mustang_gt88
05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
what a loss sad day for the mustang and race fans

04 Venom
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
He was a giant.

DSSKing68
05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
RIP and Godspeed Carroll. Thank you for all that you brought us.

SJSlots
05-11-2012, 04:49 PM
A true ICON!!

draggin50
05-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Sad day. He had 9 lives though! Man is an Icon for sure.

mustangjon
05-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Unlimited burnouts up above

Blkcobra01
05-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Sad to hear rip.

timdsellers
05-11-2012, 05:46 PM
That sucks. He built my favorite cars of all time.

Rob
05-11-2012, 05:55 PM
God speed, what you brought the world will never be forgotten, what a guy

MrsAPE
05-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Think Vinny met him at the gate to ask some questions or something?!

331lx
05-11-2012, 06:25 PM
RIP Mr shelby

80 hate
05-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RIP and Godspeed. I got to meet him two years ago at SEMA. Very nice man. He told me " Anyone can make a car fast. But you have to think to make a car good".

DSSKing68
05-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Met him last year at OSH. Got his autograph and shook his hand and thanked him for all he did for the performance world.

jmuddiman
05-11-2012, 08:37 PM
The man is gone, but legends never die.

Gstang117
05-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Rest In Peace Carroll Shelby.
His work is what drew me into muscle cars and kept me from being a ricer.

PKFIRE
05-11-2012, 09:19 PM
He will be missed. He gave many people affordable well rounded performance.

2kSVT
05-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Sad day, he did alot for the performance world. What a life he led. Going to work building badass cars would be alot of fun.
I'm actually going to a Shelby car show in Indiana next weekend. There are members from Saleen Club of America going to the show, I will get to see alot of his creations!
RIP Mr. Shelby

qwk93ta
05-11-2012, 11:12 PM
That really sucks.....

redfirepearlgt
05-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Got the word while at E20 tonight. 89 years is a good long life. Truly a man of vision and talent.

Dedicated5.0
05-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Shelby was a man who never let failure get him down. He simply brushed it off and moved on. Speed Channel has a Carroll Shelby special Sunday night at 9:00.

Gearhead
05-13-2012, 09:41 PM
great old pic

IWRBB
05-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Carroll was great, until he turned into a money grubbing whore in his later years. He sued the Shelby Club- the only reason people still cared at all about his underpowered, ill-handling Mustangs. Zmax. Need I go on? I think I can stop right there.

02mingryGT
05-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Carroll was great, until he turned into a money grubbing whore in his later years. He sued the Shelby Club- the only reason people still cared at all about his underpowered, ill-handling Mustangs. Zmax. Need I go on? I think I can stop right there.

LOL well all I can say is everybody has their faults but the time to take a swipe at a guy who has done more in life taking a shit on a toilet than you have period, is pretty much past. That Cobra you have wouldn't even exist without Shelby. I realize this is the intraweb and people say some pretty stupid shit, myself included, but you show in the least what is known as bad form. I'll leave you with these: Never speak ill of the dead and Empty vessels make the most noise.

redfirepearlgt
05-14-2012, 10:31 AM

Seems you are rather bitter about something to be bashing the dead. Someone overlook you for a promotion at work recently? Neighbor could afford a new 2013 Shelby GT500 and you can't? Country Club turn down your application? Found a former college roomate is making more than you? Didn't get invited to the prom? GROW UP!

SAAC owners obviously did not hold up their end of the annual license agreement. Read the whole release. Shelby did not sue for moneys. His name was being used in an unlicensed way. Allowing unlicensed making of product on a name of this magnitude opens a potential Pandoras Box.

Official press release -

Gardena, Calif. – January 31, 2008 – Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., (CSL) and Carroll Hall Shelby Trust (Shelby Trust) filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on January 29, 2008, against the organization formerly known as the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC), which is owned and operated by Ken Eber and Rick Kopec. In the lawsuit, CSL and the Shelby Trust filed for Declaratory Relief, Breach of Contract and Preliminary and Permanent Injunction against the organization owned by Eber and Kopec.

As outlined in a news release dated December 7, 2007, CSL announced that it had determined not to renew its written license agreement with the organization then known as SAAC. That decision was based, among other business considerations, on a continued disregard for the license agreement requirements. The annual, year-to-year agreement was personally signed by Eber and Kopec on behalf of their club in 1999.

In light of the organization’s repeated claims that it did not recognize, and even had no intention of recognizing the termination of the licensing agreement and that it planned to continue the unauthorized use of trademarks owned by the Shelby Trust and licensed exclusively by CSL, officials with the Shelby Trust and CSL had no other recourse than to file suit. In their filing, CSL and the Shelby Trust seek a declaration from the court that will compel the enforcement of the terms of the licensing agreement both before and after its termination.

IWRBB
05-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Seems you are rather bitter about something to be bashing the dead. Someone overlook you for a promotion at work recently? Neighbor could afford a new 2013 Shelby GT500 and you can't? Country Club turn down your application? Found a former college roomate is making more than you? Didn't get invited to the prom? GROW UP!

No, I get paid just fine, I got the car I want, and I get sex on a regular basis. So no, it's not me- it's just that CS was an money grubbing asshole for the last 20 years. Jesus- you guys are getting so sensitive on here- it’s like dealing with a bunch of little girls with hurt feelings.

SAAC owners obviously did not hold up their end of the annual license agreement. Read the whole release. Shelby did not sue for moneys. His name was being used in an unlicensed way. Allowing unlicensed making of product on a name of this magnitude opens a potential Pandoras Box.

Come on. Shelby could have EASILY let it go. They promoted his cars for years after they were no longer relevant. The only person concerned about his name being licensed by the SAAC was CS. Why? Because the SAAC had blown up the “Shelby” trademark into something worth a LOT of money and he wasn’t about to continue letting them use it unlicensed or else he couldn’t claim it for himself. The lawsuit did not have to do with money- but the license agreement certainly did.

CS was so charitable too..
""In 2005, Shelby's foundation took in $594,062 in contributions and gave out only $24,944 in grants."
""In 2007, Shelby's foundation took in $1,808,595 in contributions and gave out only $72,654 in grants."

Where did most of that donated money come from? SAAC members and events. Once they found out what the numbers where (the truth came out in the laswuit) the SAAC guys were not real happy with ol’ Shel.

And lastly- Zmax. Or is it zMax? "Zmax" was proven to be mineral oil with dye in it. The FTC said- you can't sell that using the BS claims in your commercials. A few years later, "zMax" is being pushed by, guess who? "Put this in your car". Why Carroll? Why should I pour your t(a)inted mineral oil in my gas tank or crankcase?

My feeling about CS have nothing to do with him being dead or alive- I felt the exact same way last month, and last year, and I've made my feeling about CS well known to anyone who starts putting him up on a f'n pedestal. LOTS of highly influential racers, journalists, etc will say the same thing. CS was great back in the day- It's too bad about the last 20 years though.

I have my opinion of the man based upon what CS did in the last 20 years. You guys have your opinion based upon what CS did 55 years ago. That's fine.

redfirepearlgt
05-14-2012, 01:03 PM
No, I get paid just fine, I got the car I want, and I get sex on a regular basis. So no, it's not me- it's just that CS was an money grubbing asshole for the last 20 years. Jesus- you guys are getting so sensitive on here- it’s like dealing with a bunch of little girls with hurt feelings.

Ah-ha...So you must have been rejected by the local country club then. I knew there was something eating you. Failure to address the forementioned is a perceived indirect admission of guilt. Too late to deny it now. Life is full of rejection. You'll be fine.:lol:

thecollector
05-19-2012, 10:10 AM
I only hope in the last two decades of my life when my health is failing I won't have to be hitting up cash for gold places to finance organ swaps and to have the ability to shake someone down for using thecollector name.