PDA

View Full Version : cycling across country

duststang
06-06-2012, 09:29 AM
My friend and his two son's have been cycling across country. This is a really cool accomplishment he will be in Cincy today. I dont think I could make it from Amelia to Beechmont much less over 3,000 miles lol.
http://tlctour2012.wordpress.com/
http://tlctour2012.wordpress.com/about/

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I could do it. I've always wanted to. We ride 30 miles on the weekends no sweat and i'm not nearly as in shape as those guys. If i had the opportunity and could ride a lot and really get into shape, i could do it. In fact, i bet i could do it on a 20 inch freestyle bike while those guys are on high end road bikes :lol:

Stangman
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Damn.... I can't even go 10 miles without feeling like I could die..... and I used to ALWAYS ride a bike...... I just don't see how people do it. I've been told its a mindset you have to get in to.... but I don't see how when your ass hurts and your legs feel like jello after like 15 or 20 miles....... maybe its just me.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Damn.... I can't even go 10 miles without feeling like I could die..... and I used to ALWAYS ride a bike...... I just don't see how people do it. I've been told its a mindset you have to get in to.... but I don't see how when your ass hurts and your legs feel like jello after like 15 or 20 miles....... maybe its just me.

It's like running or anything else, you have to keep doing it regularly to get past the initial pain of it. The first couple times i rode after 10 years of not riding, i got noodle legs and out of breath and all that, but now i ride every weekend and it's no sweat at all. I really enjoy it though so i'm sure that's a big part of it to. By comparison, i can't run a mile without wanting to pass out so it's all in how your body is conditioned.

Stangman
06-06-2012, 02:40 PM
It's like running or anything else, you have to keep doing it regularly to get past the initial pain of it. The first couple times i rode after 10 years of not riding, i got noodle legs and out of breath and all that, but now i ride every weekend and it's no sweat at all. I really enjoy it though so i'm sure that's a big part of it to. By comparison, i can't run a mile without wanting to pass out so it's all in how your body is conditioned.

I used to bike every other day around my neighborhood.... and every time I felt dead.... must be my under developed asthma lungs lol

satan jamez
06-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I had a client who I got into shape to bike from California to Florida. It took us 10 weeks to get into that shape and something like 40 days of riding.