaguides.com/

akagreg3
05-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Heres the deal,
my insurance company has been giving me crap about a accident,, guy hit me and my girlfriend in the rear end when we where siting at a red light and tried to take off, well i chased him for about 5 or 6 blocks till he went flying by a police station and there where like 5 cops in the parking lot so i just pulled in and was like hey that guy just rearend us and took off,, cops just stood there looking at me like i was crazy? "hamilton city police" so finllay i was like well are you gonna do anything? one cops goes hang on we have to deal with this first well there a crackhead chick next to the cop car yelling about how another crackhead took her kid, any way the police finally took a report and cought the guy cause he was still driving around with the front of his car pushed all the way to the windshield, well iv been fighting with my insurance company for almost a year now over this, i have a 1988 ford thunderbird with 88000 original mills nice car nothing wrong with it at all, insurance company sends this little chick out to inspect my car, mean while i have a buddy has a body shop took it to him, he estimates about 1200$ in damages also took it two 3 other body shops for Easements all 3 of theres was way over 2000$ gave all the easements to my insurance agant, finally about 4 months later we get a letter in the mail saying its not cost efficient to have this car fixed and they want to salvage the car out they offered us 2400$ minus 300$ for salvage something and 115$ for something else leaves 1800$ well nada says my car at worst is worth 3800$ and i should of said the damage to the rear end was not bad at all with car being a 88 and made tuff,, the bumber pushed in just a little bit and the end tail pipe was gone, my body guy told me the worst part is gonna be finding the bumber shock but he has a guy that deals in nothing but thunderbirds and should not have any problem finding one, well in the begain we just wanted the car fixed 1200$ fixed/painted out the door np well the insurance company is refussing to do anything but salvage the car, i dont want a salvage title- i want the car fixed,, id like to hear from some insurance guys on how close the NADAguidelines are?

Stangman
05-10-2012, 12:12 PM
The shitty part is, that's how the insurance co. Works. They take market value..... not collector value... now, probably the thing to do, is get someone who is a collector car appraiser and get pics to that person, and then have them come inspect it in person. They should be able to appraise it better than market value... if its of any value in the first place. That would provide ammo to get it fixed and not totalled.

Like, if I were to total my '77 Mustang II.... 4cyl/auto car.....they'd laugh at me.... BUT I have collector insurance on it now, and collector plates (F U Ohio! No more renewal!) And it has 65k on it.....

With a car like that, it helps to not have it as a daily driver, and to have some sort of collector insurance on it.

akagreg3
05-10-2012, 12:30 PM
The shitty part is, that's how the insurance co. Works. They take market value..... not collector value... now, probably the thing to do, is get someone who is a collector car appraiser and get pics to that person, and then have them come inspect it in person. They should be able to appraise it better than market value... if its of any value in the first place. That would provide ammo to get it fixed and not totalled.

Like, if I were to total my '77 Mustang II.... 4cyl/auto car.....they'd laugh at me.... BUT I have collector insurance on it now, and collector plates (F U Ohio! No more renewal!) And it has 65k on it.....

With a car like that, it helps to not have it as a daily driver, and to have some sort of collector insurance on it.

i sure wish i knew what i know now about this, at first when we tryed to put in a claim the girl on the phone tried to hangup on us saying we didnt have uninsured motorist coverage in are policy luckly my sister had been reading the policy... i only have liability insurance :(

Stangman
05-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Pretty sure you are up the creek on this one....

akagreg3
05-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Pretty sure you are up the creek on this one....

yea starting to think so, my buddy kepts telling me to find a lawyer bad thing with is my homeowners insurance and auto are all go through the same company if they drop me i am stuck