PDA

View Full Version : Max Boost on Saleen SC for 2007GT?

arrinbush
05-22-2012, 04:46 PM
I am trying to find out what hp ranges people have made with the saleen sc, and max boost on it. Before I had my motor built I had 432rwhp at 9.5lbs. With 39lb injectors, 4:10 gears.

Currently being installed while im deployed:

-New 4.6ltr aluminum block, with Manley rods, Diamond Pistons, and Lethal performance crankshaft rated to 1500hp.

- Livernois CNC Stage 3+ heads /with frpp hot rod cams.

-Basanni Longs/ with o/r x-pipe, and bassani exhaust

- SPEC stage 3+ clutch, and 8 bolt almn flywheel, hurst short throw shifter

And that is what is being installed at this time. Not decided on where to tune yet so any ideas please let me know. Looking for what boost i can get out of it, and estimated rwhp for above mods.:rockon:

Thanks, for any and all help. Coming home from afghanistan in july and looking to have some fun in it:bigthumb

redfirepearlgt
05-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Saleen makes a 2.75" pulley good for an estimated 15psi boost. Of course this means upgrading fuel deliery and injector system, and air intercooling system to accomodate the higher boost level. I have heard of people overdriving the twin screw by upwards of 15-20% via an overdrive crank pulley which may gain another 2-4 psi, but beyond that heat soaking becomes very difficult to control. It would be better to either look into a larger volume S/C like a Kennebell Mammoth 2.8L or the new Whipple 3.4L.

I am currently making 507RWHP/463 torque on 9-10 psi stage three package. The setup is accomodated by custom grind cams by Comp Cams from Brenspeed and Pypes midlength headers and O/R xpipe. A JLT 110mm CAI is on the intake side. 39# F/I's and a Kennebell BAP (with plenty of room still) is managing the fuel. MSD COP's are in place as well. This is more than enough torque and HP to overtake the 285 series Nitto 555R series rear tires via a stock 355 diff. The power is getting to the Tremec3650 by way of an Exedy Mach 500 clutch system and Exedy lightweight STEEL flywheel.

The car was originally tuned by Brenspeed and made 473/445. After fighting driveability issues over an over I decided it was time to turn it over to someone local. I chose S/M Motorsports. The tune was completed 4/4/2012. I was not looking for more HP rather better driveability. I got that and the 507/463 results this past Saturday at a dyno event elsewhere in town.

As far as tuners, WOW! There are several great tuners in the area. Three I know of in Cincinnati and one in Dayton. In Cinicinnati you have Tracey at Cincy Speed, Adam at S/M Motorsports, and Brandon at Finishline Performance. In Dayton Mike at Dayton Performance. make calls to these people, discuss you setup, and then go with your gut instinct. Any one of these tuning experts will do you right.

Good luck. you have a nice list of parts. Hard to say what it will make with no more data than you have provided. And even with more data only the final outcome will tell. Lethal sold you most of the parts they should have a good idea what the setup will do at an optimized boost level from a 2.3L twin screw. While one S/C may be more efficient than another the general range should not be all that far apart given comparative S/C's of the same size.

Thanks for serving our country BTW. Take care, stay safe, and DUCK!

arrinbush
05-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I am looking at putting the 8 rib drive system with 2.95 pulley on after i get back too. As far as fuel i forgot to mention i do have the kenne boost a pump. But i am also looking to upgrade the injectors when i get back 60or 72 not sure yet. As far as the intercooler, does saleen provide an upgraded intercooler or is the one that comes with the kit the only size?

On another note, do you know of any events shows/cruise in's scheduled for july? looking to due some drag racing too. I ran it before i deployed with the previous 432rwhp set up, but i definately dont think I got the times i should have. I averaged 13.91 at 117mph. Speed and time dont seem right so i def think my traction played a big part. Any ideas on what i should have been running or could have ran. And I am a beginner when it comes to the track so dont bust my **** . Haha. Plus its a manual.

Any more info you need on what my setup is to give me some estimates just ask.

redfirepearlgt
05-23-2012, 04:51 PM
A trap speed of 117mph is a pretty clear indication of not hooking up off the line when running a 13.91. Running 427HP at the wheels (and I'm no StevesLX or jeff88coupe believe me) I ran a best of 12.32 on stock 235-55-17 Perellis with a 1.88 60ft trapping just short of 115mph. I don't launch hard, and I granny shift. I have not made passes since the upgrades lats year and this. So you could be potentially making low 12's with a good hook at that trap speed.

As far as events in July, I don't have anything official now. I don't do car shows but prefer cruise ins. As far as they go, Milford, Fillmores, Quaker steak and lube each week. Gotta run. work is a callin.

USMCPONY
05-23-2012, 05:54 PM
The supercharger is what's holding you back. I've never seen a Saleen Sc put out more than 580 rwhp (compared to Kenne Bells 2.6L average of about 650 rwhp with the same mods) . That's with a fully built motor, stage 3 heads and cams and on a "mustang" dyno. Mustang dynos tend to be 20-30 hp less than dyno jets. Your def going to need to upgrade your fuel pump, injectors and clutch.

arrinbush
05-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Yea I will eventually get a KB mammouth but i have to wait cause after spending about 10 on the motor build, and another 4-5 on the other goodies, itll be awhile before the wife lets me get anything else . Not saying im not in charge, (well ok, i might be saying that.) haha

But yea i already have the Spec 3+ clutch, and almn flywheel. But not to worried about the injectors right now caus the mammouth kit includes them. Just really wanna have the most out of my Saleen SC until the day comes that im allowed to buy my new KB.

redfirepearlgt
05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Best I recall seeing on a Saleen setup was 679RWHP (been a while since I saw it on the dyno first hand, pretty sure it was 679) on a 302 stroker setup, built to the gills. Heads, cams. springs, the whole shooting match. It was being overdriven by 15% using an overdrive pulley on the crank with a 2.75" drive pulley. The intercooler was the biggest he could get witha twin fan setup. The same engine was later mated up with a Kennebell mammoth and and went just short of 900RWHP. They lifted a head on the dyno during that pull. They thought the builder had used ARP studs on the heads in the build when in fact they only used factory head bolts. I think he goes by Sharrodmustang on S197 forum. Name is joe and lives in Alabama. A cop. Nice guy. Met him up North in Indiana once at a speed shop up there.

arrinbush
05-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Yea im hoping to get close to 600ish with it, and mine is using the ARP Studs, up at livernois motorsports where its being built. So hopefully i wont have that happen to me. :/ But im really looking into that 8 rib pulley system from lethal, because it works for KB too, which i plan to get eventually, just have to get a diff. SC pulley for it.

redfirepearlgt
05-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Good luck and keep your head down over there. Thanks for serving.

arrinbush
05-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Your very welcome, and yea i got like 2 weeks left and my year is done :) and i see you are a veteran as well so thank you for serving as well. :)

redfirepearlgt
05-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Your very welcome, and yea i got like 2 weeks left and my year is done :) and i see you are a veteran as well so thank you for serving as well. :)

Shoot vetreran brother, I had it easy.No needto thank me, but appreciate it all the same. We had the Reagan and Bush years and Desert Storm. A walk in the park compared to what you all have to deal with. God Bless. God Speed.

redfirepearlgt
05-25-2012, 10:48 PM
BTW - I was just on S197forum. The guy goes by Sherrodmustang. It is making 888/897 on E85 running 31psi boost through his Kennebell mammoth S/C. Super nice guy. He may be able to give you a little more insight as to what to expect from your upgrade project.

arrinbush
05-26-2012, 03:26 PM
oh ok, thanks, ill have to try and get a hold of him. Which one is the s197 forum under? whats the site? or is that the site?

akagreg3
05-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I am trying to find out what hp ranges people have made with the saleen sc, and max boost on it. Before I had my motor built I had 432rwhp at 9.5lbs. With 39lb injectors, 4:10 gears.

Currently being installed while im deployed:

-New 4.6ltr aluminum block, with Manley rods, Diamond Pistons, and Lethal performance crankshaft rated to 1500hp.

- Livernois CNC Stage 3+ heads /with frpp hot rod cams.

-Basanni Longs/ with o/r x-pipe, and bassani exhaust

- SPEC stage 3+ clutch, and 8 bolt almn flywheel, hurst short throw shifter

And that is what is being installed at this time. Not decided on where to tune yet so any ideas please let me know. Looking for what boost i can get out of it, and estimated rwhp for above mods.:rockon:

Thanks, for any and all help. Coming home from afghanistan in july and looking to have some fun in it:bigthumb

hey man thanks for your service:bigthumb
the car sounds like its gonna be wicked badass, hope to see some pictuers when its done.
sorry no help on the sc

arrinbush
05-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Your very welcome, and i have up to date pictures of the build and teardown in the project progress section if you wanna check it out:)

akagreg3
05-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Your very welcome, and i have up to date pictures of the build and teardown in the project progress section if you wanna check it out:)

very nice:)
if you get it to hook it well be nasty:bigthumb

timdsellers
06-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Man, I wish I had such a problem!!lol...And thanks for your service!!!!