PDA

View Full Version : Senate OKs Texting Ban

Pops Fun
05-16-2012, 07:35 AM
First I've heard of this!!

Senate OKs Texting Ban, Bars Teen Drivers From Phone Use

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/31066418/detail.html#ixzz1v20Paaat

A statewide texting-while-driving ban that could be tricky to enforce cleared the Ohio Legislature on Tuesday and was headed to the governor's desk for his expected signature.The House cleared the measure on a 82-12 vote. The Senate passed it earlier this month.

Galaxie
05-16-2012, 07:39 AM
I love it . I heard a comedian talking about texting while driving . He made the remark at least a drunk guy is paying attention to the road when he driving the kid texting is looking in his lap while driving .

jktruckin06
05-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Haha. What comedian is that? It is pretty dangerous shit.

adragon72
05-16-2012, 08:00 AM
im all for this!!!

redfirepearlgt
05-16-2012, 08:49 AM
New sign on I75 South at Lockland Split -

DRIVING INTEXTICATED? GET OFF THE PHONE.

Should bein place for ALL drivers....not just teens.

Stangman
05-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Droid.... talk to text FTW....

02mingryGT
05-16-2012, 09:42 AM
New sign on I75 South at Lockland Split -

DRIVING INTEXTICATED? GET OFF THE PHONE.

Should bein place for ALL drivers....not just teens.

Nobody is allowed to text. Teens aren't allowed to be in on the phone period. I suggest a bluetooth.

Chunk94GT
05-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Hell I can't even text and walk more less text and drive. I struggle to text while sitting down.

sean
05-16-2012, 10:24 AM
this is a good thing. They are cracking down on the things teens can do in the car. I like the new laws. I remember when I got my D/L it was a free for all. Im not sure how I lived. My daughters 12 and by the time she starts driving she wont be allowed to fart in the car with the windows up and thats just fine with me. I have already informed her her first car will be slow, will have a shitty radio in it with one working speaker, and if she talks on the phone one time while driving we will go on a field trip to the crusher.

Mista Bone
05-16-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't text anyways, not even on my phones plan. If I need to say something I just hit that one button and CALL!

omg wtf smh

qwk93ta
05-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Good........

jktruckin06
05-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Stangman I just tried talk to text, it works great. I'm bummed it took me til now to use it.

Goober
05-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Looks like my wife and Siri are going to become best friends.

Stangman
05-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Stangman I just tried talk to text, it works great. I'm bummed it took me til now to use it.

Its fantastic if you speak plainly and not quickly. If it starts acting up... kill all tasks and try again. If you say "smiley face" it will actually insert a smiley. Its great. Its tough, but I've even gotten mine to do punctuation, but you have to time it right, and it doesn't always catch it.

I loves my droid.

Back in '05 I had an oldschool flip phone, and I had the buttons memorized. I could carry on a text convo and not even look at the phone. I kinda miss that.

jktruckin06
05-16-2012, 12:36 PM
I held onto the alphanumeric keypad as long as possible... it's sad but like you said I had it memorized even down to the order words came up when hitting the same keys lol.

I posted it before but the husband/wife Siri argument is hilarious goober

SN95N/A
05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Should be for everyone I saw in 1st post "teens" its everyone I see older people doing this all the time driving down the highway.

jktruckin06
05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I wondered why they passed the law before for truckers only. Why write up two or three bills to get the same end result? Oh yeah, politicians just like making jobs for themselves.

Chunk94GT
05-16-2012, 01:05 PM
I wondered why they passed the law before for truckers only. Why write up two or three bills to get the same end result? Oh yeah, politicians just like making jobs for themselves.

The one they passed on truckers was the whole phone in period. If your caught with a phone to your ear its a huge fine. I've used hands free for along time. Its rough trying to shift, hold a phone, flip 4 wheelers off, drink coffee, smoke a cig, and drive all at the same time.

Goober
05-16-2012, 01:16 PM
The one they passed on truckers was the whole phone in period. If your caught with a phone to your ear its a huge fine. I've used hands free for along time. Its rough trying to shift, hold a phone, flip 4 wheelers off, drink coffee, smoke a cig, and drive all at the same time.

You lack talent.

jktruckin06
05-16-2012, 01:25 PM
They passed the texting awhile ago then the one you're talking about. I love my blue parrot, I don't want to hold the phone anymore, even at home.

Goober, he said it was rough, but we get it done lol.

Gstang117
05-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Honestly this is one government regulation I like. Although this may lead to more drivers with phones plastered to their faces going 15 under the speed limit.

Stangman
05-16-2012, 09:24 PM
They passed the texting awhile ago then the one you're talking about. I love my blue parrot, I don't want to hold the phone anymore, even at home.

I work with computers on the phone all day... I dont wanna touch any of them when I get home either. LOL

Chunk94GT
05-16-2012, 10:06 PM

Goober, he said it was rough, but we get it done lol.

I like my plantronics voyager pro. I can hear everyone, they hear me. Small sits n ear. Can't complain about it

jktruckin06
05-17-2012, 05:59 AM
I like my plantronics voyager pro. I can hear everyone, they hear me. Small sits n ear. Can't complain about it

I think that's what my buddy has. Mine is the big over the head one... but it works

Galaxie
05-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Haha. What comedian is that? It is pretty dangerous shit.

Not sure heard it on Bob & Tom awhile back...