PDA

View Full Version : Instruction

DeckerEnt
05-30-2012, 02:29 AM
A friend of mine was murdered this morning in florence where she worked. This sparked an idea in my head. If anyone would like to learn to fire a pistol for self defense purposes, let me know. We will meet at Shooters in Independence Ky. They have an indoor shooting range perfect for pistol shooting. I will instruct on the proper use of a firearm. Just message me here or on Facebook and we will set up an hour or so.
This could turn into an event if there is enough intrest.
Keith

2Kblacksleeper
05-30-2012, 03:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Keith. Prayers and thoughts sent.

If you don't mind me asking where it happened? My girlfriend lives in Florence.

John

Mista Bone
05-30-2012, 04:21 AM
It was in the news......limited details being released

** Update 5-29-12, 1:00pm ** The Boone County Sheriff's office says a woman was attacked and killed at the Thermo Fisher Scientific building. Workers found the woman, who worked in the Human Resources Department, when they arrived Tuesday morning and investigators arrived at about 7:20am.
The sheriff's office have not released the victim's name or if they have a suspect.
Sheriff's spokesman Tom Scheben says they did not find a weapon, and did not see obvious signs of a break-in.
The company released the following statement:
"Earlier this morning, an alleged homicide occurred at the Florence, Kentucky, distribution facility of Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our deepest sympathy goes out to the family of the victim. Our focus now is on cooperating with the law enforcement investigation, supporting our employees and assuring the safety of our facility.
At this time, the Boone County Sheriff's Department is leading an investigation into this issue and we have no further comment."

Read more: http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=119585&article=10158602#ixzz1wL5oC4gf

Keith, I already have a NRA instructor nearby, he is who taught me how to open up Honda transmissions. He also knows someone that does a ONE DAY course on a Sunday to get my CCW for people like me that work 6 days a week.

NickBeam
05-30-2012, 09:42 AM
That's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that.

Stangman
05-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear that Keith.... knowing how to operate a firearm is a necessity

DeckerEnt
05-31-2012, 12:58 AM
The police dept is keeping a tight lid on all info. That could mean that they know who it was and want to keep it out of the press so they can get the person who did this. God I hope so...I was ready and willing to go hunting that day and night.....

jmuddiman
05-31-2012, 02:53 AM
Sorry to hear that.
I believe under kentucky state law if you are a resident and you see a wanted fleeing felon you have the right to shoot them.