PDA

View Full Version : Damn car

mustang_gt88
05-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Went out and started the mustang tonight to warm it up and check some things. All went well ran for like 20 mins, then I shut it off and went inside to shower and get ready to go dick around in the ride. I came back out to start the car and all I get is a high pitched whine no motor crank. Damn sounds like a new starter is the next part I buying. I guess this bottle of Jack will have to do for tonight. I have to kick off a 4 day weekend somehow.

jktruckin06
05-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Go to the zone and get the 93 cobra starter. It's like 130 including a 30 dollar core and lifetime warranty.

Rick93coupe
05-24-2012, 10:35 PM
I disagree, don't buy anything electrical from Autozone! I can't tell you how many of those junk starters I went through. They give you a lifetime warranty because they're pieces of crap! Pay a little more and get one from Napa, at least you'll be getting a quality piece.

mustang_gt88
05-24-2012, 10:43 PM
So I dick with it more and if I roll the car and thru it in gear I can then hop back in the car it will start. Im thinking that the starter is either not align(the lower bolt is missing). The other option that I dont want is the flywheel has spots were the teeth are gone. I will check it out more in the morning. John what did you car do when starter started to go bad?

jktruckin06
05-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Mine is giving out cause of heat. It's just old. Yours does sound like it is just spinning free or something.

DSSKing68
05-25-2012, 06:24 AM
don't buy anything electrical from Autozone
This^^^^

It could also be a problem with the starter bendix, I would suggest at least pulling The starter. You probably would have noticed a flywheel problem more than once. If there is tooth damage on the flywheel, the starter gear will more than likely be chewed up as well.

jktruckin06
05-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Man the zone comes through on some stuff. This particular starter has a good rep. Guess you guys have bad luck.

sean
05-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Auto zone starters and alternators are nothing but junk.

setty2706
05-25-2012, 08:14 PM
i fully agree.. i buy alot from autozone but nothing electrical .... just my two cents

Gstang117
05-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Dont know where youre at in dayton but if you happen to be around the dayton mall stop in the napa in miamisburg and ask from grant. i may be able work something out for you onthat starter if you need it.

mustang_gt88
05-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Dont know where youre at in dayton but if you happen to be around the dayton mall stop in the napa in miamisburg and ask from grant. i may be able work something out for you onthat starter if you need it.

I live in beavercreek, I will keep that in mind for parts in the future. I found the problem. The lower starter bolt was gone causing the starter to kick. Put a bolt in and all is well. Back out on the street bangin gears. Thanks guys

Gstang117
05-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Awesome! Beats putting in a new starter lol